• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

corsair obsidian 800d

P

Pain

VIP
Just bought one for myself. I'm so excited. This thing is a beast.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Overcompensating for something that is lacking my friend ?

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
overkill? what do you have in your pc that you need that huge thing?

P

Pain

VIP
overkill? what do you have in your pc that you need that huge thing?

Its not just the space, its the cable management, cooling/water cooling potential,hot swappable drives and other features of the case that I like. When ever I fiddle about in my case, its hard to do so as its too small. With these case, its easier to work with.

Its also future proof when it comes to upgrading gpu cards. A 5970 wouldn't even fit in my case I have now.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i just got a 5870 for my office HTPC and that thing is bad... I can't imagine fitting a 5970 in a case.

I would like to get one of those cases eventually but can't bring myself to spending money like that for just a case. I don't game much and my video card at home isn't the greatest.

P

Pain

VIP
i just got a 5870 for my office HTPC and that thing is bad... I can't imagine fitting a 5970 in a case.

I would like to get one of those cases eventually but can't bring myself to spending money like that for just a case. I don't game much and my video card at home isn't the greatest.

I currently have a 4670 which I think is a 2-3 year old gpu.

The 800d case is on the expensive side but I don't think I'll ever need to get another case ever again. I might even attempt water cooling since theres so much space to work with.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Corsair is a great trademark but IMHO is a little bit overrated and overpriced (I talk about Power Supplys).

P

Pain

VIP
Corsair is a great trademark but IMHO is a little bit overrated and overpriced (I talk about Power Supplys).

Their power supplies are rated highly. I am buying a 850w modular from corsair soon.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Do you think you'll need 850W? Really?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Do you think you'll need 850W? Really?

Core 2 Quad/ Core I7
two 2TB hard drives
two raptors or SSD
8 GB of Ram
a bad ass video card,

plenty of cooling/ water cooling and ya, you will be needing the 850 watt power supply. I am pushing my 650 watt right now for my desktop in my office.

I get all the fun stuff for work but I just wish i could bring it home and use it for games :doh:

P

Pain

VIP
Got the case today along side an f1 samsung hdd and windows 7.

Heres what my Antec 900 looked like. Cable management for this case is horrible.

33ykxtu-1.jpg

and all the parts inside the 800D.

bdulq9-1.jpg

Finished product. Well kinda, I'll be buying new parts in feb. Cable management doesn't have to be perfect right now. Can't wait to get a modular PSU!

2mqtiea-1.jpg

Ignore the desk. I painted it black but it started to chip. Getting a new desk on monday.

xerdyg-1.jpg

Comparison

96w9ky-1.jpg

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Core 2 Quad/ Core I7
two 2TB hard drives
two raptors or SSD
8 GB of Ram
a bad ass video card,

plenty of cooling/ water cooling and ya, you will be needing the 850 watt power supply. I am pushing my 650 watt right now for my desktop in my office.

I get all the fun stuff for work but I just wish i could bring it home and use it for games :doh:

I disagree. My i5 does not dissipate more than 130W (all cores @ 100%, only 25W @ idle and somewhere near 80-90W gaming). One HD need about 20-25w at full speed (of course @ IDLE much less), RAM does not need more than 0.5-2W (yeah, two watts).

Graphic card comsumption is, in most of cases, unknown for the general public or highly overrated: i.e. my nvidia 9600GT DDR3 "only" needs 90w at 100%. High-end cards: about 150w.

Forget it, you only need 800W if you are going to setup a SLI (2 or more graphics cards) or something like that-

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
looks awesome!

did u sand your desk before u painted it?