• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Proof that we are all weak.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Hannah "The Minx" Johnson, 405lbs deadlift (4/4/09)

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Is it wrong that I was aroused?

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
are you allowed to use that stance? that makes a deadlift so much easier, the ROM was about 5-10 inches, thats not a real deadlift if you ask me.. either way thats a good weight to be able to pull up for a women.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
are you allowed to use that stance? that makes a deadlift so much easier, the ROM was about 5-10 inches, thats not a real deadlift if you ask me.. either way thats a good weight to be able to pull up for a women.

Yes you are. No it doesn't. If it was truelly easier, wouldn't the strongest deadlifters in the world all use it?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

To sumo or not to sumo is all a matter of personal biomechanics. The current equipped and raw deadlift record holders, Bolton and Konstantinov both pull conventional. I tried sumo for a couple of months but it didn't work for me either. Its a real deadlift I assure you. Women generally pull better with sumo too.

Konstantinov

Bolton

Posted by Tim:
An electromyographic analysis of sumo and conventional style deadliftsESCAMILLA, RAFAEL F.; FRANCISCO, ANTHONY C.; kaiES, ANDREW V.; SPEER, KEVIN P.; MOORMAN, CLAUDE T. III

Abstract
An electromyographic analysis of sumo and conventional style deadlifts. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc., Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 682–688, 2002.

Purpose: Strength athletes often employ the deadlift in their training or rehabilitation regimens. The purpose of this study was to compare muscle activity between sumo and conventional style deadlifts, and between belt and no-belt conditions.

Methods: Six cameras collected 60-Hz video data and 960-Hz electromyographic data from 13 collegiate football players who performed sumo and conventional deadlifts with and without a lifting belt, employing a 12-RM intensity. Variables measured were knee angles and EMG measurements from 16 muscles. Muscle activity were averaged and compared within three 30° knee angle intervals from 90 to 0° during the ascent, and three 30° knee angle intervals from 0 to 90° during the descent.

Results: Overall EMG activity from the vastus medialis, vastus lateralis, and tibialis anterior were significantly greater in the sumo deadlift, whereas overall EMG activity from the medial gastrocnemius was significantly greater in the conventional deadlift. Compared with the no-belt condition, the belt condition produced significantly greater rectus abdominis activity and significantly less external oblique activity. For most muscles, EMG activity was significantly greater in the knee extending intervals compared with the corresponding knee flexing intervals. Quadriceps, tibialis anterior, hip adductor, gluteus maximus, L3 and T12 paraspinal, and middle trapezius activity were significantly greater in higher knee flexion intervals compared with lower knee flexion intervals, whereas hamstrings, gastrocnemius, and upper trapezius activity were greater in lower knee flexion intervals compared with higher knee flexion intervals.

Conclusions: Athletes may choose to employ either the sumo or conventional deadlift style, depending on which muscles are considered most important according to their training protocols. Moderate to high co-contractions from the quadriceps, hamstrings, and gastrocnemius imply that the deadlift may be an effective closed kinetic chain exercise for strength athletes to employ during knee rehabilitation

From an interview with Mark Rippetoe:
MK: You mentioned the sumo deadlift. What are your thoughts on the sumo deadlift as opposed to the conventional stance?

MR: As I said, the sumo is a way to increase the verticality of the back angle. This shortens the moment arm between the hip and the bar by effectively shortening the length of the femur when the stance width is increased and by shortening the moment arm between the hip joint and the scapulas when the back angle is made more vertical. It is interesting that there are some people who can’t deadlift efficiently with a conventional stance. For example, some people have femurs and tibias that are so long relative to their back length that they can’t get their back angles much above horizontal without a stance that sufficiently shortens the effective femur length. We found a woman at one of our seminars whose femurs were four inches longer than her back. She had never been able to deadlift conventionally without having the bar ten inches in front of her mid-foot at her start position. When she was in the conventional stance with the bar over her mid-foot, her hips were actually much higher than her scapulas. We put her in a sumo stance, and she got her back at what would be a normal angle for a more proportioned person. She set a PR in her deadlift by 10 kg that day.

:borat:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is the girl in question

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im really confused with the bench press video... Im wondering if it was made for the fetish shmoes and they get horny off seeing her prepare.. I got too bored with watching her put on the armor so i didnt even watch the lift.

.... but she is definitely very hot.

I wouldve never guessed that a female powerlifter would compete in Figure and Bikini

I dunno about you guys but this picture is FUCKEN SEXY!

Any woman that says "i dont want to lift heavy weights because i dont want to get too big" can jump off a cliff for all i care. This is where its at.

EDIT: saw the bench video... GOOD WEIGHT! but i didnt care much for her form

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't want to fuck a girl with better ab definition than me. No way.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I don't want to fuck a girl with better ab definition than me. No way.
Me neither when I think about it. But what does that prove? Yes, we are too fat. :rofl3:

Yep, she's hot. Especially in that boat pic.

C

Comin_Up

women r more flexible mabye thats why they use sumo :)

Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
that is the textbook guy for her.lol.dweeb.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:deadhorse: dude, whats wrong with you!:icon_ninja:

They are not so many hot chick in Finland and you need to fuck shemales. That's not happening in Spain :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

j/k

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fine lookin lady + big ass deadlift = awesome

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
ripped abs =/= shemale.

Theres nothing like feeling up a lean chick. Soft skin, yet firm everywhere. Theres also something about a woman with an efficient body. I find myself grossed out by my friends g/f's even when they are hot, they are bags of waste. They drink nothing but soda, they smoke often, drink alcohol often and are usually dehydrated (because they dont drink water) at all times yet dont notice it... Pretty in the outside, filthy in the inside (litterally LOL)

I guess i just like strong women... and a strong woman isnt necessarily a bitch... something society needs to realize lol

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
ripped abs =/= shemale.

Theres nothing like feeling up a lean chick. Soft skin, yet firm everywhere. Theres also something about a woman with an efficient body. I find myself grossed out by my friends g/f's even when they are hot, they are bags of waste. They drink nothing but soda, they smoke often, drink alcohol often and are usually dehydrated (because they dont drink water) at all times yet dont notice it... Pretty in the outside, filthy in the inside (litterally LOL)

I guess i just like strong women... and a strong woman isnt necessarily a bitch... something society needs to realize lol

I was under the impression you were a virgin :wutyousay: