• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official NHL Thread

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't remember seeing an NHL thread on here, so I figured I would make one for the hockey fans out there. (If there are any).

Go Blackhawks!

V

vdawg

huge hockey fan here man

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I played hockey pretty seriously for a long time.. tried out for the 67's, played against a lot of current pros. So much better to watch in person to truly appreciate the speed of these guys.

V

vdawg

i remember playing against corey perry when i was 8 and 9 years old.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i played against pat kane when he played for west seneca and the buffalo saints, and i played against jordan stall when he played for the thunder bay kings back when we were 13....its really kool to watch them in the nhl

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn! That's awesome you guys played against some of the pros today. I've always liked the blackhawks ever since I was a kid (I used to go to a lot more games back then, not as many now) But I would love to sit down and watch hockey with one of you guys who played so I can understand the game a little better. I never played hockey when I was a kid, nor did many of my other friends as it wasn't really popular sport to play when I was younger.

warpig

warpig

glad you started this....huge Ranger fan

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i played against pat kane when he played for west seneca and the buffalo saints, and i played against jordan stall when he played for the thunder bay kings back when we were 13....its really kool to watch them in the nhl

Seriously? I played against Kane with West Seneca too (and Pat Kaleta, my friend fought him, he was always a dirty prick). Shoot me a PM.

My biggest names were Crosby at (at 11, 13, 15), Jack Johnson (15), Parise (18).

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Seriously? I played against Kane with West Seneca too (and Pat Kaleta, my friend fought him, he was always a dirty prick). Shoot me a PM.

My biggest names were Crosby at (at 11, 13, 15), Jack Johnson (15), Parise (18).

I could imagine Patrick Kane being a prick, I've heard plenty of stories from friends/girls of how he acts at bars downtown.

V

vdawg

not many nhl'ers that come from this area. claude giroux who plays for the flyers is from the town over an hour away. big bert is from sudbury. steve sullivan is from timmins i believe. cheechoo went to highschool here and played for the AA team. hes a former maurice richard winner. just a few years older than me but remember him from school

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could imagine Patrick Kane being a prick, I've heard plenty of stories from friends/girls of how he acts at bars downtown.

Or in taxi cabs?

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or in taxi cabs?

Got that right. Patrick Kane is awesome at hockey, which provides lots of entertainment for me, but as a person, I don't have respect for him after that incident.

One of my buddy's sister parties downtown a lot (she is fine as hell) and she has told us that Kane has gone up to her friends and says things like "Hey, I live in Trump Towers, you should come over." or "Hey, I'm Patrick Kane, come in the bathroom with me." Which I guess would be expected from a 21 year old who is famous and has money.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i personally think fighting in the nhl is FUCKING RETARDED! could you imagine a fight breaking out at the end of every football play without ejections and suspensions and fines, same with the nba and mlb but in hockey its encouraged and only a 5 minute penalty. everyone says that fighting is a part of the game....THE GAME STOPS WHEN A FIGHT BREAKS OUT!!!! that is the exact definition of not part of the game! and if its part of the game, where do all these fights go in the playoffs? when the games really matter? all those bum "tough guys" are on the bench and the real hockey players are on the ice because the games matter and there is no need for fighting....if i want to watch a fight ill watch the ufc or boxing, when i watch hockey i want to see crosby, ovechkin and malkin, not these bums that get 2 minutes of ice time and 2 fights....now alot of people will say that fighting is the only reason worth watching hockey, they are not hockey fans

V

vdawg

hockey is the best sport ever.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Got that right. Patrick Kane is awesome at hockey, which provides lots of entertainment for me, but as a person, I don't have respect for him after that incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vdawg

damn crazy day in the nhl today hahahaha.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
NHL 2010 Trades so far:
Toronto Acquires
G Jean-Sebastien Giguere
Anaheim Acquires
G Vesa Toskala F Jason Blake

Toronto Acquires
D Dion Phaneuf
D Keith Aulie
F Fredrik Sjostrom
Calgary Acquires
D Ian White
F Matt Stajan
F Nick Hagman
F Jamal Mayers

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sources tell TSN the New York Rangers and Calgary Flames are expected to announce a trade tonight that will send Calgary centre Olli Jokinen and forward Brandon Prust to the Rangers in exchange for forwards Ales Kotalik and Christopher Higgins.

TSN.ca

V

vdawg

kotalik doesnt want to go to calgary, hes being a whiny bitch

R

RIP

Good job Oloz, hockey is a great game and a great way to burn alot of calories. Hockey players are some of the best athletes in sports. But keep in mind 16in softball is the Chicago way.