• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Boxing Thread

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Anyone seen any of the fights recently?
I can't find any fights anywhere online to watch can someone help me out?
The fight i want to watch right now is the Luevano v Lopez, can someone help me find that?

It sounded like a pretty good fight, not too surprised about the outcome.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i would have loved to see pacquiao v. mayweather, but ill settle for pacquiao v. clottey on march 13th

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mayweather v. shane mosley on may 1st!

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
im pretty pumped about both of those fights too, could see an upset in either one (although i think its unlikely).

maybe after these fights we might get to see pac v floyd.

thedon

thedon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i thought the whole drug testing thing and the fights on fights off last month was just to build hype for the fight, but pacquiao really doesnt want to give in to mayweathers demands, i dont think it will ever happen

smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The shane vs berto fight was canceled today. Berto is a Haiti native so he had to take care of business

JasonNorin

JasonNorin

Anyone of you still interested on the Mega-fight this coming May 2? In my opinion, this fight is long overdue but is still worth watching. It's time for both boxers to settle the score. Being the richest fight in boxing history, both men should better make the fight worth it. Too bad that now, only high rollers can see the fight in person. They did a good job in promoting the fight for almost 5 years. Yes, the 5-year negotiation is more like a 5-year promotion for me.

As far as the fight is concerned, the only way for Manny to win is to do it via knock out. If he fails to do so, then most probably the judges will go with Floyd. As this is a very important match for both fighters and probably for the whole boxing world and the most anticipated one for that matter, the judges should be taken out totally. In order to do so, either of the boxers should win via knock out. They need to make the fight totally worth it. Because there would be a lot of room for doubt if the fight will end up in the judges' score cards. I just hope Floyd will engage Manny in their fight. This is no ordinary fight so I hope Floyd will step out of his comfort zone. Manny on the other hand says being an underdog makes him feel more motivated to win.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

superbobby

Lets discuss Cotto vs Geale this coming June 6. I think Cotto is going to win this comfortably.

T

Tommy

Nay man , all we got now is that freak klitsco ruining the heaveyweight devision, thank christ his brother retired. I wish we could go back to the old days with iron mike laying bitch's out.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am itching for the next fight of Gennady Golovkin versus Daniel Jacobs in March 2017. It was supposed to be a chance of Canelo Alvarez to fight Golovkin but Alvarez got injured in his last fight with Liam Smith that Alvarez had won. Golovkin is a knockout artist with 36 wins and 33 knockouts with 3 fights ending in decision. He is undefeated and poised to remain undefeated until he retires.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
P

pwarbi

For me Golovkin is probably the best fighter on the planet at the moment, and while that might be easy to say when you look at his record, I'm also talking about how he fights also. A lot of fighters that have impressive records will still have a weak point that they may be vulnerable to, but with triple G he really is the complete fighter.

Some say that his defence isn't great, but he's been hit flush on the chin by some of the biggest punchers around and he's not even flinched so maybe if your chin is that strong, you don't have to work on your defence that much anyway.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with @pwarbi that Golovkin's defensive stance is not a good shield. That was proven in his last fight where the undefeated challenger had inflicted huge damage on the champion. But in fairness to Golovkin, he was able to recover quickly and got some good punches on the head of Kell Brook. With the damage sustained by Brook, his corner threw the towel for a tko in favor of Gennady Golovkin. With the 36 wins of Golovkin, his experience is too difficult to match.

P

pwarbi

Being from the UK myself, I've seen a lot of the Brook fights and while I'm not saying that he is a bad fighter, that was a definite mis-match in my opinion and he was there for the pay day. Watching the fight you can say that Brook put in a decent performance, but I don't think that the outcome was ever in doubt, and the even the corner knew that and that's why the towel was thrown in.

There's no point in your boxer taking damage if you don't think there's a chance that he will win, and even though up to that point he had fought well, the verdict after 12 rounds would have been a unanimous victory for Golovkin so they did do the right thing I think.