• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Apple Tablet - The i-pad

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Apple unveiled it today. You can read the story on it from engadget HERE

Basically it is an oversized I-phone. It will not display HD video, you cannot multi-task, it doesn't support flash or divx video. It comes with the same amount of storage space as the i-phones. A complete miss for the apple team.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sorry for this but

i know call this the iFail

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can do much more with a etcha sketch man.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why the hell would they release this piece of shit?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This doesn't seem like they intend it to replace their laptops and be an "all purpose" computer. Not a bad deal for $500.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
its a net appliance. Its not a net book but a little less than that. You can check you email, surf the web, watch videos/photos, listen to music. Its not bad for the price and depending on what you will use it for. I personally wouldn't have a use for it but I do see people buying them. Not as much as an Iphone since having a cell phone is almost most required now adays but this will fit against kindles, net appliances, and even some netbook sales.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
tgFH4-1.jpg

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you cant multitask with it....

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is not a competition for a kindle. A kindle does not use a backlit screen, and therefore is much easier on the eyes.

This is nothing but an iPhone on steroids. You can browse the web properly with no flash support. With no media card slots you can really browse your own picture card slots.

All they have done is take an iPhone and take the pocket size convenience out of it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is not a competition for a kindle. A kindle does not use a backlit screen, and therefore is much easier on the eyes.

This is nothing but an iPhone on steroids. You can browse the web properly with no flash support. With no media card slots you can really browse your own picture card slots.

All they have done is take an iPhone and take the pocket size convenience out of it.

And they took out the ability to place phone calls and SMS also. :omgwtf:

I have to say though I have heard nothing but great things about reading an Ebook on it. I would have to say its competition for kindles.

warpig

warpig

glorified itouch, nothing more

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good posts all around.. I do have a tablet though (Lenovo X200), and I like mine very much. Too bad Apple didn't come out with a Tablet which could be a stand-alone laptop as well.

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have to say though I have heard nothing but great things about reading an Ebook on it. I would have to say its competition for kindles.

Have you ever read on a kindle? Its awesome, the lack of a backlit LCD makes it so easy on the eyes. It is literally just like reading a paper book. I have read novels on a pc before and there is always eye strain involved. Hopefully the iPad can do it well, as it is its only remaining feature.

IS, I too wish they had made it a more powerful stand alone laptop unit. But alas, it doesn't even have a handwriting pen or a notepad program to scribble diagrams or whatever down on. If they had made a stylus to go with it, and a good note taking program they could have cornered the student market on classroom tablets with the size and price point of it. Perhaps they are saving actual innovation for the later generations, but this one is a dud.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS, I too wish they had made it a more powerful stand alone laptop unit. But alas, it doesn't even have a handwriting pen or a notepad program to scribble diagrams or whatever down on. If they had made a stylus to go with it, and a good note taking program they could have cornered the student market on classroom tablets with the size and price point of it. Perhaps they are saving actual innovation for the later generations, but this one is a dud.

Oh wow, they left the whole digital pen writing capability out of it? That sure changes things. I would have figured it would have had that at least so students could use it in classes (Windows Journal on my Lenovo is awesome). Bad move indeed.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh wow, they left the whole digital pen writing capability out of it? That sure changes things. I would have figured it would have had that at least so students could use it in classes (Windows Journal on my Lenovo is awesome). Bad move indeed.

I think that is why they when the IPAD name instead of ITablet, since there is no real tablet functions to it. You guys have to remember that the money in ebooks is real big too and that is what Apple is gunning for also. They will get 30% for each sale from the last thing I read on that. That is pretty much the easiest 30% ever since they already have the store setup. (Itunes)

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I think that is why they when the IPAD name instead of ITablet, since there is no real tablet functions to it. You guys have to remember that the money in ebooks is real big too and that is what Apple is gunning for also. They will get 30% for each sale from the last thing I read on that. That is pretty much the easiest 30% ever since they already have the store setup. (Itunes)

As stated before e-ink and backlit LCDs are on different leagues for that, so this iPAD thing is the worst of both worlds (smartphones and netbooks).

R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As stated before e-ink and backlit LCDs are on different leagues for that, so this iPAD thing is the worst of both worlds (smartphones and netbooks).

Agreed, and you will have to buy all the apps you have for your iphone all over again. This is apple attempting to get more traffic for iTunes. This push for microtransactions while profitable in the short term could damn apple in the long term.

With no stylus for handwriting this thing is a piece of crap.

The Kindle out performs this as a reader by leaps and bounds. This is by far the biggest mistake apple has made in recent history.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Agreed, and you will have to buy all the apps you have for your iphone all over again. This is apple attempting to get more traffic for iTunes. This push for microtransactions while profitable in the short term could damn apple in the long term.

With no stylus for handwriting this thing is a piece of crap.

The Kindle out performs this as a reader by leaps and bounds. This is by far the biggest mistake apple has made in recent history.

You have to buy the apps all over again? I thought they stated you can use your apps with this

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i dont see the purpose of leaving it with no cover to the screen/touchpad. I can see the screens getting scratched and full of grease and coffee stains after 2 months. A lot of you are saying that its Fail... its not that lame but it does not totally live up to the hype it got. Its for people who find a use in netbooks... either way, i wouldnt buy this. How the fuck did the fuck can Steve say they combined a phone and a computer? can you imagine holding that big ass cutting board to your ear? LOL but obviously you will need a headset. I really hope the hardware is top of the line but i cant see it having too much horse power as it may overheat easily...

Half-Fail.. but we'll see what happens in the future

Its good to see the Apple nuthugging elitest get taken down a peg.