• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

body vibration machine

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

41HZ2BNlUbL-1.jpg

41WrqZvCeSL-1.jpg

im thinking to get one like this!

does it really tone the body and relax muscles?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Helps to prevent DOMS in untrained persons only. Really not very beneficial to the trained individual. I use it from time to time with my very detrained clients and those with diabetes to help improve circulation.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Remind me of these things.

vibratingbeltmachine-1.jpg

:keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
There has been some work done on resistance training using these, but I believe the vibration pulse rate has to be alligned with the type of muscle contration (speed of movement and area of body, not sure off the top of my head). Largely I think they are a waste of time.

Creator is spot on with the best people to use it on. People with nerve issues apparently get a bit out of them too.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
i bought one for my ex girlfriend who had partial paraylsis in her left leg. She did notice an increase in strength in her bad leg. I also used it a bit doing issometric training on it. I almost find it too painful to use. Putting it on a highlevel the circulation gets so intense it sends a real itchy sensation to the muscle your targeting.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
These machines always make me think of the Benny Banassi video clip:

Last edited by a moderator:
Justwonderin

Justwonderin

i tried to find one of those old black and white pictures of the stomach shaking machines they used to keep in health clubs w/ the belt that went around. You would always see the black and white pic or video of some fat guy just standing there getting his big ol stomach shook and he's got the towel around his shoulders like he's really working out.
anyways, not that funny now that i think about it

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hot off the presses:

Effects of Vibration Training on Muscle Strength: A Meta-Analysis

Marín, Pedro J; Rhea, Matthew R

The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research. 24(2):548-556, February 2010.

The purpose of this meta-analysis was to attempt to gain a clear picture of the magnitude of strength improvements expected after acute and chronic vibration training and to identify specific factors that influence the treatment effects. Studies employing a strength training intervention and containing data necessary to calculate effect size (ES) were included in the analysis. A total of 31 studies met the inclusion criterion. Analysis of ES demonstrated that the type of vibration platform employed is a moderator of the treatment effect of vibration on strength development. Differences were noted in both acute and chronic changes in muscle strength when vertical vibration platforms are compared with oscillating platforms. Vertical platforms elicit a significantly larger treatment effect for chronic adaptations (ES = 1.24) compared with oscillating platforms (ES = -0.13). However, oscillating platforms elicit a greater treatment effect for acute effects (ES = 0.24) compared with vertical platforms (ES = -0.07). The data also show that gender, training status, and exercise protocol are moderators of the response to vibration exercise for strength development (vertical platforms). Based on the overall analysis, it is apparent that vibration exercise can be effective at eliciting chronic muscle strength adaptations. The vibration exercise can be used by exercise professionals to enhance muscular strength.