• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bro's VS Pro's Battle of the Bench

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just finished watching it, good watch,lots of strong guys there, what are yalls thoughts about the "half rep" controversy?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
there were only like 4 guys that did full reps and they became half reps eventually... They shouldve been more strict about the full reps. I feel really bad for the injury. Ben was HUGE.

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel like a weakling :( So many average joes repping out 315 like warm up.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
It would've been more interesting if they did full reps like the first guy who did 12 full ROM reps imo.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
yeah, but the complainer dude with the grey tshirt did decent reps also.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
great feature by Rxmuscle!

Ben is the man! LOL

that guy that came with Ben.. pretty strong dude... 405 x 7 reps..

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ who cares. everyone else except for a few guys had mediocre to bad form

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Interesting video......I wouldn't say anyone performed bad reps but really they are the ones who need to clarify the rules in the beginning....at first they say must be locked out full reps and then right afterwards he says they will count reps that are close to locked out........

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That tall guy with long arms was right to complain. Then even Ben admitted that it was half reps.

Although I've done both styles for reps and not noticed much difference. Depends on where in the movement you are weak. For most it is the lockout, in which case you can't have half reps, but a lot are weak off the chest and so don't touch or bounce it.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great vid. It's a shame to get injured...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Yea, cheating/bad form is okay to me... :borat:

I like how you cut out the rest of the quote. If locking out wasnt important why would your ass be?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^ who cares. everyone else except for a few guys had mediocre to bad form

Its a competition for money. The parameters they set were to touch the chest and lock out... guys that didn't lock out or touch chest shouldn't be credited with those reps.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Its a competition for money. The parameters they set were to touch the chest and lock out... guys that didn't lock out or touch chest shouldn't be credited with those reps.

Yet they were, so whats to stopping them from having their ass feet in the air? it was semantics by this point because, as you said, they shouldnt be credited with those reps in the first place.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Yet they were, so whats to stopping them from having their ass feet in the air? it was semantics by this point because, as you said, they shouldnt be credited with those reps in the first place.

They said nothing about arse and feet in the air. It being bad form is irrelevant... they didn't say it was not allowed.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Maurice's pec tear

2litzzd-1.jpg