• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Roy Callender

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here we go. I was talking to an old man at the gym today. And we were talking about the early days of bodybuilding like Steve Reeves, Bill Pearl, Reg Park, etc. And he went on saying that there was this bodybuilder back in his day called Roy Callender. He used to watch him train here at some gym in Montreal when he was young and competing! I haven't even heard of the guy, but he won the Mr. Canada title, and got up to third place in the Olympia so I had to track him down. Check it out...

This is a posing routine from the 1984 Mr. Olympia:

Picture compilation of his career:

Check this picture out, he's right next to Platz himself (always had a good presence on stage). Fucking sweet picture this:
rc46-1.jpg

So that's it! He's a trainer at a Golds Gym ten minutes away from my house. Would love to meet this guy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Well what you waiting for man, get off your arse from that console :cool: and go and see him. Get some advice etc.

Dudes got a funny looking chest.