• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Donating blood

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just curious. Let's say I wanted to donate some blood. Would it have negative or positive effect on my system?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Negative.

Takes awhile to recover from it. But on the plus side there is an overcompensation period.

Still not a reason not donate, you might be saving someone's life. Personally I don't like needles so I've always baulked at donating ever since a nurse decided that she needed to go straight through the vein and into the elbow joint with the needle.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Damn I had a shedload of blood taken from me this year for some dudes work at uni :(

I thought i felt a bit weird.

JoaoT

JoaoT

I'm a donor.

I don't see things in that point of view (if it have negative or positive sides). For those who don't have problems with needles or something like that they should donate blood. I would like to receive if some day it was necesary. It's a moral question.

Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its good if you use certain types of gear... lowers iron levels and other sides you can get from intense gear use....At least that is what I have heard/ seen results from other members of different boards.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've never donated blood because I am really scared of loosing my blood.whenever I have a cut or something I really feel dizzy and feel bad for loosing my blood.So I don't think am going to donate my blood soon.