• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Which Creatine should i BUY?!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I been getting BSN cellmass for years and im gonna start taking supplements again but i want to try something different, what do you guys reccomend? what is the best bang for your buck creatine?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The one that is straight creatine mono and the cheapest.

I have used ON creatine, but there was another that caught my eye, similar price and it was pharmaceutical grade mono. Do a search.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Ive been thinking about ON. What difference would pharmaceutical grade be?

bangbang

bangbang

Good old creatine monohydrate seems to work the best imo.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
the cheapest mono you can find.

I use dymatize.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I use EAS phosphagen. Got it for a good price and have no complaints.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Find a local website that just sells plain bulk creatine mono

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I need some advice.

When you take creatine, will it dehydrate you if you dont drink a substantial ammount of water?

Or does is help retain water?

How long until it takes to get on full effect?

Im lost because i thought creatine helped volumize your muscle cells and helped retain water in the muscles. But ive also heard that it dehydrates you... does it dehydrate you? i am pretty lost.

I was having a conversation with a friend who wanted me to order creatine for her aswell but she changed her mind because she doesnt want to get dehydrated.... but i thought creatine helped retain water :dunnodude:. we then got into a lil arguement about it but it really got me thinking. There are some guys here who are pretty smart about these things, can you help?

EDIT: I just read an article that is pretty much what i have always thought about creatine and that the study shows no negative response in hydration.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr36.htm

I would still like to hear your thoughts on the subject.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Shouldn't dehydrate you. But then again the data they are referring to (in terms of creatine can dehydrate you) is for distance athletes that were sweating a lot. The rehydration was performed and creatine "preferentially" shuttles itself and water into the muscles. As such the water loss was not effectively replaced in all tissues(from memory). But of course creatine is not biased by muscle cells, so body dehydration wouldn't be an issue for you.

Hope I'm making sense here. Basically don't worry about it. Cramping and carperl tunnel are some of the only real side effects.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think I'll go for ON creatine as well. I've been using Size On for a while now after my workouts but I honestly don't know if it's making a big difference.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
pingu

pingu

The body needs water for several things, and when you use creatine, it "steals" some of the water that was going to other things then the muscles. But no worries, just drink enough water and you will be fine.

I recomend the regulare monohydrat, find the cheapest..
Its the only thing that actually documentated that it works..

Take 5 grams every day, + 5g extra after training the days you train.
Dont bother doing the thing that stands on the box (5x5g the first week or so) thats just a waste....

The thing i notice with creatine is that i can maybe push a rep or two extra on high rep sets.. And it makes running etc easier...
After a couple of days on it, my body weighs acutally 1-2kgs more.. (water retainment) .

S

SolidSa

ON's Micronized Creatine is much better compared to others I tried. It's easily mixed when you shake and gives you great energy when you workout. Good for bulking and strength gain. And is worth every cent you spend on them.

S

Steelbody

You can buy any creatine mono hydrate. Most of them are the same. Buy a decent company that provides a good offer.