• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Winner of AC '10 strongman comp!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Arnold Strongman Classic, which annually features the world’s top strongman professionals in a two-day competition to determine the world’s strongest man, will feature two past champions in the same contest for the first in 2010.

2009 Arnold Strongman Classic champion Derek Poundstone of Waterbury, Conn., will return to defend his title, and this time he will have to face six-time ASC champ Zydrunas Savickas of Lithuania.

The mighty Savickas returns to the Arnold after a one-year hiatus after winning six straight titles between 2003 and 2008. He won the 2009 World’s Strongest Man and is considered by many to be the greatest strongman of all time.

The 2010 Arnold Strongman Classic will feature five events – Timber Carry, Manhood Stones, Apollon’s Wheel, Tire Deadlift and Circus Bell – that are designed to test sheer brute strength.

The field of 10 for the 2010 Arnold Strongman Classic includes:

-Nick Best of Las Vegas -- Earned spot in 2010 Arnold Classic with with at Gaspari All-American Strongman in Los Angeles on Jan. 24

-Kostiantyn Ilin of Ukraine -- Winner of Strongman of Ukraine 2009 and competitor in 2009 World's Strongest Man

-Mikhail "Misha" Koklyaev of Russia -- Strongman and weightlifting legend who finished second in 2009 Arnold Strongman Classic

-Travis Ortmayer of Cypress, Texas -- past winner of WSM Super Series contest

-Dave Ostlund of Minnesota -- Finished third in 2008 World's Strongest Man

-Phil Pfister of Charleston, W.Va. -- Winner of 2006 World's Strongest Man

-Derek Poundstone of Waterbury, Conn. -- Winner of the 2009 Arnold Strongman Classic, runner-up in the 2008 World's Strongest Man and winner of America's Strongest Man in 2007 and 2009

-Zydrunas Savickas of Lithuania -- Arnold Strongman Classic champion from 2003 through 2008 before not participating in 2009

-Brian Siders of Virginia Beach, Va. -- former International Powerlifting Federation superheavy class champion

-Brian Shaw of Fort Lupton, Colo. -- Winner of 2009 WSM Super Series

-Mark Felix of England, who finished second in the All-American Strongman, will be the first alternate for the Arnold Strongman Classic.

-An open invitation has also been sent to Mariusz Pudzianowski of Poland, a five-time World's Strongest Man champion who also recently won his debut as a MMA fighter. The multi-talented Pudzianowksi also won Poland's version of Dancing With The Stars.

I predict Poundstone winning this! My darkhorse pick is Brian Shaw!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Don't know too much about the strongman, but I've seen on Eurosport a few times that lithuanian guy Zydrunas, and the russian Koklyaev and they were pretty impressive!

Also in the mix will be POundstone, and that's all I think hehe.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man, your post is almost unreadable but thanx 4 your effort.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ i fixed!! now make your predictions!:deadhorse:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the Arnold Classic strongman comp tends to have events that favour raw power over technique and agility. and when it comes to raw power very few can match Big Z, Zydrunas Savickas. and he is the reigning world strongest man.

so i think:

1. Zydrunas Savickas
2. Derek Poundstone
3. i hope Mikhail Koklyaev - he's my favorite competitor in this lineup.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
the Arnold Classic strongman comp tends to have events that favour raw power over technique and agility. and when it comes to raw power very few can match Big Z, Zydrunas Savickas. and he is the reigning world strongest man.

so i think:

1. Zydrunas Savickas
2. Derek Poundstone
3. i hope Mikhail Koklyaev - he's my favorite competitor in this lineup.

Judging by IH's predictions, mine is not that bad for a newb haha!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No strongman fans here in MM? Freako, Tim, Skippy??Fahad at leasT?!

Deity

Deity

1. Derek Poundstone
2. Mikhail Koklyaev
3. Savickas

This is what I hope for, even though it might be slighty unrealistic

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
1. Zydrunas Savickas
2. Derek Poundstone
3. Theres a couple guys who could slip into this position.

shadeagain

shadeagain

1.BIG Z for sure

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
derek or that huge man/monster Zydrunas

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Brians Shaw is a beast!! he could take it!! tallest guy in the show!!

C

Comin_Up

I think big Z will win, then pound stone or Mikhail Koklyaev they will be second and third. Koklyaev is the future tho, he base lifts are so picture perfect and he just has pure power. He is like a man child if ya ask me ha

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No doubt my country man Zydrunas will take it! He's going for some new world records this year!!!