• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dexter jackson... times up?

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3rd at the olympia
4th at the ASC

what do you guys reckon?
will he recover and gain his top placings again or is his time up

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
He won't get any higher placings without making gains and modifying his physique. All the guys he is competing against make huge gains every year, it will be very hard for him to keep up.

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you put Jay and Victor in the mix he could finish out of top 5 at the Mr.O

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I called this in one of the ASC threads.

He is being punished for not improving and bringing the same package. Yep he is smaller than other guys on stage, but his package is very very complete. The fact he hasn't added any noticeable mass, and that guys like Phil and Kai are just leaping ahead with each appearance is counting against him.

In fairness Dex doesn't really need to do anything other than get conditioned. If he tries to add mass he may lose his lines and he isn't really going to hold as much mass as the bigger framed guys around him.

So yep, he could be falling out of favour through no real fault of his own. He comes in looking complete (aside from calves) and conditioned yet placing lower and lower since his Mr O victory.

P

Pain

VIP
Dexter only seems to get good placings when others are slightly off from their best.

He always comes in shape for every contest.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter only seems to get good placings when others are slightly off from their best.

He always comes in shape for every contest.

Yes I don't get that either. He is almost perfect but still that's not enough.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I dont think its fair to punish dexter for not transforming, he is consistent. You can count on him to be On all the time, an OFF dexter is still one of the best conditioned athletes.

That being said, he can still clean up shop at the smaller shows.

There is no room for him within 3 years.

Cedric, Curry, Seth Feroce, Winklaar, Centopani, and a ton of other guys are coming up in full force. Along with Phil and Kai being at the top there will be little room at the mountain top.

P

Pain

VIP
I think the judges just overlook him sometimes. They probably know by now what to expect from Dexter and what he will bring to the show. I would think their attention would be on guys that are able to make changes to the way they look at every contest.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
The days of the ninja turtle are gone.. :tear:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That proves that in BB also counts your past shows' performances.... oh, which is an act of injustice...

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Mike33

Mike33

I agree with some people that he needs to improve maybe a little. Ok, his in great shape every time but is always the same. Like some of you say, he needs something "more".
Because when Jay, Phil, Kai and Vic is on, they out muscle him I think.....

kingdavid1

kingdavid1

Dexter will regain his winning ways

Taking nothing from the other guys, Like Kai and Phil. They have made tremendous gains and I applaud their placings. But if you look at Dexter Jackson's physique, where the heck can he put any more mass. He looks great all the time and he is the most consistent athlete in the IFBB. And to count him out from two shows that he cold have one them both is ridiculous. People are funny, if you don't win they immediately sign off. Go Dexter, keep your head up and regain your titles. And Phil Heath will be dangerous if he comes to the Olympia looking like that or better.

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dexter's out muscled. Sure he always looks in top condition but he needs to put slabs of muscle on that frame! This is pro bodybuilding, home of the big boys. And it doesn't help as Tim said when some of the other competitors are making noticeable gains. Just look at Kai and Phil for example. Even Branch last year at the Olympia he really shocked everyone. I have to admit though I did feel kind of sad seeing him get 4th place man.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Meh, he only won the Olympia when Jay was kinda off and arguably could have lost to Phil. His "perfection" is far overstated imo- his arms and lats are different sizes, he lacks calves, and his legs always look soft from the front (genetic). He also just isn't big enough to compete with some of the other top guys. With the competition getting tougher every year and his lack of improvements, I'd say that Dex will retire within a few years. I think he's getting up there in age anyway...

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
he was off his usual form, that's all

Mike33

Mike33

Taking nothing from the other guys, Like Kai and Phil. They have made tremendous gains and I applaud their placings. But if you look at Dexter Jackson's physique, where the heck can he put any more mass. He looks great all the time and he is the most consistent athlete in the IFBB. And to count him out from two shows that he cold have one them both is ridiculous. People are funny, if you don't win they immediately sign off. Go Dexter, keep your head up and regain your titles. And Phil Heath will be dangerous if he comes to the Olympia looking like that or better.

You are right in a way, agree little with you. Dexter looks great all the time, but I think he looked just a little better a Olympia 2009! And maybe that's why he placed 4 place.
And maybe because he can't make anymore gains, I don't know. It's a hard sport du be a judge in. I admire every pro bodybuilder, because I know that it takes so much hard work.... And I read about Dexters struggle back when he just started his career!
So like you say, "Dexter, keep your head up".
Intresting to see what he will do from now on :)

Savjav

Savjav

seriously i have seen others post about branchs gains and how he looks!! but he still looks the same as the O, and yet he still does not improve, and still stays at the top tier and dex falls futher down the ranks even tho he comes in shredded every time.i have no idea what happened to the judging over the last year..... :(

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely retire, his body is not going to get any better at this point, or another option is to take a whole year off and access his future and think about re-gaining his O title once again, which I find to be impossible.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Those breaks doesn't work... anyway, Dex is in his 40s, he can't get better now.... at least not much better.