• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet: Help Needed

Mach

Mach

Hey guys...
Haven't posted on here for a while. Basically I'm trying to lose my gut, but it's extremely difficult for me. I'm 6"1 239LBS. Not sure what my BF% is. Trying to get down to 215. I started my Diet on Jan 1st and I was 251LBS.

I work out 5 Day a week. Cardio 3 Day a week, hour each session.

Typical daily meal looks like this:

Breakfast:
250ml Egg whites, 1 whole egg, 4 pieces of whole wheat bread

Lunch:
1/4 plate of chicken, 1/4 plate of rice, 1/2 plate of salad with light dressing.

Dinner:

Basically the same thing as lunch

I drink easily over 3L of water a day
Protein intake is around 200G per day
I would say my calorie intake is around 1500
twice a day I take: Multi-Vitamins/Vitamins E/Vitamins C
Once in the morning I take B12

In between my breakfast/lunch/dinner I have vegetables and fruits.
I only have 1 shake per day and that is immediately after my workout.
My cheat day is every Sunday and for the most part I eat whatever I want.

Let me know if you guys need more info.

Thanks.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right off the bat stop having a cheat day. It has been my experience that that will slow your results drastically depending on the type of metabolism you possess. Change your cardiovascular exercise to weight resistance cardiovascular exercise. Get on the elliptical and turn the resistance up to 20 or how ever high it goes and grind out the hour session. Possibly add a fourth day of cardiovascular exercise as well. See what these three changes do for you and give us an update in three weeks.

Mach

Mach

Right off the bat stop having a cheat day. It has been my experience that that will slow your results drastically depending on the type of metabolism you possess. Change your cardiovascular exercise to weight resistance cardiovascular exercise. Get on the elliptical and turn the resistance up to 20 or how ever high it goes and grind out the hour session. Possibly add a fourth day of cardiovascular exercise as well. See what these three changes do for you and give us an update in three weeks.

My metabolism is very slow to start with. For cardio, 3 Days a week I do the Eliptical and play hockey one day a week at the least.

Alright, so no more cheat day. I can do that. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No cheat day.
Increase resistance on elliptical
Add one more day of cardiovascular exercise

You do not have to do all 3 at once honestly. Make one change at time and see where it takes you. But those are the next 3 moves I would make.

Mach

Mach

Will do.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right off the bat:

How many calories is that?
How many calories do you actually need to weight 215??
Have you heard of foods other than chicken?

I partially agree with Ben. Cheat days/meals have a role in compliance and in competition diets. This sounds like the situation that doesn't warrant a cheat day.

Mach

Mach

Right off the bat:

How many calories is that?
How many calories do you actually need to weight 215??
Have you heard of foods other than chicken?

I partially agree with Ben. Cheat days/meals have a role in compliance and in competition diets. This sounds like the situation that doesn't warrant a cheat day.

Yea, I have. However, for me it's the one thing that's always around my house.

I'm just saying 215LBS because I'm guessing that's what I need to weight. It may be 220 more or less.

Your question Tim about "How many calories do you actually need to weight 215??"

Pound is 3500 Calories, so if I'm 239 and I want to be around 215. That's 84,000 Calories, but I'm sure you already know that.

Thanks.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea, I have. However, for me it's the one thing that's always around my house.

I'm just saying 215LBS because I'm guessing that's what I need to weight. It may be 220 more or less.

Your question Tim about "How many calories do you actually need to weight 215??"

Pound is 3500 Calories, so if I'm 239 and I want to be around 215. That's 84,000 Calories, but I'm sure you already know that.

Thanks.

You have largely missed the points I was making.

You have made a diet that is boring (chicken gets hard to eat that regularly). You have also not worked out (or presented, one of the two) what the actual calorie content of the diet is, nor what sort of daily calorie content you need so that you can figure out whether you will actually be losing weight with your planned diet.

I also haven't touched on some other issues, but really you need to know how appropriate this diet is.

Mach

Mach

You have largely missed the points I was making.

You have made a diet that is boring (chicken gets hard to eat that regularly). You have also not worked out (or presented, one of the two) what the actual calorie content of the diet is, nor what sort of daily calorie content you need so that you can figure out whether you will actually be losing weight with your planned diet.

I also haven't touched on some other issues, but really you need to know how appropriate this diet is.

Not really sure what you're asking. Also, for me chicken never gets boring.

Are you asking me how much calories I"m intending to intake per day?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not really sure what you're asking. Also, for me chicken never gets boring.

Are you asking me how much calories I"m intending to intake per day?

No, not how much you "intend" to intake, how much you "actually" intake, there's a difference :music:

I also agree on the cheat "day". Frankly, when you're on a diet having one cheat meal is very helpful as it is almost like a finish line for the week, and it can keep you on track the rest of the week. I'd suggest this meal ideally be high carbohydrate and low fat, physiologically, for metabolic benefit.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tim is saying that you need to figure out how many calories you need to keep your weight constant, and then make sure you're eating less than that. :thumbsup2:

Mach

Mach

Ok, fair enough. Now how am I suppose to figure that out if I'm having this problem to begin with? If I knew that I wouldn't be posting this question up now would I? Not trying to sound like a smartass, but once again Tim puts in his input that benefits noone. In my opinion at least.

Thanks anyways.

Palmetto

Palmetto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mach...ok, first off, start by seeing how many cals you need to lose weight. Here is a chart that I use https://musclemecca.com/showthread.php?t=499. Then once you find out how many cals you need in order to lose weight, then you just get all of your food that you plan on eating in your diet and then you have to sit down and figure out how to divide all that food to get your daily needs. That chart has an intake total per meal. If you get each meal close to what it is supposed to be, then it is fairly easy to get the macs you need per day. Just tweak a 1/4 cup here or there. Just little things like that. Hope this helps.

Mach

Mach

Hey,

That does help a lot, thank for your input!! Great link as well.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am also struggling with my bellyfat.I am slim but I have some belly fat and whenever I try exercising I get more thin but my belly is still there.I don't easily eat a lot of fast food and calories.