• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Sleep and weight loss.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am now doing a radio show every Thursday morning locally and it has been a great success so far. I am on every thursday morning at 8:30am mountain standard time and you can chime in on wild101fm.com.

Tomorrow I am discussing how sleep and weight loss are correlated. More importantly, how important a good nights sleep is for those looking to lose weight. What I am asking for is any SCIENTIFIC information that would help me out for the morning???? Any help is appreciated fellas as I like to gather as much information as I can to put on the best show possible. Thanks in advance.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't done much reading on this. I know that brain chemicals become impacted and that changes hormonal profiles. Key word searches from there may help.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So are you saying that hormone levels such as cortisol go up when sleep is deprived and good hormones such as balances testosterone and estrogen go down?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I'm saying I know changes occur due to seratonin levels and their influence on stuff like cortisol and T. But that's about as much as I remember.

The optimal sleep times work and some of the sleep clinic stuff on insomniacs may give you a good overview. There is bound to be a review paper on that research.

R

remnant

Banned
There is a correlation between sleep or lack of it and weight loss.
Research indicates that more sleep reduces the effects of ones genetic
map on the Basal Metabolic Index (BMI). This means that a sleep cycle
which consists of 7 to 8 hours is sufficient for optimal performance
in terms of weight loss. Of course, this should not discount other
factors that precipitate weight gain like poor diet.

fitnessmara

fitnessmara

I know that a good night sleep is essential, not for fitness and bodybuilding alone - but to find a way to gym itself. If you don't sleep, you simply can't function normally.
But, I have one question. What about the people who don't sleep by nature or sleep very little? Does this apply?