• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Eat Shit, Tom Hanks

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tom Hanks can go fuck himself. Has anyone seen his outrageous comments about WWII? They have came out recently as the launch of HBO's new mini-series, "The Pacific," nears.

Here are some of the quotes:

“Back in World War II,” he says, “we viewed the Japanese as ‘yellow, slant-eyed dogs’ that believed in different gods. They were out to kill us because our way of living was different. We, in turn, wanted to annihilate them because they were different. Does that sound familiar, by any chance, to what’s going on today?”

“But we also wanted to have people say, ‘We didn’t know our troops did that to Japanese people.’

I'll never watch anyone produced, or starring this cock sucker ever again. I was excited to watch The Pacific, since I really like Band of Brothers, but I refuse to watch this now.

Here's a link to an article where I found some of the quotes, but I mostly searched for some of these through Google, along with other videos you can see on youtube and stuff.

link: http://www.frumforum.com/tom-hanks-pacific-war-revisionism

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
... Doesnt seem that bad.

co05

co05

I wouldn't say he's so far off from the truth. I'm a full blooded Jap (haaa) and I'm not at all offended by what he said.

If you look at war time propaganda, the Japanese were vilified and depicted as evil creatures of another species. It was such a huge conflict (WWII) that it's not so shocking that the Japanese were viewed as such. I mean, shit, the Japanese paranoia grew large enough that Japanese-Americans were forcibly taken from there home and thrown into camps. His statement about the war today is a bit miscalibrated, though.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
He sounds on the money to me... and my grandfather fought the Japanese in the Pacific. Lots of bad things happen in war.

His statement about the war today is a bit miscalibrated, though.

He just said it sounds familiar, so the interpretation of this statement is pretty flexible. All wars are fought over differences so in a way he's right but I don't want to go to far into more controversial specifics.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I got out of it, is he is saying that American soldiers were too brutal to Jap soldiers. Plus, the fact that WW2 was because of racism? Give me a fucking break

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
He never said that WW2 was because of racism, he said it was full of racism on all sides and it was.

And he never said specifically that American soldiers were too brutal, but the Americans did kill thousands by dropping a couple of atomic bombs... atrocities were committed by both sides.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Based off those statements, and the others in the article, I've decided Tom Hanks needs to study more history.

Comparing the Pacific war to the war on terror? Holy shit, that's ignorant.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I've read the statements a few times now, and Im still not upset by them.

Unless they were taken out of context, I have to somewhat agree with what he was saying.

edit: I can't fuckin wait for "The Pacific".

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, The Pacific is gonna be good.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He never said that WW2 was because of racism, he said it was full of racism on all sides and it was.

And he never said specifically that American soldiers were too brutal, but the Americans did kill thousands by dropping a couple of atomic bombs... atrocities were committed by both sides.

I agree. He was giving a perspective (from his opinion) of what both sides thought of eatchother during war.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
DCuts85

DCuts85

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What I got out of it, is he is saying that American soldiers were too brutal to Jap soldiers. Plus, the fact that WW2 was because of racism? Give me a fucking break

:umwtf:

I don't get this from his statements at all...

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
oloz is english your first language? What he said was not offensive in any shape or form. lol

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I gotta go w flex here. OOlz i think you read something Tom Hanks said and subjected it to your idealism which is not what Tom Hanks meant. Not only was i not offended by what he said, I agree with him, STRONGLY!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I heard Hanks on The Daily Show last week and I think he was pretty magnanimous about the entire war in the Pacific. I don't think it was offensive, but I'm also not so blind as to see only the Allies/American's side of the war.

Main difference between the armies were the POW camps. No-one argues that, but don't think that the Japanese, German or Italians had a great time in the camps in America, Australia, etc.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't find Hanks statements offensive at all, but I still think it's more than slightly moronic to compare the pacific theatre to the "war" on terror.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ totally agreed, but im slightly offended but not much though.
things changed in that part. (not the war on terror)

fuck im tired