• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

dilatedmuscle Update.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Some pics from today. Im about 7lbs heavier then my last October post. I been neglecting my lats lately so they are a bit flat (maybe?) and i been trying to get my shoulders and upper back to catch up. Im still only working out my legs once every two weeks :/ . I had taken a 2 week break and just started up again 2 1/2 weeks ago or so. My right arm is bigger then my left by a little bit but in these pics it looks like my left arm is bigger because of the lighting lol. On monday i will start a powerlifting program and ill see how things go from there :).

0313001543a-1.jpg

0313001418-1.jpg

0313001419-1.jpg

0313001543-1.jpg

0313001545-1.jpg

0313001547-1.jpg

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why wouldn't you work legs every week?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Why wouldn't you work legs every week?

I have not been consistent at all, i workout rarely workout my back, legs, and arms. A lot of it has to do with my job, when i work a lot my legs are exausted and sore. I was working them out alright but then i hurt my inner thigh so i layed off for 2 weeks and took a break from training not too long after that.

Ill go through periods where i train them weekly but then have "dryspells" or i'll only workout a few times a week and everything gets spread out. I have not been working much lately so I tried doing legs this past week but my quads kept cramping up during warm up so i was only able to do hamstrings. Im going to be doing squats around twice a week or so with the Sheiko program that im going to try out so we'll see how it goes.

:mbgreddy: pretty much, i just gotta get my shit together and train.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
So, you don't train legs, because you're a 'PT'? Very stereotypical lol.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
So, you don't train legs, because you're a 'PT'? Very stereotypical lol.

lol no, we do a lot of plyometric squats, lunges and a lot of other body weight exercizes and sports drills on a regular basis. They can be really tough workouts and my job is to perform as well as instruct since many of the people their have a lot of stamina and i need to make sure im motivating/pushing them .We do a lot of exercizes that require leg strength and stamina and we also have a leg day, the workouts are an hour long. My legs get sore and achy on a regular basis so a hardcore leg workout in the gym is a little unappealing when they got somewhat of a workout and im not going to the gym often anyways. I know they sound like retarded excuses but its hard physically and, im not gonna lie, mentally to get in a leg workout when im working a lot.

What i do is different from what i consider a personal trainer to do since im doing the workouts aswell with the "fit camp".

So i guess technically i workout my legs very often... just not always in the gym, IMO, where it really counts. We do use dumbells, barbells and medicine balls but they are pretty light.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol no, we do a lot of plyometric squats, lunges and a lot of other body weight exercizes and sports drills on a regular basis. They can be really tough workouts and my job is to perform as well as instruct since many of the people their have a lot of stamina and i need to make sure im .We do a lot of exercizes that require leg strength and stamina and we also have a leg day, the workouts are an hour long. My legs get sore and achy on a regular basis so a hardcore leg workout in the gym is a little unappealing when they got somewhat of a workout and im not going to the gym often anyways. I know they sound like retarded excuses but its hard physically and, im not gonna lie, mentally to get in a leg workout when im working a lot.

What i do is different from what i consider a personal trainer to do since im doing the workouts aswell with the "fit camp".

So i guess technically i workout my legs very often... just not always in the gym, IMO, where it really counts.

Cardio or endurance work is not the same as strength work. Although I agree that you won't get as much out of the strength work with those sorts of demands unless your diet and recovery is A1.

Plus who said a "hardcore leg workout" had to leave you unable to do anything for the next few days?????

You would battle to find an athlete these days that doesn't squat. Most still seem to be able to run and jump successfully.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Cardio or endurance work is not the same as strength work. Although I agree that you won't get as much out of the strength work with those sorts of demands unless your diet and recovery is A1.

Plus who said a "hardcore leg workout" had to leave you unable to do anything for the next few days?????

You would battle to find an athlete these days that doesn't squat. Most still seem to be able to run and jump successfully.

Kinda depends how often i work. We have a 4 day workout split.

Monday: 5 am and 7 pm :Upper and Lower body

Wednesday: 5 am and 7 pm: Lower body

Thursay: 7pm: Upper Body, Cardio

Friday: 5 am: Upper Body, Cardio

Keep in mind, i work on and off so my body has never really gotten used to the workouts and im not much of an athlete so these workouts require me to give it everything i got at times and i get really sore. Right now i have some down time which is why i been trying to get in some heavy leg workouts.

Normally i still try to get in a heavy squat day 3 times a month atleast but lately i have only been working them out *once every two weeks* since i havent been going to the gym that much for over 2 months or so.

EDIT: I also prioritize my shoulders above all other bodyparts since its my weakpoint. Not saying my legs are strong but they grow much faster then my shoulders.

*fixed*

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You still seem to manage to train upper body don't you?

To put it in the context of a personal example; I was riding my bike to and from work, playing football (lots of running, jumping, kicking), and lifting weights. I still managed to train my legs twice a week.

Why is it that upper body never gets left out just because someone is active?

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
You still seem to manage to train upper body don't you?

To put it in the context of a personal example; I was riding my bike to and from work, playing football (lots of running, jumping, kicking), and lifting weights. I still managed to train my legs twice a week.

Why is it that upper body never gets left out just because someone is active?

My upper body doesnt end up sore or achy normally only shoulders sometimes. My upper body gets left out a lot actually. I train biceps around once every 3 weeks or once every two weeks. I have been doing chest around 3 times a month. I havent been doing lower-mid back for over a month until i did deadlifts this week. The only things i been training consistently are shoulders and trap these past couple of weeks. I been trying to get in legs, like i said, i tried training them in this week but i had cramps on my quads on wednesday... they ended up really sore the next day :dunnodude: and im going to do squats on monday. I did get a good hamstring workout though, i did deadlifts and hamstrings since i couldnt do quads.

This is kinda how my workouts have been. I wrote it before but i was wrong with the order of things... I had only been working out in the gym 3 times a week. I was having pain in my rectus femoris and was not working out regularly so i figured i would take a week long break until the fitcamps slow down but i ended up taking a 2 week break. My first workout from coming back from the break was a leg workout ... i hurt my inner thigh two days later so i skipped my next session since i was injured. The next week i only trained 3 times, two of which were shoulders and traps (monday and friday). This week i tried doing legs and i will do legs next week. You can gather that on average i was working out legs every two weeks. Before i took my break i was working out legs around 3 times a month or once every two weeks because of how sore and achy my legs would be.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely understand where you're coming from.

During wrestling season, I probably worked out 3-5 times out of the 3 months. The last thing I wanted to do was work out. I was completely depleted every single day with no energy to do anything. And on top of that, I couldn't eat too much because I had to make weight. Though on my part, it wasn't that my legs were sore. My body just didn't have the energy to be lifting weights after practices. However, the very few work outs I got in were only squatting.

Now it's squatting 3 times a week. :headbang:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Definitely understand where you're coming from.

During wrestling season, I probably worked out 3-5 times out of the 3 months. The last thing I wanted to do was work out. I was completely depleted every single day with no energy to do anything. And on top of that, I couldn't eat too much because I had to make weight. Though on my part, it wasn't that my legs were sore. My body just didn't have the energy to be lifting weights after practices. However, the very few work outs I got in were only squatting.

Now it's squatting 3 times a week. :headbang:

Thanks Kn, 3 times a week is hardcore.

Man i did my first Sheiko training day, I totally underestimated how long my workouts were going to be. It was a really humid, there was gay ass music and i forgot my MP3 and i was working out with someone else. My resting period between exercizes was much longer then usual. I ended up training for nearly 2 hrs and then my boss asked my to work last minute so i ate and went to work for another hour. I definitely gotta keep my time in check next time, Im interested to see where this training program will take me.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ you should start a log dude

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im thinking about it but i have not committed to the lifting competition that i might do so i dont want to start a blog and then have it end abruptly, it would be a waste of a thread. If i make a log i'll just keep a personal log and then post it once i commit.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO