• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Crazy Muscle Cramp

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So I get back from the gym after hitting my quads pretty hard. I sat down and played some Xbox for an hour, and when I was done I stood up and both of my legs cramped up real hard at the same time. I couldn't move them at all. I dropped myself down to the couch and tried to relax for two minutes massaging my legs but man they were hurting real fuckin' bad. I crawled to the phone to call the ambulance because honestly I thought I tore both my fucking quads and I've heard a story of this chick tearing her leg getting up from a chair... For 5 damn minutes man my muscles were squeezing hard and I couldn't even bend them the slightest. Just when the ambulance came by my legs were pretty much back to normal. I feel like such a foo. I get leg cramps every now and then but it never got like this before! :doh: lol.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HAHAHA, happens to me everytime i go to the movies after training legs, fuck quad cramps, ham cramps are the fuckin worse!

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
used to happen to me in the morning just as i was waking up or about to wake up.. i tell you there is nothing that will wake you up faster than a hamstring cramp except maybe someones nuts dangling infront of your face

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
used to happen to me in the morning just as i was waking up or about to wake up.. i tell you there is nothing that will wake you up faster than a hamstring cramp except maybe someones nuts dangling infront of your face

true that, well...the cramps i mean...fuckin hate it when it happens!

P

Pain

VIP
I had this happen to me after doing 40 minutes on the rowing machine. Its was pretty scary as it lasted a good 10 minutes. Every muscle in both of my legs cramped up and I couldn't move at all. Even 2 days after this happened I could still feel pain in my legs.

I made a few threads asking for advice just after this happened to me. Tim and The Creator helped me out and I haven't experienced anything as dramatic as that since.

I still get cramps in my hamstrings but I've never had both legs completely lock up again.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
drop the xbox Johnny...

LOL you called an ambulance? :iorofl:

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hell yeah, hamstring cramps are painful too! I got one of those in bed with my ex once, it was a good laugh though! I think I'll need to fix my posture 'cause normally when I watch or play video games, I sit kind of like this girl here:

familysittingcouch_gs316030-1.jpg

Yeah it's terrible posture for the neck as well.

Edit: Pain - that's the exact same thing that happened to me man! It's fucking scary as hell!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
get a full medical checkup. that shit is not normal. it doesent need to be anything serious. but it could be something with ur circulation/respiratory system. atleast i wouldnt take any chances.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
happened to me right before i had to go to work.
but mine hurt so bad it wasnt even funny

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Haha, trust me I wasn't laughing. I was freaking out. I really thought I did something terrible! When the muscles stay contracted like that for so long, something is wrong. I really thought they were torn and I was looking for discolourations, or if the muscles were placed differently than usual and it hurt like hell! Both my legs were rendered useless. In my head I thought the Doc would come in and inject some kind of needle into the muscle to calm it down or some crap, hahaha! Just like a movie. :cool:

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
It could be diet related. I only cramp when My vegetable intake is out of whack. I started to get cramps last week and upped my vegie intake+ included a magnesium supplement twice a day and I'm back to normal which for me is never cramping. If you had to call an ambulance a doctor might be a good option lol.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Hell yeah, hamstring cramps are painful too! I got one of those in bed with my ex once, it was a good laugh though! I think I'll need to fix my posture 'cause normally when I watch or play video games, I sit kind of like this girl here:

familysittingcouch_gs316030-1.jpg

LMAO i wont be able to get that image out of my head when we play battlefield next time :rofl3: very seductive LOL

Ive gotten some nasty cramps but not as bad as what you and Pain mentioned. Kind of ironic, i used to get nasty hamstring cramps during sex and yesterday i was thinking to myself "i wonder why i dont get hamstring cramps like that anymore"

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Try it when you have just had the drugs wear off from your knee reconstruction and you can't actually move your knee and your hammy cramps and pulls your leg back 130 degrees when you have 10 degrees of pain free movement!

Second most painfull thing I've ever experienced.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I had this happen to me on the plane going to UK. And as it happened I couldn't even stretch my legs to help it because of economy class :/.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
get it checked... it should be that bad not from sitting down at least

Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I found this article on leg cramps:

"In some cases, the cramps may be a symptom of another condition or problem. For example:
Some drugs can cause cramps as a side-effect, or make cramps occur more often. These include: diuretics ('water tablets'), nifedipine, cimetidine, salbutamol, statins, terbutaline, lithium, clofibrate, penicillamine, phenothiazines, and nicotinic acid.
Over-exertion of muscles.
Dehydration.
Conditions that cause alterations in the balance of salts in the bloodstream (such as a high or low sodium or potassium level).
Some people who have renal (kidney) dialysis get leg cramps.
Pregnancy - usually in the later stages.
[An untreated under-active thyroid gland.
Peripheral vascular disease (narrowing of the leg arteries which causes poor circulation).
Excess alcohol.
Some uncommon disorders of nerves.
Rare causes include: cirrhosis of the liver; lead poisoning; sarcoidosis."

Source: Cramps in the Leg | Health | Patient UK

There's a lot more info written in the article, good stuff.

Savjav

Savjav

HAHAHA, happens to me everytime i go to the movies after training legs, fuck quad cramps, ham cramps are the fuckin worse!

lol omg that always happens to me, u look like the biggest retard..

oh and when ur calves cramp up on drive back from the gym and u cant let go of the accelerator :rofl3: thats the worst

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain has already stated that Creator and I made some good comments about cramps and how to deal with them. Do a search in the training section, we covered some good stuff.