• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

WrestleMania 2010

P

Pain

VIP
Anyone looking forward to this years WrestleMania? Its this sunday.

I actually think the card is pretty weak this year apart from Taker/HBK. I could care less for Cena/Tista, Y2j/Edge and Bret Hart vs. Vince is going to be awkward to watch.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im only looking forward to the HBK/Taker fight and the orton/legacy fight, time for dibiase and rhodes to go their seperate ways, also the batista/cena fight looks to be a good battle

But.. TNA just had a ppv called Destination X, worth a watch...jeff hardy and RVD are part of TNA now, they have a good cast of wrestlers.

P

Pain

VIP
But.. TNA just had a ppv called Destination X, worth a watch...jeff hardy and RVD are part of TNA now, they have a good cast of wrestlers.

TNA is fucking awful.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
TNA is fucking awful.

I feel that the mid card fights are the best at TNA, the X division guys and the tag team matches are way better then WWE. WWE has a better overall product, but the wrestling is much better in TNA. Of course the whole hogan/wolfpac/nastyboyz stuff is stupid, but they are in the midst of becoming big, so they need to get as large as a fanbase as possible

I enjoy wathcing TNA, you forget how good wreslting actually is when people could actually wrestle, unlike WWE, whats the last time a good match happened in the WWE, i mean a high quality wrestling match? It's been exactly a year, HBK/Undertaker, and this says alot of the quality of the wrestlers at WWE, no real talent there. TNA has better wrestlers, WWE has better entertainers

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
im pumped for every match bar shemus and hhh. bret hart could be in a joystick operated wheelchair under doctors orders to take no contact at all and still have a good match. it will be a brawl but bret will call it and so it will be good. Vinnie doesnt have to hit bret over the head to make it a good match. vinnie working on brets lower back and legs trying to be technical against the best ring general of all time will draw enough heat especially if vinnie works bret into a sharpshooter. when bret puts vince in the sharpshooter bam! awesome

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ agree with you pickle, the HHH, sheamus fight was just thrown in there for HHH, so he can be part of Wrestlemania

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it's a much better card than it has been the past couple years. Last year's Wrestlemania 25, other than HBK-Taker, is easily up there with Wrestlemania 9 and Wrestlemania 13 (minus Hart-Austin) as the worst of all time. Ditto for Wrestlemania 24 (minus the HBK- flair moment), Wrestlemania 23 (all if it), and Wrestlemania 22 (all of it).

This year's card is pretty good on paper. Cena vs. Batista has had a great build up, Michaels vs. Taker wasn't built up as well as last year but you know these two could put on a show together into their 80's. Jericho vs. Edge could be pretty good, likewise for the evolution triple threat (this could go so many ways, and nice to see a split in this stale faction), and I echo Pickle's comments about Hart vs. McMahon, i'd buy it just to see this.

HHH vs. Sheamus is going to be lame, Mysterio vs. Punk will be too (I personally can't stand Punk, everything he is in is boring), and Big Show/Miz vs. Morrison/Truth will probably be a bore as well (I can't stand Miz for the same reason as Punk, Big Show is so stale and it's pathetic to see how much he let himself go from his early WCW days where he was a freak, though Morrison and Truth are okay).

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This crap now isnt even worth watching. The time of austin,rock,hhh,dx, ministry, corporate ministry was the IT time to be a wrestling fan, IMO.

P

Pain

VIP
I feel that the mid card fights are the best at TNA, the X division guys and the tag team matches are way better then WWE. WWE has a better overall product, but the wrestling is much better in TNA. Of course the whole hogan/wolfpac/nastyboyz stuff is stupid, but they are in the midst of becoming big, so they need to get as large as a fanbase as possible

I enjoy wathcing TNA, you forget how good wreslting actually is when people could actually wrestle, unlike WWE, whats the last time a good match happened in the WWE, i mean a high quality wrestling match? It's been exactly a year, HBK/Undertaker, and this says alot of the quality of the wrestlers at WWE, no real talent there. TNA has better wrestlers, WWE has better entertainers

TNA are more open with what their wrestlers can do in the ring. WWE restricts their wrestlers from actually wrestling... Like they won't let Cena wrestle, he just brawls. They also don't allow much high flying moves anymore.

Its not that the guys in wwe can't wrestle, its just wwe restricts what they can do in the ring.

Even Hogan can wrestle, wwe just didn't want him to back in the 80's. Go watch some of Hogan's matches from Japan. Not exactly text book wrestling but it demonstrates the way wwe handle their wrestles and their move sets.

Watch the move Hogan does at 2:08. Have you ever seen him do anything like that in wwe?

btw, I find the fans in TNA annoying as hell. Every show there is a TNA chant or a THIS IS AWESOME chant. lol.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with you pain, the TNA crowd is stupid lol, and i get your point bout limited wrestling at WWE. But other then the crowd TNA is pretty entertaining! but WWE is better!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with you pain, the TNA crowd is stupid lol, and i get your point bout limited wrestling at WWE. But other then the crowd TNA is pretty entertaining! but WWE is better!!

They both suck right now.

Bringing in Hogan was the worst thing TNA could have done, every time he gets any creative control it's ALWAYS favoritism to his buddies (ie, Ed Leslie, Nasty Boys, Jim Duggan, Bubba the Love Sponge) and boring results. There's a reason why WCW went under, and in some cases, it's exactly the same thing TNA is doing right now.

Having Bret Hart back was the only thing which got me watching again for the last 2 months.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Bringing in Hogan was the worst thing TNA could have done, every time he gets any creative control it's ALWAYS favoritism to his buddies (ie, Ed Leslie, Nasty Boys, Jim Duggan, Bubba the Love Sponge) and boring results. There's a reason why WCW went under, and in some cases, it's exactly the same thing TNA is doing right now.

Having Bret Hart back was the only thing which got me watching again for the last 2 months.

Agree, the whole wrestling business sucks now compared to '98-2002.

P

Pain

VIP

The overall product in wwe right now is actually the best its been in years. The amount of new stars that are being made right now is really impressive. wwe are now realizing guys like HHH, HBK and Taker are coming to the end of their careers and they need to create big name stars.

Back in mid 2009 when HBK returned, the first thing HBK asked in the locker room was who are the new stars that the wwe have created and someone said "no one."

This is why you have seen guys like Shaemus, Legacy, Kofi and so on get big pushes in the past 6 months.

I see the HHH vs. Shaemus match at mania a passing of the torch, thats if HHH agrees to put over Shaemus.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The overall product in wwe right now is actually the best its been in years. The amount of new stars that are being made right now is really impressive. wwe are now realizing guys like HHH, HBK and Taker are coming to the end of their careers and they need to create big name stars.

Back in mid 2009 when HBK returned, the first thing HBK asked in the locker room was who are the new stars that the wwe have created and someone said "no one."

This is why you have seen guys like Shaemus, Legacy, Kofi and so on get big pushes in the past 6 months.

I see the HHH vs. Shaemus match at mania a passing of the torch, thats if HHH agrees to put over Shaemus.

I agree, it's better than it has been in years, but that isn't saying a whole lot. I'm not really feeling it with many of the new "stars", Sheamus doesn't have "over" heat, he has more "go away we don't want to see you" heat. He definitely doesn't have the breakout star charisma that HHH had around Wrestlemania 14, where it was really elevated over that year and Wrestlemania 15 where he jumped to the next level.

Kofi is boring, a Jamacian (or now West African) guy with little personality doesn't really scream star.

Legacy is pretty dull too, neither of them have much charisma either.

The best part wrestling has seen in the past 5 years was this:

"By the way, who in the blue hell is Dolph Ziggler?" :rofl3:

"You should be called BM Punk, BM, for bowel movement, which is what the audience wants to do every time you open your mouth and start talking." :49:

So true. At least they're trying to elevate, but between Sheamus, Rhodes, Dibiase, Kofi, Miz, Punk, and the stale talent at the top where every possible feud has pretty much been done, repackaged then done again, the future isn't looking too bright.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I dont feel shaemus is ready for a big push in the WWE, i feel that with all the real talent being at the end of their careers, there is no real new big guy on the block ready to dominate, and i feel the new guys that are going to get a push arent on the same level as the guys now.

In 3 years, HHH, big show, Shawn Micheals, Undertaker, Kane and all the other big guys will be gone, their wont be much real star power anymore.

Little guys like Kofi/Morrison and such never make it veyr far. just look at the history of dominant stars in the WWE.

And the guys over at NXT SUCK

P

Pain

VIP
I agree, it's better than it has been in years, but that isn't saying a whole lot. I'm not really feeling it with many of the new "stars", Sheamus doesn't have "over" heat, he has more "go away we don't want to see you" heat. He definitely doesn't have the breakout star charisma that HHH had around Wrestlemania 14, where it was really elevated over that year and Wrestlemania 15 where he jumped to the next level.

Kofi is boring, a Jamacian (or now West African) guy with little personality doesn't really scream star.

Legacy is pretty dull too, neither of them have much charisma either.

The best part wrestling has seen in the past 5 years was this:

"By the way, who in the blue hell is Dolph Ziggler?" :rofl3:

"You should be called BM Punk, BM, for bowel movement, which is what the audience wants to do every time you open your mouth and start talking." :49:

You have to give these guys time. Guys like HHH, Austin, HBK and The Rock are one time only. You will never have stars like these guys again.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have to give these guys time. Guys like HHH, Austin, HBK and The Rock are one time only. You will never have stars like these guys again.

But it's not just the mega-stars, there have been a ton of excellent stars at/near the top though for the last decades (at least, since the "Monday Night" era), even if they weren't great wrestlers at least they were captivating. Hogan (entertaining), Savage (entertaining and skilled), Hart (both), Sting (both), Flair (both), DDP (both), Foley (both), Undertaker (in his prime, both), Piper (both), Hennig (both)... even guys like Sid (entertaining), Vader (entertaining)...

nobody today is on the level of these guys.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
I had a massive rant in this thread but it dissapeared. meh :p

i think the main problem with wwe today is that everyone is so monotone one sided and non responsive to the crowd. Case John Cena, He hits the mic. the last time before he faces batista at wrestlemaina. a so called dream match and he sounds like an emo, no passion what so ever just hides behind his hat. I get they are trying to say batista has made cena his bitch how is cena going to beat him? but honestly it was a weak sauce promo. Wrestling has to be over the top or nothing. People coming in not rambling catch phrases, not dissing the other competitor or dissing the crowd will never work. In an effort to make the stars different to the rocks and austins of the attitude era essentially every star now is monotonous boring and lifeless. The everyday hero whos just like me, it will work for kids but for the older crew we need theatrics. Dont even get me started on the spear promos :(

Im a fan of cm punk. his gimmick isnt over but at least he has a clear gimmick. Again he could play up the showmanship a lot better. his catchphrase "im better then you" man if he let the crowd know that was coming they would eat that line up rallying it back at him and he could cut sick.

I would have had cena coming out fired up on the mic. last show before mainia. he should of had his own security detail dressed in his poofy orange shirts in anticipation of batista being a soft cock. security details could of faught cena could of got his hands on dave. refs come to splitt them up dave still runs off like he did. cena gets on the mic and says something with passion incorporating his lame u cant see mes and getting himself some fuck throw the cahin gang in there at least get into it.

loloolol

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Before reading your post, if you use firefox, download the extension Lazarus. It automatically recovers what you type in forms so if something like a post doesn't work or your browser freezes, you can recover your text with a right click.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i think the main problem with wwe today is that everyone is so monotone one sided and non responsive to the crowd. Case John Cena, He hits the mic. the last time before he faces batista at wrestlemaina. a so called dream match and he sounds like an emo, no passion what so ever just hides behind his hat. I get they are trying to say batista has made cena his bitch how is cena going to beat him? but honestly it was a weak sauce promo. Wrestling has to be over the top or nothing. People coming in not rambling catch phrases, not dissing the other competitor or dissing the crowd will never work. In an effort to make the stars different to the rocks and austins of the attitude era essentially every star now is monotonous boring and lifeless. The everyday hero whos just like me, it will work for kids but for the older crew we need theatrics. Dont even get me started on the spear promos :(

Im a fan of cm punk. his gimmick isnt over but at least he has a clear gimmick. Again he could play up the showmanship a lot better. his catchphrase "im better then you" man if he let the crowd know that was coming they would eat that line up rallying it back at him and he could cut sick.

I would have had cena coming out fired up on the mic. last show before mainia. he should of had his own security detail dressed in his poofy orange shirts in anticipation of batista being a soft cock. security details could of faught cena could of got his hands on dave. refs come to splitt them up dave still runs off like he did. cena gets on the mic and says something with passion incorporating his lame u cant see mes and getting himself some fuck throw the cahin gang in there at least get into it.

loloolol

That's a good post, and I think that actually would have been a pretty cool idea.