• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Bros vs Pros III: Squat Off (MUST SEE!!)

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

This series are awesome!

such a great time to watch!

Last edited by a moderator:
JoaoT

JoaoT

Nice! I'm gonna see them now

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
One of the dudes that looked philipino or something didnt do many reps but he went much deeper then everyone esle, mad respect.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I only watched (yet) the ladies, and it's really really really amazing.

Wow.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Tom Platz would have won that with ease lol..

but great idea this "bro's vs pro's" from RXM, it's awesome to watch. Thanks Natzo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A lot of characters over there, lol! Fun watch.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was impressed with that june dude. he was doing ATG while pretty much everyone else were doing partials:no:

i cant believe that 15 year old kid got any of his reps counted:disgust:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One of the dudes that looked philipino or something didnt do many reps but he went much deeper then everyone esle, mad respect.

"Oh wow, he's doing full squats!"
"He's squatting ATG!"

It disappoints me that Dave was so amazed that someone could actually squat properly.

The women were amazing!!! The woman who won sounded like she and Tom Platz would get along well.

kn609

kn609

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
As an oly lifter, I'll say some of these squats really burn my eyes.
15 sure was strong for his age, but lower the ego and drop off 2 plates and start doing ass to grass.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The partial squat is something I notice happening too much nowadays, but it happens way less often here in europe compared to the US. While i was there on exchange, i saw a lot of guys "squattin". They were cheering each other one while they were performing quarter squats with 240 for reps, yet they did full ROM on the bench with 315 lol, its the ego gettin in the way most of the time

Over here in Europe, you see that lifters learn to really squat and how much weight is used isnt that important, while ive seen my shares of heavy squatters here, many guys with awesome leg development barely squat more then 180kg. But those 180kg are ATG

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tom Platz did 23 reps in less than 1 minute with 100 pounds more weight, with PERFECT form and not @ his all time best.

Platz is the best squatter ever.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
The partial squat is something I notice happening too much nowadays, but it happens way less often here in europe compared to the US. While i was there on exchange, i saw a lot of guys "squattin". They were cheering each other one while they were performing quarter squats with 240 for reps, yet they did full ROM on the bench with 315 lol, its the ego gettin in the way most of the time

Over here in Europe, you see that lifters learn to really squat and how much weight is used isnt that important, while ive seen my shares of heavy squatters here, many guys with awesome leg development barely squat more then 180kg. But those 180kg are ATG

Most people in my gym do partial Squats AND partial Bench LOL. They are jokes. One dude was telling my nephew that he is stronger then me and that he can do 315 for reps but i saw him at the gym yesterday doing 255 partial reps with a spotter :rofl3:.

Theres this other group of dudes at my gym that have such shitty ROM that i consider them to be lockouts only. They load the bar with extreme ammounts of weight and bearly nudge the bar up and down lol. One of them brags to everyone that he can bench 450 but he cant even do 2 plates with full ROM. Bunch of jokes. A buddy of mine that goes to the gym is very weak and doesnt lift much weight on any exercize but atleast he does full ROM on all the exercizes.

As an oly lifter, I'll say some of these squats really burn my eyes.
15 sure was strong for his age, but lower the ego and drop off 2 plates and start doing ass to grass.

Is that you in your avatar? if so, how much weight is on the bar?

everytime i see your avatar it makes me wonder lol

Cork

Cork

It's no wonder to me at all that the 15 y/o didn't have a single full rep. I would say I'm impressed that he just got under 405, but I really can't stand people that do it like that. Ego of course.

Oh and I'm pretty sure Palumbo was giving him reps cause he knew the kid wasn't going to win, he was just being nice.

co05

co05

Am I the only one that's frustrated that the camera man couldn't be bothered to include their hips in most of the shots?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Am I the only one that's frustrated that the camera man couldn't be bothered to include their hips in most of the shots?

I was more annoyed that they wanted to wave the camera up and down with each rep, rather than taking two steps back and just showing them squat.

jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh well all the frustration aside it was fun to watch.

D

DIPLOMAT007

I was more annoyed that they wanted to wave the camera up and down with each rep, rather than taking two steps back and just showing them squat.

yea really annoyed me , this series is a great idea :shakefist:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Palumbo already said that next one will be the deadlift.

500 lbs for men.
315 lbs for women.