• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mixing different protein sources

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok guys, I have some question for you, nutrition gurus :thumbsup2:

1) Is mixing different protein sources in a single meal better than obtaining all your protein in the meal from one individual source?

2) Now imagine you have two different protein sources for two meals, i.e. chicken breast and egg whites. Would be the same to eat half of your c. breast and half of your whites in meal one and the rest in meal two than eating (i.e.) the chicken breast in meal 1 and all your whites in meal 2 (or viceversa)?

3) Regarding to question number 2: would the answer be different if one of the meals is the pre (or post) workout meal?

Thanks a lot your your answers and sorry if I explained myself poorly. :thumbsup2:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok guys, I have some question for you, nutrition gurus :thumbsup2:

1) Is mixing different protein sources in a single meal better than obtaining all your protein in the meal from one individual source?

2) Now imagine you have two different protein sources for two meals, i.e. chicken breast and egg whites. Would be the same to eat half of your c. breast and half of your whites in meal one and the rest in meal two than eating (i.e.) the chicken breast in meal 1 and all your whites in meal 2 (or viceversa)?

3) Regarding to question number 2: would the answer be different if one of the meals is the pre (or post) workout meal?

Thanks a lot your your answers and sorry if I explained myself poorly. :thumbsup2:

its blatantly clear i`m no nutrition guru

but i`d would say its better to mix different sources of protein due to each source having its own unique quantity of each of the Amino acids, say source 1 is particularly high in Amino acid A but low in Amino Acid B, whilst source 2 has a high amount of amino acid B but a low amount of amino acid A (both AAs are high enough to consider the source of protein to have a complete AA profile.. you know like chicken meat egg nuts bla bla bla... each source even though it has varying amounts of each AA, they are all above a certain amount)

but i would say such differences in physique between consuming the ways you mentioned would only be evident in the VERY long run

2) i would say that only in certain situations would that matter, example last 2 meals of the day. You would prefer to dedicate last meal to caesin rather then consume half ot he caesin in the before meal and have half in the last meal then each of these meals has half of your chicken(or whatever) serving

:bitenails:
i dunno.. thats how i see it

FEVER

FEVER

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm started on this setup:

Each meal:
egg white
Chicken / Beef
Whey Isolate

I feel really good response on this