• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jaspar's log - cut is on the way

J

Jaspar

Aight, I figured it was about time I started a log for myself. I've been roaming the board for ages now, but haven't been an active user so to say, at least I haven't posted.

My name is Jasper, twenty years old and currently residing in Denmark.
I started training around August '08 and so far I've been enjoying the progress and skill learning. It's only until recently, that being for the last 7-9 months, I have been training with a somewhat correct approach; knowledge on diet, training etc. is beginning to form, thus being put to use - and it's showing :)

Since I lost my virginity I've put on 25 kgs (55 lbs added) which to put it nicely is more than just lean body mass :rofl3: I just recently moved into a larger city, and up until then I drove around on bicycle, so the kcal expenditure was pretty big. Anyway, long story short - once I moved I put on a lot of weight, which, pretty smoothly if I must say myself, brings us to the present - me on a diet.

Current stats:
Height: 180 cm / 5'9
Weight: 90 kgs / 198 lb
1RMs: no idea to be honest, it's been ages since I testet them, and that was through an idiotic protocol.

Alrighty then.

I hope you'll enjoy the log, and if you have time to kill at the office then even leave a comment on training or what ever comes to mind. Cheers:headbang:

J

Jaspar

Upper body
The 15th of April

I slept like a baby. The 8 hours of sleep felt like a brief 15 minutes crash on the couch, so felt a little sad .. you know, haven my sweet dreams stolen from me. I've currently got somewhere around 25 days left of school, then I graduate. I'm somewhat ambivalent towards it, on one side I feel very relieved that it's soon over, the immense studying and what not. On the other hand there's all the things I'll miss: the immense studying, the social network, which naturally won't be dissolved but it will still be lagging a little - everyone seeking new challenges and all that.

Ok, before I get too mellow I might as well tell you about the training. As a result of my troublesome sleep I was lacking the energy when I hit the gym. I wasn't really feeling the weights and the focus was somewhere else. After a few sets with some twisted house on the system I, however, began to get in the zone:bball:

Btw, a word from the wise. I recently began looking into what iTunes has to offer, and I must say the various podcasts one can dig up from their archives are a true gift. If you're into electronic music, the one that goes blip-blop, then you'll find a lot of nice compilations of mixes. For instance, I stumbled upon the Sensation White-section and found some very interesting tunes by Gui Boratto:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdkxPyLDQy4[/youtube]

Military press low double contraction
some x 20 kg
10 x 30 kg
6 x 40 kg
end of straight set warmups
-
9-10 x 35 kg
8-9 x 35 kg
6 + 2 x 35 kg
7-8 x 30 kg
- as you can see, I'm not that keen at counting.

Pulldowns low double contraction
10 x 40
8 x 55
-
8 x 55
8 x 55
8 x 55
6 + 1 x 55
- went just fine, didn't get as huge a pump in my brachs as the last time.

A1 straight arm pulldown 3 secs up as well as down
10 x 45
10 x 45
9 x 45
9 x 40

A2 ~60 degrees incline DB press

11 x 25
10 x 25
10 x 25
10 x 25

B1 overhead rope tri. ext. 3 secs up and down
10 x 30
10 x 32,5
9 x 32,5
8 x 32,5

B2 BB curls tried to go slow, but it was rather difficult to maintain the 3 secs up and down
10 x 30
8 x 25
8 x 25
6-7 x 25

Cable laterals
10 x 15
10 x 15

Tabata
DB swings. 8 rounds. Wasn't as exhausting as the burpees the other day, they were nearly killing me. I did however manage get accumulate a pretty large amount of sweat:gaysign:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Welcome to the logs Jasper, nice first session right there! keep up the good work buddy!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
hey I like your diary..

keep up the good work jasper!

what do you study? and where?

J

Jaspar

Thanks for the welcome, that was somewhat fast. I'm currently attending the Danish general upper secondary education, ages ranging from 16 to around 20-21 years. It lasts three years. But what I'd love to study afterward is psychology, but we'll see how it progresses :)

QUADS MANIA
The 17th of April

Yesterday, Friday, I went to bed early. I felt a little out of place, and decided that it would be more suitable for me to sleep it off rather than sitting around feeling pity for myself. I woke up at 08:20 AM in order to get at least two meals down before training, because I find it really hard to train with only one meal. Oh, maybe I should add that the reason why I was forced to train early today is because I had a shopping date with a friend of mine, we were going to buy tuxedos, but there was a slight change in plans and we postponed it. So I actually managed to get three meals before hitting the gym. Ok, enough jabbing :rofl3:

Squat tempo contrast (intervals of two reps: 2 x 604, 2 x 000, repeat)
8 x 60 kg
4 x 80 kg
3 x 90 kg
-
8 x 65 kg
8 x 65 kg
8 x 65 kg
8 x 65 kg
- went really good. Despite of the puny amount of kilos moved, this setup really produces an immense amount of lactic acid for me. The downside is a small penis, you know. Btw, only 1 min between sets.

Legpress medium stance SS DB squat
11 x 130 kg + 20 x 17,5 kg
11 x 130 + 15 x 17,5 - my erector felt like it was run down by a truck
11 x 130 + 14 x 17,5
12 x 130 + 12 x 25 leg ext.
- went alright, but my erector had to take the tow. It might be the way I position myself when doing the DB squats, I might try with a heel next time. I also suspect myself for rounding my back a little in the buttom of the legpress. Shame on me. 90s between sets.

DB lunges long steps
20 x 21 kg in each hand
18 x 21

DB lunges very very short steps. I position my food where the other one ends.
18 x 21 kg in each hand
18 x 21
- the lunges were incredibly hard to be honest, it seems I don't breath very easily when doing this.

Leg ext.
for lactic acid
100 x 10 kg
2 pauses: one at 50 reps and another at 80 reps.

All in all an ok training, the energy was through the roof. I think I might rocket through the air once I get my hands on some green tea extract ..

I actually planned a tabata but thought that would be too dramatic and called it off. I'm going to a meet some friend tonight and do some excessive drinking, haven't done that for ages. Have a nice weekend, folks.