• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Anatomy of a record contract.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A friend of mine that was in a major touring rock act told me some similar figures about record contracts. He decided to go and teach English in Europe instead.

He quoted major label rates in Australia as basically requiring 75,000 albums sold before the artist saw their first cent. Label was making 20-30% on every unit sold.

Peter Garett (Midnight Oil, and apparently a politician, but that would require him to have done something) made a video back in the 80's or early 90's about record contracts that was really damning. He made it after a few pub-rock acts got shafted by their contracts and never saw a cent even after having a bunch of hit albums (Angry Anderson cleans houses for a living despite being in one of the most successful Aussie rock acts).

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Yeah, as the guy who wrote the article said, unless you're signing a million dollar contract, you should try to keep the terms as short as possible. Less shit to dodge and wade through.