• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

messing up with diuretics

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

i used diuretics (xipamide) without supplementing potassium and the results were a disaster.i feel sick and look flat as hell.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i used diuretics (xipamide) without supplementing potassium and the results were a disaster.i feel sick and look flat as hell.

Not a biggy if this is for a show and theres still time... get the biggest pizza you can find and eat it bit by bit in a couple of hours time:thumbsup2:
If you could somehow through in a pack of Animal-Pak that would do wonders too...

BUT...

this is from personal experience but the tricky part is we all respond to salts & carbs so bloody differently its not funny :umwtf:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Not a biggy if this is for a show and theres still time...
Wouldn't it be less of an issue if it wasn't for a show, as the sense of competitive urgency would be removed?

Cork

Cork

If it's not for a contest, then there is no urgency at all. Who cares about water manipulation otherwise?

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
If it's not for a contest, then there is no urgency at all. Who cares about water manipulation otherwise?
Chicks dig guys who can exact control over their subcutaneous water: fact!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chicks dig guys who can exact control over their subcutaneous water: fact!

:iorofl:

No its not ... how many times we've seen a chubby fat-ass walking down the road hand-in-hand with the hottest chick you ever saw... millions of times :(

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:iorofl:

No its not ... how many times we've seen a chubby fat-ass walking down the road hand-in-hand with the hottest chick you ever saw... millions of times :(

Who said that the chubby guy is retaining subcutaneous water? He may have paper thin skin over all that blubber.

Also worth bearing in mind that "looking hot" to chicks is not something related to being lean and muscular.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Also worth bearing in mind that "looking hot" to chicks is not something related to being lean and muscular.

Ummmm and what was my point again????

But hey you got to break yet another reply in bits and vomit what ever the hell you had thought up in your head... PRICELESS!
Well done another well spent day on the internet:talkhand:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ummmm and what was point again????

But hey you got to break yet another reply in bits and vomit what ever the hell you had thought up in your head... PRICELESS!
Well done another well spent day on the internet:talkhand:

l_ed3ca70dab5e715400716be98429e91d-1.gif

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

:rofl3:

The thing is I was making exactly the same point as you did... well except for the fat guy with paper thin skin because thats just plain stupid (there goes another barbell:doh:)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I was continuing the joke with the unlikely addition of a fat guy not retaining water.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aaand we unknowingly hijacked a thread.... getting back to the subject...

I would really like to get the opinion of some of the guys who do Natural shows because IMO generally Nattys have better understanding & control of salt/water manipulation!

Cork

Cork

Well, pakiman, every competitor needs to think about water manipulation during contest prep, not just naturals.

I'm still trying to find my perfect combo, but I have a couple theories on where I've gone wrong previously.

The generic thing that I have done is to drink a shitload of water for 5 days or so, then drastically cut back until show time. While drinking all this water I increases sodium through the roof so that I absorbed as much as I could.
With all the absorption, all my body wanted to do was to expel it. I have never tried a diurectic. I am contemplating trying something like dandelion root this time around. I feel like taking in all those carbs while cutting water only leads to more retention, at least with regards to my own experience.

What I am going to do this time around is barely change my water intake. The only thing I will do is limit salt a couple days before my show, use fast acting carbs the night before and saturday morning to carb load, and use some prep H/saran wrap on any parts I feel are holding water (probably abs and upper leg). And like I said, maybe try a natural diuretic a day or 2 before. Some backlash is coming in from the natural community on the absurdity of heavy water manipulation and how it isn't really needed. Me being the experimentalist that I am, I'm willing to give it a try. I don't tend to care if I place high (though that is the ultimate goal obviously), but I will be just as happy if I come away learning what works and what doesn't so that I can look better next time.