• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Kai signs with Weider

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Kai Green gets an exclusive deal with Weider/AMI.

April 26, 2010

Kai Greene's ascension to the top of the bodybuilding rankings has been one of the sport's biggest success stories. Greene added another chapter to his journey this week when he signed an exclusive publishing agreement with Weider Publications/AMI.

"I'm excited, and I feel like I'm getting closer to the goals I've set for myself," Greene said. "Muscle and Fitness was the first bodybuilding magazine I ever read, but FLEX wasn't far behind." It's like seeing a small boy's dream come true to become a Weider athlete and be a member of the Weider organization."

Greene, who spent much of his infancy and adolescence in foster care, has had to overcome various challenges on his road to become a two-time Arnold Classic Champion and one of the sport's most popular competitors today.

"What Kai Greene has had to overcome in his life on his quest to follow his dreams and become one of the world's top bodybuilders is simply amazing," stated FLEX Editor-in-Chief Allan Donnelly. "His story should serve as an inspiration to anyone who has faced adversity in their life." We are overjoyed and thrilled to name him a member of the Weider/AMI family."

Greene, who went pro in 2004 after winning the NPC Team Universe heavyweight and overall titles, struggled in obscurity for his first two years as a pro. His breakout performance came in the 2007 New York Pro, when he impressed the audience with a new posing technique and a physique that had many thinking he might have finished higher than sixth. One month later, he accomplished this by winning his first professional show, the Colorado Pro.

Greene has won two Arnold Classic championships since then and finished fourth in his first Olympia participation in 2009. Greene won his second Arnold Classic in March and joins the 2010 Olympia as one of the undisputed precontest favorites.

"Myself and my team are very thankful and happy with all of the success we've been able to experience thus far," Greene stated. "However, we are not yet completely satisfied. We still recognize that we have a lot of work to do and are eager to get started. I'm grateful for the chance to accomplish it in this way as a Weider athlete."

Greene's signing, according to Donnelly, is another step in the effort of rebuilding the Weider athlete roster with an inflow of fresh, younger talent.

"We knew going into this year's Olympia that we would have to make some difficult decisions in order to shift our focus from the past to the future," Donnelly said. "We are very optimistic about the athletes we currently have under contract and believe they will be at the top of their game for many years to come." Kai Greene is unquestionably in the vanguard of that group, and we are eager to see what he does next as he reaches the peak of his career."

Tune in to Pro Bodybuilding Weekly tonight at 8 p.m. EST/5 p.m. PT to hear more from Greene!

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
BAM, weider now has number 2,3 and 4 cop that MD.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Weider loves the fruit fuckers it seems...wonder if they "forgot" his past, will they give the O to him this year?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Weider loves the fruit fuckers it seems...wonder if they "forgot" his past, will they give the O to him this year?

ouch.:bitenails:

Hate

Hate

And you are?

Oh yes , just another anonymous hater from a forum .

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
ok 'hate' ahahaha

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP

They won't... They're gonna give it to Phil. :keke:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And you are?
Oh yes , just another anonymous hater from a forum .

Lets be honest: Kai is infamous for his gay4pay past. Other guys like JoJ modelled but were not defamed as much as Kai. It is not the sort of controversy that BBing would want in their poster boy. Signing with Weider, however, suggests that the BBing powers-that-be are possibly willing to overlook this now.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hate

Hate

Lets be honest: Kai is infamous for his gay4pay past. Other guys like JoJ modelled but were not defamed as much as Kai. It is not the sort of controversy that BBing would want in their poster boy. Signing with Weider, however, suggests that the BBing powers-that-be are possibly willing to overlook this now.

I don't think it's our right to judge guys such Kai for what they did in their past , we all know how he lived until getting sponsorship . He did gay shows for money to keep himself on the track in bodybuilding , not for buying a car or bling-blings ; the only thing he had was his body and he used it , he earned from his body just to afford to continue investing in it and get to the top. That's my point.

And lets be honest: Kai = 2 times ASC winner , 4th place @ Mr. O. And these forum posters are what ? Why can't just congratulate guys like Kai ?

Sorry if my english is bad.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good move for Kai, now he can actually win the O :thumbsup2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
And lets be honest: Kai = 2 times ASC winner , 4th place @ Mr. O. And these forum posters are what ? Why can't just congratulate guys like Kai ?

Ok, I'll play nice from now on, I should've mentioned Kai for his performances like you did: 2 times Arnold champ, 2 times Aussie Pro champ, 2008 NY Pro champ, 2007 Colorado Pro champ, 200? grapefruit killer ..etc, is it cool now? lolol truth hurts I know.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^seriously though tkd those jokes have been old 2 years ago

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Well... there go all the video features...

raggamuffini

raggamuffini

I bet tkd came on the infamous Kai Greene vs. grapefruit video once too many times.. Now he gets aroused when he sees anything that is linked with Kai Greene or grapefruits.. I believe thats why can't think of Kai Greene as a bodybuilder that deserves a contract with Weider.. :)

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you have to understand that kai has won a lot of contests... incl 2 at ASC. Irrespective of his past kai has raised his financial value and reputation from winning those shows..
Companies will eventually decide that his wins and his reputation for winning etc.. overshadows his fruit fucking escapades and will start paying him

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Ouch indeed... I have the exact same question as tkD

... once upon a time not too long ago Weiders used to have issues with BBers shoving there posing trunks in and show too much ass (aka Glutes these days :bitelip:)

.... how times have changed!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I bet tkd came on the infamous Kai Greene vs. grapefruit video once too many times.. Now he gets aroused when he sees anything that is linked with Kai Greene or grapefruits.. I believe thats why can't think of Kai Greene as a bodybuilder that deserves a contract with Weider.. :)

umad1-1.jpg