• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

UFC 2010 Demo

P

Pain

VIP
Anyone tried the demo? You have to sign up here to get a code for it.

old game

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I kinda like the look of the other MMA game, "EA Sport's MMA". The animatios on UFC look really stiff and robotic, EAMMA uses more physics oriented collisions like Fight Night Round 4 and the skin shaders are amazing.

Ive heard good things about the Fighting mechanics of the UFC games but in the first game all i did in the demo was throw high kicks untill the opponent got knocked out lol. Im sure there are more complicated nuances and depth to the mechanics though.

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I kinda like the look of the other MMA game, "EA Sport's MMA". The animatios on UFC look really stiff and robotic, EAMMA uses more physics oriented collisions like Fight Night Round 4 and the skin shaders are amazing.

Ive heard good things about the Fighting mechanics of the UFC games but in the first game all i did in the demo was throw high kicks untill the opponent got knocked out lol. Im sure there are more complicated nuances and depth to the mechanics though.

Yea, They could catch your leg kick and take you down.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
bought and played the full version. so far so good. didnt play 09 but this feels fucking awesome. very complex tho. I wanted to have standing exchanges with my roomate mostly because the ground stuff seems very complex probably will need to read the manual or do training mode for that shit. He kept taking me down and won fights that way but as soon as I started taking him down i started to win fights as well. we were getting takingdowns at will me as crocop him as lesnar so perhaps theres still a fair bit of the game for us to understand.

P

Pain

VIP
The EA MMA game looks better. Also looks much better/easier on the ground.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ hadn't seen that vid, it looks waaaaay better. The graphics and gameplay.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
BUMp anyone bought the full version yet?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Yes pickle, I got it!

Its sweet, xbox live it a bit shitty though because sometimes it takes ages to find games. And there still the usual guys with a 30 fight win streak who cut the connection when they lose.

Apart from that its great!

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Man i played the demo and hated it. I was beating the shit out of my friend without even trying i beat him like 4 times... once we change characters, i couldnt beat him for shit and he wiped the floor with me 4 times in a row.... I really hated the ground game, when you'r on the bottom, what exactly are u supposed to do? how the hell do u stand back up? I try messing with the joystic and all the character does is twitch. Idk maybe its too complex for me, for some reason the demo of the first game felt a bit more intuitive and less complex.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Haha twitch! I know exactly what you mean! I struggled like hell and that's what everyone did on the first game was to just get on top and ground and pound lol I couldn't do anything, although I became excellent at submissions and started woopin everyones arses when they took me to ground. I had like 5 ko/tko's and about 80 wins via submission! Lol.

However in this game I learnt pretty much everything espcially the ground game. To get out of bottom, depending where they are on you, you have to do certain trainsitions either major or minor to get out (complicated to explain) and you can even do a reversal which I do now instead of trying to get out which is just flicking the right stick when they attempt a transition. In this game now, I hardly do submissions and ground and pound the fuck out of everyone. Brocks a beast to use on that btw! He is ridiculous just like in real world.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
one time i was on top and i tried doing anything other then a ground and pound so i started messing with the joysticks. I ended up moving around and i ended up in a 69 position and both me and my friends were messing with the joysticks and just twitching all over eatchother LOL.

Wouldve helped if i played the tutorials but i was drunk with my friends and our patience was thin.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
just played online with my cousin. Massive lag, dunno it was unplayable tho, like against anyone good it would be ridiculous. striking was impossible to time because of the lag. I submitted him 3 matches in a row the 3rd was about in 10 seconds. obviously he needs to work on his submission more then i do lol.

3rd match went like this. I ran at him he shoots for a double leg i let him get it. he throws 1 punch i catch it into a kimura he taps lol