• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

water retention/diuretics. HELP.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

im doing a comp in 2 weeks (natural) ANB here in Australia.

and was wondering, i dont know much about diuretics whats not and whats banned. so a little guidance would be much appreciated.

ive read some people looking flat, ive seen herbal diuretics around, would they be enough?

im pretty lean as it is and i just want to push it over the edge. i have feathered thighs and and striated tris...will post up pics when i can

thank you.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This should be more than enough info:
Bodybuilding.com - How I Won My First Natural Professional Bodybuilding Competition - Mark Saunders

Good luck with the competition; which state BTW?

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
the state of down unda.. brotha

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:rofl3:

NSW, Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania or ACT?

You forgot a few.

Boneyard: you really need to check your individual fed's rules and regulations. They should have them published somewhere. Most have rulings on diuretics. At a guess I'd say that herbals are likely to be a grey area, with some individual products banned and others not.

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

THANKS GUYS!
yeah im from NSW its my first comp...

yo tim, the funny the is is that they listed ingredients that are banned, then i checked this diuretic (Blackmores, from coles and Fat Blaster) then im like ok sweeet.

then at the bottom it says: some substances are banned but are not listed...

and more so, can diuretics leave u that much flatter?

Bone Yard

Bone Yard

...and thanks for the link pakiman!

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
THANKS GUYS!
yeah im from NSW its my first comp...

yo tim, the funny the is is that they listed ingredients that are banned, then i checked this diuretic (Blackmores, from coles and Fat Blaster) then im like ok sweeet.

then at the bottom it says: some substances are banned but are not listed...

and more so, can diuretics leave u that much flatter?

You have to think of water differently than you are currently. You want water! You want water to bind to the starches/glycogen you have in your muscles so you have nice full muscles. You want to be hydrated so you can get a blood pump before stepping on stage. What you don't want is a bunch of extra subcutaneous water, b/c that is what has potential to really damage your appearance close to show time. I would not do anything crazy with your electrolytes close to your show. I would monitor my water and drink as I felt necessary.

Their is no one rule for every athlete as far as measurements on some nutrients are concerned to get a specific look. My advice is to not do anything drastic, log what you do this time, and take note to how you look with some pictures. This way you will show up as good as possible this show, and the next show you can make the necessary changes based off of the notes you took for this show and the result you achieved.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You forgot a few.
QUOTE]

I only lived in CBR for a bit and also I was only giving examples... but here you go south Australia, Western Australia and Northern Territories

long live google :bitelip:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Tasmania :bitenails:

brotha.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bone Yard

Bone Yard

off topic abit, drinking diet coke affect dieting much? sodium wise?