• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Dennis Wolf speaks about the NYP and gurus..

3li123

3li123

Well, I will tell everyone the truth: I am done with gurus. I think it is too easy to become dependent on them, and then if they are not there when you need them the most, things can turn out very badly for you. This was my experience last year at the Olympia, and this weekend in New York I once again had problems with my trainer - now my former trainer.

In the days coming into the show, I was looking crazy. Diet was good, shape was good, everything. But by Saturday night, I was not full enough. If you are not full, your muscles lose their shape and hardness...you don't look so ripped, you lose striations - this is what happened to me. What this tells me is that I didn't eat enough during the carb-loading phase. Looking back now, I was always hungry during carb-loading; this should not happen. You should be eating so much that you don't want any more; but I was always hungry, and still my trainer told me not to eat more. This was a mistake.

After pre-judging, we saw I was a little flat, and my trainer told me to eat some rice and a banana. I said, "I don't have any more bananas." He said this was ok; maybe I should eat a burger. This is the one night we have been working so hard for, and he is not sure what advice to give me? I will be honest - I was very upset.

What I ended up doing is eating about 600 grams of dry cake between pre-judging and finals. I filled up a little bit, and looked much better for the finals. So, third place is ok for now. I know what happened, and I know what I have to do now. What's done is done; I can't change it. But from now on, I will do everything by myself. I have had enough of the gurus. I know what works; I won the German Championships, I won the World Championships, and I turned pro doing everything myself. So I will go back to what I've done in the past.

Honestly, I think I could have taken second place. But I am happy for Hide; I know him and he is a good guy, and he deserves his success. I also want to say congratulations to Roelly; to win a show in your first year is fantastic.

I would also like to thank BSN® for all their support. They've been unbelievable to me, and I really appreciate everything. Thank you guys very much.

Well, this week I am just going to train my legs a little bit. I will have five weeks off, and then I will begin my prep for the Olympia. I think it's a good amount of time in between; I will be ready. This weekend was not a bad start, but I am still determined to show everybody what I can do.

BSN - Blogs: Dennis Wolf, Dennis Wolf

finally he wised up !

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like he's just been working with lousy trainers. A proper trainer makes a big difference, especially with last minute prep because you'll drive yourself crazy with all the different things which go in, it helps tremendously to have someone there to rely on.

He needs to deadlift as well.

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL

No banana? have a burger!

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He didn't look ready a week out in the pics posted.

He needs a great big dose of iron in deadlift form.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Sometimes a fruit makes the difference..damn bananas.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well, I will tell everyone the truth: I am done with gurus. I think it is too easy to become dependent on them, and then if they are not there when you need them the most, things can turn out very badly for you. This was my experience last year at the Olympia, and this weekend in New York I once again had problems with my trainer - now my former trainer.

In the days coming into the show, I was looking crazy. Diet was good, shape was good, everything. But by Saturday night, I was not full enough. If you are not full, your muscles lose their shape and hardness...you don't look so ripped, you lose striations - this is what happened to me. What this tells me is that I didn't eat enough during the carb-loading phase. Looking back now, I was always hungry during carb-loading; this should not happen. You should be eating so much that you don't want any more; but I was always hungry, and still my trainer told me not to eat more. This was a mistake.

After pre-judging, we saw I was a little flat, and my trainer told me to eat some rice and a banana. I said, "I don't have any more bananas." He said this was ok; maybe I should eat a burger. This is the one night we have been working so hard for, and he is not sure what advice to give me? I will be honest - I was very upset.

What I ended up doing is eating about 600 grams of dry cake between pre-judging and finals. I filled up a little bit, and looked much better for the finals. So, third place is ok for now. I know what happened, and I know what I have to do now. What's done is done; I can't change it. But from now on, I will do everything by myself. I have had enough of the gurus. I know what works; I won the German Championships, I won the World Championships, and I turned pro doing everything myself. So I will go back to what I've done in the past.

Honestly, I think I could have taken second place. But I am happy for Hide; I know him and he is a good guy, and he deserves his success. I also want to say congratulations to Roelly; to win a show in your first year is fantastic.

I would also like to thank BSN® for all their support. They've been unbelievable to me, and I really appreciate everything. Thank you guys very much.

Well, this week I am just going to train my legs a little bit. I will have five weeks off, and then I will begin my prep for the Olympia. I think it's a good amount of time in between; I will be ready. This weekend was not a bad start, but I am still determined to show everybody what I can do.

BSN - Blogs: Dennis Wolf, Dennis Wolf

finally he wised up !

I'm not sure that Wolf doing his own prep is a good idea. Yes, he may have won the German and World championships on his own, however they are a long long way from the pro ranks. He seems to me like the kind of bodybuilder who needs someone to guide (and probably motivate) him a lot. Glad to see he at least gave Hide credit for his second place. Good to see that rather than the Toney Freeman/Melvin Anthony style of blaming everyone else except themselves.
I think the whole deal about him suggesting it was only a bit of food that would have made the difference is underestimating things hugely. Like a lot of you guys have said, he looked way off just a week before the show. I think ideally a few weeks ago he should have made the decision to skip the NY show and have the extra time to come in and try and dominate the Tampa show instead.

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

When I saw him in NPC Pittsburgh guest posing I didn’t think he can win the NY Pro, Roelly was much better than him at 1 week out and Dannis needs a miracle to beat him.
But I also think that Dannis has a big potentially and he can do much better than NY Pro, He needs to upset his approach with bodybuilding, he can’t repeat the same “loser” words.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
It's DENNIS for fucks sake.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

Dennis, excuse me...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
wow the guy just wants to eat more carbs in the carb loading so many carbs that you can't ask for more.. lol go for it.

now i know when Palumbo said that he was cheating on the diet that his former before this one from europe( can't remember now he did the diet for Ronnie too.) planned for him.
I'm anxious to see this crab loaded Wolf at the O.

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

It's NICHOLLS for fucks sake.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it makes me wonder why he doesnt just go back to Milos. He must really charge a lot or wants the BBer to really push the AAS usage or something. Who knows....

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

He placed 5th in Mr.O 2007, best condition ever I saw Dennis. He was trained by Milos, one of the best gurus in the bb.
Why he wants do all on his own now?

bulkinprogres

bulkinprogres

ahahahahaha you're right