• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

muscle soreness

S

sn256188

should i workout if i'm sore or just wait till i'm not sore?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Depends on how sore and why you are sore.

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is pretty common when you are doing something new or have changed program parameters. Just train through it, you'll adapt.

But if you are sore because you are beating yourself into the ground at every session then soreness is an indicator to back off a bit.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are sore "only" then its not too big a deal to continue training!

However if you are sore and tired like hell then take a break till the soreness goes away!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Like Tim said, it depends how sore you are.

If your a little sore (which training does do) then its ok to do your regular workouts but if your extremely sore to the point where your range of motion is severely limited which I've experienced a lot of times (can't take a shit, no jk) then I recommend doing very light exercise either resistance or cardio, this should help alleviate some of the DOMS.