• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil Heath and Robert Burneika train arms.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Phil Heath and Robert Burneika were in France last April for a guest-posing. This is the video of one of their workout in french fitness center.

Both have tiny arms....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't see Rob do one full ROM curl in the entire video. I just don't understand that.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I didn't see Rob do one full ROM curl in the entire video. I just don't understand that.

I guess his and other pro's philosophy is ; Why train properly when you can train half assed and let your genetics do all the work.

P

power

All the sintol in his arms is preventing him from doing a full rep.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about Phil then? Same goes for him, he used pretty much the same ROM as Robert did (or vice versa)...

But I don't understand that either. What is the reason to not perform full ROM reps???

C

Comin_Up

What about Phil then? Same goes for him, he used pretty much the same ROM as Robert did (or vice versa)...

But I don't understand that either. What is the reason to not perform full ROM reps???

Keeps constant tension on the muscle so more blood gets pushed into it i suppose.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Keeps constant tension on the muscle so more blood gets pushed into it i suppose.
Bicep (for example) is a very simple muscle and you can easily keep it flex'd even if you are performing full ROM reps. I would also claim that you get more out of your workout when performing full reps.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I thought Phil's reps were ok. He went to the top of the active ROM on each rep, but instead of straightening his arm at the bottom he did the, as Comin-up said, the constant tension method. Nothing wrong with that as he was covering essentially a full ROM. Rob wasn't though.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Phils curls were great, watching rob do 4 reps i closed the video. looked hybrid front raise and curl with poor ROM as already discussed. They are just curls though obviously other things are giving rob his big arms.

Mike33

Mike33

Maybe Rob looses the "tension" if he goes all the whey up on the rep... So that's why he only goes that far, to keep the tension! :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No point if you don't actually contract the muscle through a full ROM.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Who cares if they do full reps - it obvoiusly works pretty well for 'em. When it comes to arms a lot of people feel a better pump/contraction when they don't do a stright full rep - I do that to and arms are one of my better bodyparts.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nah, BS! If we are really talking FULL reps, there was maybe 1-2 FULL reps in that video.

But who actually cares? They both have big arms and they propably still would have big arms no matter how they trained them...

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Eh, at least they weren't performing bicep curls as if they were a full-body, compound movement. I'd rather see a weak range of motion than slinging from the hip.

Y

yardharr

I don't understand that first exercise. Is it to maintain the highest gravity load throughout the movement? That would make sense to me since Phil Heath probably knows what he's doing.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Eh, at least they weren't performing bicep curls as if they were a full-body, compound movement. I'd rather see a weak range of motion than slinging from the hip.

I'm a big fan of the reverse clean and jerk. Great bicep builder :rofl3: