• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

LOST

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've watched it live (at 6.30am in Spain).

What do you guys think about the end of this myth?

My personal opinion: Lost is over, but millions of questions are still unanswered!

lostfinalseason3-1.jpg

Not all the pieces came together...

Anyway, someday I'll talk to my grandsons about LOST :turborun:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry I fell asleep. Is this show still on?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I bet you are not a hardcore Lost fan, are you? LOL.

It's one of the best sci-fi-mythological-religious tv series ever... xD

I'm glad I discovered it 5 years ago.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ I bet you are not a hardcore Lost fan, are you? LOL.

It's one of the best sci-fi-mythological-religious tv series ever... xD

I'm glad I discovered it 5 years ago.

Sorry did you just compare lost to Star Trek, The X-Files, Buffy, Supernatural, etc, etc!?!?!

This show is a soap-opera at best. It isn't ground breaking, it isn't interesting, nothing happens, and the only thing that keeps people involved is the vague story lines and twists. I'm sure that many people would say that the use of vagaries in place of suspense and mystery is what turns them off about this show. X-Files had mystery and suspense, this show just answers a question with a question.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
It took 5 years to resolve this?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry did you just compare lost to Star Trek, The X-Files, Buffy, Supernatural, etc, etc!?!?!

This show is a soap-opera at best. It isn't ground breaking, it isn't interesting, nothing happens, and the only thing that keeps people involved is the vague story lines and twists. I'm sure that many people would say that the use of vagaries in place of suspense and mystery is what turns them off about this show. X-Files had mystery and suspense, this show just answers a question with a question.

X-files is one on my favs, but it can't be compared to Lost in terms of genre. Xfiles is mostly scientific, Lost is about epic and human condition, much more philosophical.

I'm pretty sure most of you guys who talk about Lost didn't watch more than 30-40 episodes, if so.

"Nothing happens?, vague storylines?" -> You simply did not see the show. Lost scripts' must be many thousands papers long.

There is ony two types of people in Lost's perspective: those who didn't watch it/those who didn't want to think about each chapter for hours and the second type are the losties (we have seen the complete 100+ hours of footage, we search about every aspect of the series... including names, places, historical characters).

I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy one of the most memorables tv-series ever. I did. :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
X-files is one on my favs, but it can't be compared to Lost in terms of genre. Xfiles is mostly scientific, Lost is about epic and human condition, much more philosophical.

I'm pretty sure most of you guys who talk about Lost didn't watch more than 30-40 episodes, if so.

"Nothing happens?, vague storylines?" -> You simply did not see the show. Lost scripts' must be many thousands papers long.

There is ony two types of people in Lost's perspective: those who didn't watch it/those who didn't want to think about each chapter for hours and the second type are the losties (we have seen the complete 100+ hours of footage, we search about every aspect of the series... including names, places, historical characters).

I'm sorry you guys didn't enjoy one of the most memorables tv-series ever. I did. :thumbsup2:

The first category: were saved from a mediocre show.
The second category: were bored by the show and rightly gave up on it.
The third category: were clearly the target market and would have been entertained by anything.

You only have to look at the ratings drop that happened after the third season. People had given up on the show!!

I have to commend the show for getting mainstream people interested in sci-fi or similar genre pieces so that production companies are likely to green-light shows in genre pieces and give them a proper run. Lost and Heroes did this, but both ultimately became soapies and were not satisfying for real (sci-fi/genre) fans.

And watch 30-40 episodes :omgwtf:
Fuck!! I'd given up on it much earlier than that, it was so boring!!! I even came back to it several times at various stages to find that nothing had happened. It has only had any movement in the past season. I was amazed with just how lame the story line was; what would normally have been a single season story arc was stretched over 3 (or 4, no idea which). It would have been fine if more was actually happening from episode to episode, but I can remember being continually frustrated with the bread crumb story arc and plot movement, not to mention the melodramatic acting.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^agree with tim, and all of the polt twists just seemed to be nonsensical. Couldn't even get past the first season, although i watched some other episodes down the line since my friends loved the show, and they were even worse :omgwtf:

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Lost script is worse than an anime gone wrong. It's to TV shows what da vinci code was to books. Mediocre work wich made average Joe feel he's cool and smart.

Best sci-fi show? No way.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL, it's funny, you guys watched the show for 10-15-20 episodes and you think you can have a solid opinion on that?

-Nothing happend? LOL, in EVERY single episode (a pair or three are bad) LOTS of things happen, with every answered question they send three or four new ones.

Sorry guys, I'll not discurs with anybody who haven't seen the whole series.

The audiences dropped? Of course, the average Joe doesn't want to think while watching the TV.

Again: I'm sorry for you, I enjoyed it a lot.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ There was thinking required to watch Lost?

I'm sorry but that is just BS. I never walked away from the show thinking about it more. Wereas I was watching Breaking Bad last night and was left with all sorts of thoughts about it (not that I'd rate BB as intellectual).

If you aren't willing to take the viewpoints of people who gave up on the show (note that terminology, we didn't just come in hating this sort of show, we didn't just not watch it at all) as opposed to fans then you are ignoring a large set of critiques. Are you actually denying the fact that the first 3 seasons of story arc would have been a single season story arc in any other genre show? Is this not the trait of a soapie?

Also I'm not the average Joe. I actually do like whitty, intellectual shows. I think Storm hit it on the head: it only made Joe Average feel smart.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Are you actually denying the fact that the first 3 seasons of story arc would have been a single season story arc in any other genre show?

It's not a fact and you are wrong. I accept criticism, but you can`t have a solid opinion on a football match if you watch only 10 out of 90minutes of game.

That's actually a FACT.

I have mates who watched it till last night and they were angry at the series ending. Ok, right, I can talk about this and that with these guys, not with people who ignore the 90% (yes, I don't mind you don't believe it) of the story.

PS: Lost is the first TV-series ever with more audience over the internet than in TV.

---This is my last thread reply.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
What about Arrested Development? Pretty sure the internet had (maybe a minor one) a meltdown when that was canned.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
It's not a fact and you are wrong. I accept criticism, but you can`t have a solid opinion on a football match if you watch only 10 out of 90minutes of game.

That's actually a FACT.

But if I've seen thousands of football matches I can tell by the first 10 minutes of a game if both teams are bullshit and the match is likely gonna be dreadful.

I have mates who watched it till last night and they were angry at the series ending. Ok, right, I can talk about this and that with these guys, not with people who ignore the 90% (yes, I don't mind you don't believe it) of the story.

So, you've enjoyed a tv show. Great. I hope it makes you get more interested in science fiction ("deep-philosophical" or not). If you find Lost is a good topic of conversation with your mates I recommend you reading "Star Maker" ("El hacedor de estrellas" in the spanish version) Wikimedia Error english transcription here: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0601841.txt
You don't want to discuss Lost with people that haven't seen the entire thing. I won't discuss sci-fi with someone who (seems) to lack perspective and/or background. To contilue with the "Da vinci code" analogy, people passionate about the book, in my personal experience, were those that don't usually read novels while heavy readers were like "meh, entertaining, easy read".

PS: Lost is the first TV-series ever with more audience over the internet than in TV.

---This is my last thread reply.

[citation needed]

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about Arrested Development? Pretty sure the internet had (maybe a minor one) a meltdown when that was canned.

What about Family Guy, that got renewed after being cancelled due to fans and the internet?
What about Firefly, that got an entire feature length movie made due to fans and the internet?

Plenty of examples. Lost did have a big audience, but that is because it was pitched at the mainstream and was done in the aforementioned soapie style. This is also what frustrated fans of the genre. I've been amazed at how the ending of Heros and Lost (and the slow demise of V) has been treated by Scifi fans. Most sites just see it as sad that another genre show is biting the dust, but they have very little time for the shows themselves. Whereas the ending of StarGate was a huge talking point.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
What about Family Guy, that got renewed after being cancelled due to fans and the internet?
What about Firefly, that got an entire feature length movie made due to fans and the internet?

Yeah, I'd forgotten that happened to Family Guy.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP

Plenty of examples. Lost did have a big audience, but that is because it was pitched at the mainstream and was done in the aforementioned soapie style. This is also what frustrated fans of the genre. I've been amazed at how the ending of Heros and Lost (and the slow demise of V) has been treated by Scifi fans. Most sites just see it as sad that another genre show is biting the dust, but they have very little time for the shows themselves. Whereas the ending of StarGate was a huge talking point.

Is V getting worse? damn, for once i get the missus to watch a show i wanted to watch... (we've seen 1x08 last).

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Is V getting worse? damn, for once i get the missus to watch a show i wanted to watch... (we've seen 1x08 last).

I've been underwhelmed with V. It has all the right parts but is being overly melodramatic and inconsistent with its plot movements. The original was terrific, this just doesn't seem to progress things as well as it could.

Although having said that, it could actually take a turn for the better. In Australia it has been pulled from prime-time and gotten a late slot, if it does this in America then it may start catering to its actual audience rather than trying to impress people who don't like scifi. I had this discovery with Fringe. The first few episodes sucked ("I'm intelligent because I'm telling you I am rather than actually behaving or displaying this intelligence"), but I recently saw a couple from the second season and was thinking that it was suddenly quite intriguing.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you find Lost is a good topic of conversation with your mates I recommend you reading "Star Maker" ("El hacedor de estrellas" in the spanish version) Wikimedia Error english transcription here: http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks06/0601841.txt

Yeahm I've heard about that book, some pals told me it's pretty damn good... I've read the overview on wikipedia: it's something like "2001: An Space Oddisey" in terms of phisolophy?

What do you think about "Dune"?

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Yeahm I've heard about that book, some pals told me it's pretty damn good... I've read the overview on wikipedia: it's something like "2001: An Space Oddisey" in terms of phisolophy?

What do you think about "Dune"?

I see you're back to the thread ;)

As much as i like 2001 (book and movie) I find "Star Maker" has deeper meanings or, at least, I understood it better (i read 2001 at 14 or so and re-read 4 or 5 years later while I got to read "Star Maker" much more recently).
Anyway you better keep in mind Stapledon wrote that book in the 30's. Back then it seems many authors were concerned about what was better (or "less bad") capitalism, comunism, anarchy... and where would those methods go if taken to the extreme. Said authors used sci-fi and other genres to show their views and doubts (Huxley's "Brave new world" or "Un mundo feliz" in spanish is an example of that as the even earlier "We" "Nosotros" by a russian guy whose name I can't remember).
Some of those points of view, doubts or concerns might seem outdated nowadays although IMHO they are as valid as they were back then just as much as Orwell's 1984 comes to mind with security paranoia and on/offline privacy loss today.

Original (first) "Dune" novel is a good read imo. Nice universe, some good characters and a new twist to space travel. I got tired of rebirths, inmortal people and that "melange" thing after the 3rd book if I recall properly. Haven't re-read those.

Have fun