• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Whey protein price increase?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
----------------------

Whey Protein is going to become very expensive!! - RX Muscle Forums

****Remember 2 years ago when I warned you about the oncoming milk shortage and what it would do to whey protein prices? And across the board whey protein prices rose.....

This makes that look like a blip.

I am forewarning everyone. Two major soft drink company's (here I'll make it easy, they begin with C and P to narrow it down, thats all I'll say).....have pretty much shut down the whey protein industry for the rest of 2010. The one company is coming out with a RTD whey product and the other company and their "Alligatorade" drink (think about it) bought a half a billion pounds of whey protein in which they are going to launch their Ready To Drink protein product. Now to do this they bought up all the raw ingredients from all corners or the earth and even existing product out there to tweak into their product. The other company bought a tremendous amount of whey from Asia which in turn is making a huge shortage here in the United States with manufacturers trying to catch up.

This "Alligatorade" drink company acquisition is going to drive whey protein prices skyrocketing northward. The problem is whey is a byproduct of cheese/dairy and the dairies arent going to start manufacturing more cheese to get more byproduct=whey protein (and throw away the cheese).

So and im strongly warning you on this....STRONGLY...trust me that this is going to happen. They bought up a tremendous amount of raw ingredients of whey isolate to mix into their sugar water. 500 million pounds....The other company bought up a tremendous amount of whey protein concentrate.

Whats this mean to you?

We are going to try our best to hold the line but what we are being told is whey protein could very well go to 2 - 3 times the price per pound of what it currently is. And I mean this across the board from every single protein powder company out there.....and in any and every area of whey protein being sold out there.

We probably are in the process of getting rid of the recession whey protein pricing right today due to this but we are going to try to hold out on everything else as long as we can. You will see whey protein powder prices rise and rise and rise for the next month after month after month elsewhere in stores, in retails sites....everywhere.

Do you still want to "be like Mike"?

My prediction? That sugar water company will abandon this in early 2011 after it fails miserably but the tremendous damage will be done by then.

--------------------------

What do you think?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He makes it sound like cheese and dairy is a once a year production. Besides which if there is a massive price increase you can produce whey straight from the milk without manufacturing cheese.

Not saying he is wrong on the price thing, but he hasn't really got a full understanding of the dairy industry.

R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think it is a little exaggerated. It might increase like he says, but as tim put it cows get milked daily everywhere (twice actually) and cheese is produced from this, its not a once a year procedure where they just take up all the whey left over.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Someone pays someone to warn everyone because of shortage but what it really is is just that they want to lie to get more money :/.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Someone pays someone to warn everyone because of shortage but what it really is is just that they want to lie to get more money :/.
I'm guessing his suppliers were the one's being bought from, ergo his reaction: buy my protein now so I don't go out of business.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
He warned us two years ago that prices would go up?

wow, great job Nostradamus.