• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

is training to muscle failure necessary to build muscle?

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

hi guys,

if i train to muscle failure my next workout becomes sluggish cant push heavy weights i feel tired, i tried to eat more but made my ass fatter than it is!

but if i stop a rep or 2 before muscle failure in my next workout i feel stronger i can lift heavier weights than before i kinda feel strong.

my aim is to build muscles and strength.....what do you think guys?

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Your answer is in your question.
I only go balls to the wall sporadically. Training to failure every time is not the smartest thing to do in training.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I posted two studys on this in the articles section. The one set to failure has been categorically dismissed as inferior.

P

power

You must get stronger in order to get bigger, regardless of which training program you follow.

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

ty guys for the feedback.

one more question regarding training method, do you guys use or tried compensatory acceleration training like lowering the weight slowly and exploding on the way up but you cant use 100% of your max the idea is to to go failure of power not muscles failure bcuz the more power you can generate the stronger you get and more muscles you can build or lowering the weight slowly and up slowly with max weights ? which one is better?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you aren't moving the bar/whatever quickly then you are not fully recruiting higher threshold muscle fibres. Alright you'll never move max weights at the same speed as sub-max but if you are trying to then the activation is there.

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: is training to muscle failure necessary to build muscles

Reaching failure when you are lifting weights is not a requirement for building bigger muscles, and you should leave a few reps in the tank. Some studies show that avoiding failure when working out will actually give you faster gains. You should cut your reps in half and do twice as many sets than what you are doing now.