• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

MD cover - August 2010 (Roelly again!)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
t0nw8x-1.jpg

Steve Gluteman said:
Roelly Winklaar won the NY Pro 2010 and that’s why he’s on our cover again this month: to celebrate this victory. This is Roelly’s third pro show this year; in March he placed 7th at the Arnold; a week later, he placed 3rd at the Australian Pro, behind Kai and Dexter, and on May 8, he nailed the NY Pro win, beating out pros like Dennis Wolf and Toney Freeman! Within a two-month timeframe, from March to May of this year, Roelly gained 10 pounds of muscle. Just how do you put on 10 pounds of solid muscle, without sacrificing condition, in two months?!?! Imagine what he’ll be able to do within the space of five months, as he prepares for the Olympia! And just how many bodybuilders compete four times within the same year? His new goal is to place in the Top 6 at the Mr. O. And for myself, and everyone here at MD, I think we all agree that since Roelly made it here— in New York— he can make it anywhere!

Roelly arrived here from Holland, a week before the Pro. It was his first time in the Big Apple, and on Thursday (May 6th), three days before the Pro, we did a Muscular Development Magazine photo shoot in Manhattan with ace MD photographer Per Bernal, who thought it was one of the best photo shoots he ever did! The first stop was posing at the South Street Seaport; then the Brooklyn Bridge. From there, we visited China Town, and ended the day in Times Square. While we were in Times Square, CNBC approached us and asked if Roelly could appear live on the CNBC show “Fast Company.” We all had a great time! Everywhere we went, people loved Roelly!! Roelly was very approachable, friendly and personable— and the women really seemed to gravitate toward him (wink).

I remember seeing Roelly just one year ago, when he won the Arnold Amateur and being very impressed with his potential. Who would have thought, just one year later, he would be taking the bodybuilding world by storm this way? Right before the Arnold, I offered Roelly a contract, and right after the Arnold, placed him on our cover as Rookie of the Year. We’re so glad to have him as part of Team MD— it’s always so great to discover outrageous new talent— and this new world-shaker not only lived up to the faith MD placed in him— he surpassed it! And continues to do so!! I just knew at the New York Pro, that he would be the surprise of the show!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Roelly's and Phil's: young and huge arms.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Blechman must have a special place in his heart for roelly's glutes.

Lanois

Lanois

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Blechman must have a special place in his heart for roelly's glutes.

jumping on the rx-train I see, I mean the whole blechman bashing was fun for awhile. getting pretty damn annoying listening to romano bash him on every single radio show tho

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Especially considering Romano and Palumbo aren't exactly the greatest either.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
jumping on the rx-train I see, I mean the whole blechman bashing was fun for awhile. getting pretty damn annoying listening to romano bash him on every single radio show tho

LoL so i have to be a Romano and Palumbo fanboy to poke fun at Blechman? Last time i remember Blechman put roelly in the middle of newyork wearing nothing but his posing trunks right before he put him on the cover... He probably was the one who made Kai do the same. Blechman warrants those comments.

Personally, i dont like most of what romano says and only half of what Palumbo says. I do agree it got really annoying when they wouldnt shut up about blechman.

Butt munching aside, MD is my favorite place for sponsored athletes, they have much more video features and their magazine is one of, if not, the best.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
What a monster!

Lol i didnt mean it was terrible, im trying to say, blechman practicaly asks for someone to bust his balls about liking glutes lol

... Yeah it always someone elses fault and Kai is always the victim :bitelip:

LMAO im not saying roell or Kai were victims, im just saying it was probably Blechmans idea to have them naked in new york... atleast they got good pics though..

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff