• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Best 2010 Summer Movie

Best 2010 Summer Movie

• Inception

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Toy Story 3

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Predators

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The A-Team

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Knight & Day

• The Karate Kid

• Total voters
P

Pain

VIP
I haven't actually seen any, so, the movie with the most votes might make me go see that movie.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw inceptioj today, very good movie, i like movie with " open" endings, followed by toy story 3, best animation since UP

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
What a bad summer for movies.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
What a bad summer for movies.
id hate to live in your world of no joy for popular culture. I die a little on the inside knowing how a great guy like you cannot enjoy and bewonder the simple.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
im yet to see toy story 2 so lol.

i want to see karate kid for sure. im also probably going to go see the other guys and the expendables for the lulz.

inception was really an ok movie. id even see it again. I do hate open ending movies tho, especially open ended movies from the guy who does them all the time lololol

Last edited:
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I have yet to see a decent film this summer.

Im hoping Dinner for Schmucks gets somewhat good reviews. But it probably won't.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't seen any of those films as yet. I was looking forward the mindless violence of The A-Team, wanted to see DiCaprio as he has me sold as a decent actor (as long as he dies at the end of the film), and Knight and Day had Riley Finn in it so it should be fun.

followed by toy story 3, best animation since UP
I find this very hard to believe. UP was fantastic and had real sentiment, charm and humour. All the Toy Story films have been cliche kids films.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
From that list, Inception and Toy Story 3. Haven't seen Predators though.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
id hate to live in your world of no joy for popular culture. I die a little on the inside knowing how a great guy like you cannot enjoy and bewonder the simple.
I didn't realize that disliking bad summer flicks was on par with hating popular culture. I have my fair share of guilty pleasures, but those are generally films (or songs, or shows) that either don't take themselves in any-way seriously, or have some sort of sentimental value. Toy Story 3 was nothing but 15-year old punchlines told with a narrative ferocity akin to generationally progressive ADD. Inception was Nolan masturbating for 2.5 hours...on a large pile of money. I haven't seen the latest Twilight but, considering I thought the first two were trash and David Slade (Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night) is one of my least favorite working directors, I can't imagine I'll find it enjoyable. These are stupid movies that propagate stupidity in society and complacency in regard to the arts. Still, I find ways to think about them because I like thinking. I find joy in it. So, even though they're awful films, I still enjoy watching them, because I love watching movies and thinking about movies and having an educated opinion on, you guessed it, movies. Don't worry about me, I'll be alright.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The A-Team and Predators are among the worst film I've seen (paid to see) in years.

Knight & Day looks like it's a pretty shitty movie as well judging from the trailer. So I guess that Inception is the best movie on that list.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Maxmonzter

Maxmonzter

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The A-Team and Predators are among the worst film I've seen (paid to see) in years.

Knight & Day looks like it's a pretty shitty movie as well judging from the trailer. So I guess that Inception is the best movie on that list.

i agree with predators but A-team was awsome

Cork

Cork

I've heard good and bad both about A-Team. I have yet to see it though...

And Line, I don't think that you can learn stupid. The people who go to see those movies (not the ones in that list particularly, except Twilight...) are stupid already.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
And Line, I don't think that you can learn stupid.
People don't learn "stupid" in a broad, encompassing sense but they do learn stupid actions and behavioral patterns, as they (by which I really mean "we") are often subconsciously affected by what's observed thanks to our ability to create culture. Learned behavior is a very real thing and it doesn't help that people are already content in believing that the sole purpose of art, in terms of a social scale, is provocation.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People don't learn "stupid" in a broad, encompassing sense but they do learn stupid actions and behavioral patterns, as they (by which I really mean "we") are often subconsciously affected by what's observed thanks to our ability to create culture. Learned behavior is a very real thing and it doesn't help that people are already content in believing that the sole purpose of art, in terms of a social scale, is provocation.

There is also a laziness aspect to it. People like to switch off and unwind; movies are the ultimate for this because of the shear grandeur of the escapism. I've never understood how the most horrendous and idiotic films and TV shows go onto great financial success. There can't be that many stupid people out there, but they are joined by the people who want to be stupid, those that want to just cruise along and not challenge themselves.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Just came back from Predators, and it was fucking awful! Good thing is that the price was only 3.50 euro, but still too much for a shit like that.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I saw Toy story and Karate kid and must say they both suck Line's balls, oh and i dont have the stomach to see "Eclipse".

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I saw Dinner for Schmucks last night.

It was ****ing terrible.

Long, boring, and pointless.

P

Pain

VIP
Is it safe to say that mainstream movies are still horrible? I don't really go to the cinema much as blu-ray quality movies always look better than the big screen.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ DVD is often better than the cinema anyway. This is especially so with the action films; the short, choppy editing and often crappy camera work (handcam, etc) just can't be taken in on a really big screen.