• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2010 Teen nationals: Who should have won?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I haven't seen people talking about the teen nationals that just happened, but the final decision was definitely controversial.

Who do you think should have won?

Nick Medici, Larry Morrison, Cody Lewis?
Also, in the lightheavy weight class with Nick Medici was the runner up Ken Jones, who I thought looked really complete. I wouldnt have argued if he beat Nick, and then did battle in the overall.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Care to post some pics?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Cody Lewis

MG 1572wtmkJPG 1

Nick Medici

MG 1459wtmkJPG 1

Larry Morrison

MG 1428wtmkJPG 1

Ken Jones

MG 1517wtmkJPG 1

Last edited by a moderator:
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Overall Posedown

MG 0725wtmk RCXBDDGLFDJPG 1

MG 0723wtmk DSGMVSQUYTJPG 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Cody Lewis for sure! the guy was unreal. Lights out!

I guess Gaspari sponsorship has it's ways of winning shows..

but Cody was bigger, harder and with better condition.

FlexFan

FlexFan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The back shot says it all...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Cody lewis' muscularity was unbeleiveably for a teen.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Both Cody and Larry looked better than Nick...terrible judging. But as others have said Nick won the show before it even began with his sponsorships. Damn joke

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Sometimes i dont get a lot of teen bodybuilders that are not natural. Im not talking about these guys specifically because idk anything about them but i mean generally. There are a lot of teens with great genetics that DONT need steroids to be impressive, its like they are in such a hurry to accomplish something. Seems like a lot of hem feel like they are in a race. If you have great genetics then you can improve fast with great training and diet. You have a lot of testosterone at that age so whats the point of juicing? Seems like a lot of people feel like they HAVE TO do all they possibly can while their young to be great bodybuilders in the future but so many pro's have shown that its not the case. Cedric McMillan, Ronnie Coleman, Ed Nunn all started getting seriously into bodybuilding later in their lives. I guess its just a matter of opinion but i think its really unnecessary for a teen bodybuilder to juice while they are so young.

What do you guys think?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sometimes i dont get a lot of teen bodybuilders that are not natural. Im not talking about these guys specifically because idk anything about them but i mean generally. There are a lot of teens with great genetics that DONT need steroids to be impressive, its like they are in such a hurry to accomplish something. Seems like a lot of hem feel like they are in a race. If you have great genetics then you can improve fast with great training and diet. You have a lot of testosterone at that age so whats the point of juicing? Seems like a lot of people feel like they HAVE TO do all they possibly can while their young to be great bodybuilders in the future but so many pro's have shown that its not the case. Cedric McMillan, Ronnie Coleman, Ed Nunn all started getting seriously into bodybuilding later in their lives. I guess its just a matter of opinion but i think its really unnecessary for a teen bodybuilder to juice while they are so young.

What do you guys think?

You tell me. You're part of the instant gratification generation.

I personally think it is just a symptom of a larger societal change. People aren't willing to spend several years working towards something. They are wanting everything now. Whether this be credit card debt, AAS, most weight loss programs, "diet" plans, etc we now have a large proportion of people that want the shortcut or quick fix. People don't want to learn, they want the answer, even if it is meaningless to them without the learning surrounding it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We are definitely a generation who want instant gratification.

My opinion is that these teens should build there base naturally first. Build an impressive strength base, learn perfect from on exercises, learn your body, learn what works for you in building mass, losing fat. Do some bodybuilding competitions naturally, etc.

I think a perfect example of this is Kai Greene. Despite his amazing genetics, he built a hell of a base for a long time without AAS. Yes, I believe he was drug free while winning the Team U, and before hand as well. After accomplishing a lot, and learning himself inside and out, he took AAS. And he BLEW up!!
As much as his genetics are a huge factor, the fact that he understands how to manipulate his body without drugs, made his gains with drugs astronomical. The same wouldn't be nearly as likely for someone at a young age looking for a quick answer.

Mike33

Mike33

I think Cody should have won, looked awsome and man THOSE LEGS!! =)

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
not even close....cody of course