• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Please Read This-Regarding Site Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Hey all,

Hope this helps..

#1 - Issues regarding permissions - There are some people that are members of numerous usergroups. Sometimes this can effect permissions if the usergroups have different settings. members are supposed to only be in one usually.

Keep in mind that the usergroups will be changing soon and we will be using a different system. Having soo many groups is very hard to work with.

#2 - If you do have any issues, please do not pm me. Please contact me by e-mail only or I may never get your request. If you e-mail me I will try to take care of your request asap.

errors.notification@gmail.com -- just copy and paste it--

Remember this site is brand new. It is not the old site upgraded. The old site was too messed up. This is a brand new site that is using the data from the old site--

#3 -- Missing Posts or Attachments - Most of what I pruned were posts that were made in 2006 but some of the very largest attachments and posts were lost during the transfer. Pain and I discussed this on whether it would be important to move these posts back and we determined it wasn't. I only removed posts that were not recently viewed or accessed.

Please give me some time to take care of everything.. Soon the site will be better than it ever was.

Thanks all,

Rich
Talk Internet Community Services

Reactions: tkD
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rich I can appreciate the change-over, you're doing a great job!

I'm liking a lot of the new features and a lot of the teething problems are pretty minor issues. As a mod I can say everything is running so much more smoothly now, you have definitely made some great improvements here.

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
That is nice to hear Tim, Thanks.. I am trying but things will be so much better once we get the basics fixed such as the usergroups. The majority of the problems with Avatars, people not seeing VIP forums etc all stem from usergroup permissions. Not to mention every mod I install that requires permissions means I will have to go and set each usergroup one at a time. This is why a few people were not seeing the shoutbox before..

Seriously though, you haven't seen anything yet! Once I get all of this crap stuff out of the way, bug fixes, basics I will be working on the real goodies... We have big, big plans..

I gotta tell you though, being a mod is so helpful to the site. It really means everything being able to have some trustworthy guys looking out for things. I guess we are a team in reality so it's all good!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the hard work as well. It is nice to know I am not the only one working for the future of the site. :)

Rich

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Some other minor changes that you will notice soon are some minor color changes to the text that is hard to read, new buttons..as you can see the new thread buttons are now a shade similiar to that in the logo but I have to fix this. I only changed it because they were black before and barely visible.

There are also some really minor alignment issues in certain areas of the site when the site is viewed with certain resolutions..I hope to fix that soon and I also want to add a side column to the main forum page where we can have a couple polls and some recent threads or maybe popular threads...

This is all the minor stuff--The big stuff will be coming after and will be more of a surprise really.

####-Fixing the smileys too

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.