• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

It is decided

Aeugh

Aeugh

Enough talk!

Current stats:
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Bodyfat: Never calculated, but abs are visible at all times

Benchpress: 205 lbs.
Squat: 295 lbs.
Deadlift: 385 lbs.
*only chalk

I've been training for 3 and a half years or so, but the first ~2 years were wasted because I didn't know what I was doing. I plan to level up my strength and endurance to build a strong fantastic body that will strike fear and envy into the hearts of men. I will commandeer their wives, sisters, and mothers. :borat:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Hello Conan!

Good stats. Whats your workout structure like?

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Impressive introduction, Aeugh, train hard.

Aeeugheuaehegauegghaeeugheuaehegauegghaeeugheuaehegaueggh...

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Funny u said your first years were wasted. While i didnt know shit the first 2 years of training, i improved the most in each of those years then i ever have lol. Im thinking it was just the initial shock to my body at a young age.

Anyways, hope to see some improvement here..

Last edited:
Aeugh

Aeugh

Lat and Chest

Flat bench-
135lbs X 15
185lbs X 6
155lbs X 11
Seated cable row-
150lbs X 10
...immediately back to
Flat bench-
135lbs X 10
Hammer grip chin-up-
12 X bodyweight
8 X body+25lbs

SUPERSET
Pec fly-
25's X 10
Dumbell straight-arm pull-over-
50lbs X 12
.. and again
Pec fly-
30's X 8
Dumbell straight-arm pull-over-
60lbs X 12
Behind-neck pulldowns with second hold on bottom-
160lbs X 10
170lbs X 4

13 sets, ~1 hour.
Comments- Went in without a plan and failed to use time efficiently. Should have limited to only one cable workout for back and put in a heavy rowing movement, either bent-over rows or t-bar rows. Should have spent less time volumizing flat bench and put more effort into repping out 185lbs, and then used the rest of my energy on incline bench. Also, training lat chest after total shoulder fatigue from shoulder workout night before may not be the best choice.

Wow thanks for the positive feedback already. Now it feels like there's no way to ***** out again in my life.

And it's true, it was not a waste. My biggest gains were during that first 8 month period of training. It wasn't my intent to discredit the beginner stage of training. It was a necessary step that everyone has to go through, some take longer than others. It just took me a long time to realize that workouts should be progressing in difficulty as I get stronger, and breaking those first few plateaus could have been more efficient is all I meant.

And regarding my training schedule- Most of my training up until the most recent months has been pretty high volume, which I'm thankful for since I did more reps overall and figured out form better than if I were to have less experience. These days about 6 day a week, making sure to do a powerlift or an intense compound lift and to push my limits on it, with accessory lifts on top to destroy the muscle group. Every 2 or 3 days I will work out twice a day. I work calves almost every workout, so almost every day. Usually I focus on doing one exercise to complete exhaustion, either leg press raises raises with one legs as well, standing calf raises, or seated calf raises with barbell, and tibialis on occassion. And I make sure to work either an opposing muscle group, or something unrelated that I haven't done in a while, just to get a little HGH shock. I do all sorts of combinations of muscles but I tend to combine these types of exercises in a workout, anywhere from 10-20+ sets:
-all sorts of chest pressing sometimes dips with all sorts of rowing or pulling movements for lats and/or reardelt-upperback. Sometimes I replace this day with an outdoor playground workout day, which includes lots of pullups, chinups, bodyweight rows, pushups, dips, and hanging abdominal workouts.
-heavy deadlifting with stiff-legged DL's and/or goodmornings, always with hamstring curls and ideally combined with some type of hip flexor abdominal movement. If I really got pumped up that day and watched a "Yeah buddy" compilation of Ronnie before going to the gym, I will do freebar walking lunges with a 45 plate a side for about 30 meters or as much as possible. Will usually do forearms on this day just to finish em off.
-all sorts of freebar squats with quad extensions to leg press superset. This is the day I'm most likely to experiment with new exercises or new combinations since its typically quick but deadly.
-shoulder presses, raises, rows, combined with power cleans and shrugs. Clean and press sometimes.
*on any day it is not unusual to do either bicep, tricep, or both; forearms; front, side, /or rear delts, traps. Or a few sets of any other muscle group, I'm no longer strict with spill over. In fact I want as much as possible.
What about abs? Well for the past year I've been doing abs every day 30 minutes non-stop (just like Arnie told me to in the Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding), but since I've started to drastically reduce the number of sets and focus on pushing my limits I've neglected abs almost completely...time to play the Rocky IV soundtrack.

I'll post some pics when I'm feeling properly hypertrophic again.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Seems like you're all over the place. I have a few things i want to say but i feel like other members can be more helpfull since i learned a lot from them, best to hear the advice from someone more knoledgeable. Also, try not to leave a huge wall of text since its hard on the reading impaired (me lol).

You have a ways to go to have a routine with decent structure but in this forum you will get there in no time.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice session man, intense and strong! keep it up!

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
So essentially you have no set workout template or plan?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Yeh i agree with dilated. I suggest you research around and find a routine suitable to the goals your looking for. Your training will be so much more organised.