• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Your 5 most prized possessions

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Just making up a thread for the hell of it...

As the title says, what are your top 5 most prized possessions? What would you be devastated to lose?

Mine
  1. My wedding ring - requires no explanation.
  2. My leopards claw from Africa - when trekking in Zimbabwe with my Dad and brothers we found a leopard that had been killed by a lion. My Dad's favourite place in the world is Africa and he in particular loves leopards. Our guide removed some of the claws and had them made into pendants for us (which we then had to illegally smuggle back into Oz). Since then "The Brotherhood of the Claw" has become our private joke at family weddings.
  3. My MP3 player and MP3 collection - I would die of boredom without my music.
  4. My lifting belt - I've finally broken the ****er in and consider it indispensable.
  5. My wedding suit and/or my leather jacket - I'm grasping at straws here because I couldn't think of anything else. Either my wedding suit because its my favourite tailored suit (although its a wee bit tight right now) or my leather jacket which I picked up for 10 quid in London which miraculously fits me perfectly (nothing ever fits me perfectly because I'm a well-built midget).

Don't be shy...:cool-smiley-026:

H

HandyMart777

Cool thread!

1.) My motorcycle - It's a Yamaha YZF-R1. It is my favorite sport bike. 1000cc of pure, unadulterated power.
2.) My guitar - It is made by Breedlove. The guitar is an acoustic-electric with L. Bragg electronics. It has abalone inlay all along the outside of the guitar, as well as the fretboard. The sound compares to high-end Taylors/Martins.
3.) PS3 - I don't play it often, but I am so busy all of the time, that when I finally have some down-time, I like to unwind by gaming out a bit.
4.) My computer - It isn't fancy by any means, but I need it for school and it has all of my documents for school/work on it.
5.) My girlfriend - As all of us know, women are objects, put here by God to be our personal possessions and satisfy our dietary needs, sexual desires and bare our children.

...I'm just kidding about that last one... I just couldn't think of a fifth item haha.

Cork

Cork

Just kidding about 5, eh? Well I assume Freako meant purely monetary items? I think I'd have to just go with the most expensive things I own...

1) My car. Nothing special, just a Ford Fusion. It's well kept though, 3 years old and drives like it's brand new. I really like the idea of not having to make a car payment for once in my life so I plan on taking very good care of it and driving it for as long as I can

2) My PC. I spent a good chunk of dough on it and almost everything I own is on it. I've ripped my DVDs, CDs, photo albums, everything. I would be pissed if I lost all that.

3) My drum set. I'm not a talented musician, but I do really love to just sit down and bang away. I'm not very creative, but I have fun playing other people's music.

4) My Maui Hook necklace. I went to Hawaii once and fell in love with the damn place. I've never enjoyed anywhere nearly as much. I loved the land, the people and the customs. The Maui hook is one of the legends of how the Islands came to be, and I just wanted something to remember the islands from. It's a platinum pendant with koa wood embossed on the front.

5) Damnit I can't think of a 5th one either. I don't own many impressive things. I guess my 5th would be my PS3 as well. If I'm not on my PC, I'm playing on that.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
1. My Guitars. I would probably end up killing myself without them.
2. iPod and music libraries. (See post number 1 for reasoning).
3. I have a little handmade wooden box with all this intricate woodwork on it that I keep all this shit I found when I was a kid.
4. I'd say my computer as well because it is where I spend most of my time.
5. Finding it hard like everyone else to fill the list haha so I'll say that my newly acquired blackberry or my chuckies or my weightbelt.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
1. pet bird
2. my penis (even if rarely used)
3. car
4. pc
5. weight lifting belt

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
1. My PC
2. Xbox
3. My Artwork
4. Some old pictures
5. My AC

As you can see i have little of value.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
LOLOLOL troLOLOL

and wtf everybody says weightlifting belt when they don't have anything to say...

Dude, I ****ing love my belt.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I dont like my belt. i only use it during the heavier sets or whenever i feel too much pressure in my gut (which isnt too often) so my belt is still pretty ****en stiff. How long does it take to break it in? is there a shortcut? lol I've used friends belts in the past that were broken in and old, they felt so awesome.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
I like my belt.. but it's not my 5th most prized possession! lolol

@dilated: just use it.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I've had it for a year and a half and made very little progress in breaking it in :(

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Dilated: Do you have a proper 10mm powerlifting belt or a "bodybuilding belt"?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
this gives me an idea for a thread.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Dilated: Do you have a proper 10mm powerlifting belt or a "bodybuilding belt"?

hmm, idk, my belt looks very similar to this..

00618554000_1245776459790hei500wid500op_-1.jpg

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^"Bodybuilding belt". If you think that's a ***** to break in then have a go at a powerlifting belt. 10mm of stiff leather, if they don't leave bruising then you aren't using them properly.

008_F-1.jpg

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
That belt looks pretty awesome. I didnt know much about belts so i just grabbed whichever. I dont like how my belt is so damn wide on the back... I guess ill buy a new belt someday lol not soon though, i dont use my belt that much anyways and ever since i started doing a lot of compound movements, my core is much stronger and im using my belt less and less.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
My belt would be wider than yours...

I can't even use those shitty bodybuilding belts anymore. It feels as though I may as well be lifting without for all the carryover its worth. I read an article from Louie Simmons (powerlifting guru) who said that when the only option he had was those belts he would just put it on backwards.

Do a forum search for belts, there's a pretty good article about them somewhere.

Last edited:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Well i guess its just the transition from wide to narrow, creates those angles leading up to the wide instead of on straight width.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
1-My car, still paying it. This shit takes most of my money, but it was impossible to follow my schedule without it.
2-PC.
3-something to play my music.
4-my 240kg plates.
5-my blender, cause all the tasty albumin I have to swallon.