• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

5 week diet to lose 10lbs. Please critique

P

Pain

VIP
I've been on a low carb/high protein diet for the past 4 weeks but now I want to set out a diet to try and drop the last 10lbs in 5 weeks. Will be starting this on monday.

bodyfat - 9 or 10%
weight 160lbs
height - 5'11

Wake up 5:20am
10g of L-Glutamine,5g BCAA's, multi vitamins.

5:45am
walk 4 miles to work.

6:45am meal 1
Whey Protein shake
2 slices of burgen bread

9:00am meal 2
100g tuna (in oil) with a salad
25g almonds
flaxseed oil tablet

10:30am meal 3
whey protein shake

12pm meal 4
200g chicken breast
100g vegies
2 slices of burgen bread

2pm (pre-workout) meal 5
whey protein shake
50g oatmeal

(walk 1.5 miles to gym)

2:30pm weight training

3:30pm (post-workout) meal 6
whey protein shake
20g maltodextrin
20g dextrose

(walk 1.5 miles home)

4:00pm meal 7
200g chicken breast
50g of whole grain pasta

6:00pm meal 8
Tuna salad w/ vegies

9:00pm meal 9
casein shake

2213 cals
260g protein
116g carbs
56g fat

Will have a high carb day every saturday.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Holy crap. You're cutting more weight?

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How have the symptomns from gout been lately? I am asking bc your diet looks like it is high in protein but exact measurements are not represented so I can't be sure.

P

Pain

VIP
How have the symptomns from gout been lately? I am asking bc your diet looks like it is high in protein but exact measurements are not represented so I can't be sure.

I take 200mg of Celecoxib everyday. I only get symtpoms when I go off it for 3-4 days. I also found out that seafood like shrimp or lobster triggered it more than anything else.

Holy crap. You're cutting more weight?

I wann try and get really lean. I also just started seeing viens popping out of my left shoulder the other week. Now I want to see viens in my chest.

I think with another 10lbs of fat cut I should look sometihng like Bale in American Psycho. Maybe 15lbs. I dunno. What bf% was Bale in the movie? I'd then like to do a very long clean bulk and really focus on putting on muscle. My goals and situation over the past few years has interfered a lot with gaining muscle mass.

jh81h3-1.jpg

20h6a8-1.png

13z1xxx-1.png

Hopefully I don't lose too much weight and end up looking like this.

2cehxyu-1.jpg

lol

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pain I have a reply written out for you but I cant seem to post it. Every time I click post reply I receive an internal error. I Pmed it to you. If you can copy it and post it into the thread that would be great.

was unable to send in a pm for the same reason i could not post it.

Last edited:
P

Pain

VIP
Try posting it again. There should be nothing wrong with the server.

P

Pain

VIP
Question:

I want to replace the almonds pre workout with oatmeal. How much oatmeal is a good ammount to take? I was thinking around 50g of oatmeal which is around 30g of carbs.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just a few thoughts and some input. Energy that your body does not readily convert into ATP or store as glycogen gets stored as fat. Looking at the breakdown of your calories I would change a few things because of how the human body metabolizes the calories we eat. But first, do you require more fat than most people to maintain an average bodyweight? If you do then I would ignore my suggestions b/c you will probably lose to much weight to fast. IF you do not need more fat than most people to maintain a normal bodyweight then my suggestions should work well for you.

I would lower your fat to 40 g a day. I would do this for a few reasons. First, you do not weigh a lot and 80 grams of fat is excessive when you look at the roles we know fat plays physiologically. Also,physiologically, fat does a lot less than carbohydrates and protein. You are likely not as lean as you could be and have lower energy levels than you could have due to the fact that the human body does not use fat as effectively as it does carbohydrates to synthesize ATP (your cellular energy).

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HAving dropped your fat down to 40 grams we now have more calories we can disperse to carbohydrates and protein. 44g fat x 9 calories per 1 gram of fat=396 calories.

My reasoning is as follows. Total calories will determine your bodyweight along with the physical activity you do. I am going to give you more calories from the nutrition that the human body makes the most ATP out of, this should increase energy levels so you can do more work with the same amount of calories. That should allow you to drop weight and maintain a higher energy level. Also you will be less acidic. Protein, as I am sure you know, is used to build structures and make enzymes in the human body. I would drop the protein consumption down b/c 260 grams of protein is excessive for a person of your weight. Now Do not be concerned about losing muscle. The protein you were eating was not all going to building/ maintaining tissue. Most of the protein you ingested was likely being synthesized into glycogen any ways or entering into cellular respiration at a stage where less ATP is generated than had those same calories been eaten from carbohydrates. The human body has the most enzymes for synthesizing ATP from carbohydrates. I am acknowledging that different people do respond differently and the fact that you have been on a low carb diet for 4 weeks will probably have made you hyper sensitive to carbohydrates, but you should readjust after a week or so.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So the total calories you have to work with after taking away the calories from 40 grams of fat are as follows:
2213 calories - 360calories = 1853 calories.

40g fat x 9 = 360 calories 16% calories from fat

2213 x .55 = 1217 calories 55% calories from carbohydrates 1217= 300 grams of carbohydrates. I rounded down.
2213x .29= 641 calories 29% calories from protein = 160 grams of protein. I rounded down.

360 calories = 40grams fat
1200 calories = 300grams carbohydrates
640 calories = 160grams protein
2200 total calories

I do like the idea of eating small meals often and almost staying hungry all day. Your hormones will work in your favor for weight loss lean tissue maintenance when you eat like that.

If you wanted to split this into 9 meals i would do so with the ratios of how your calories are divided. Meaning each meal should be close to the 16% fat 55% carbohydrates and 29% protein.The only time I would deviate from this is where research has shown it to be beneficial. I would increase protein post workout only b/c protein synthesis is increased at that time. I am also noticing that a lot of your protein is derived form whey protein. I am not usually a big fan of whey protein in high amounts any where except post workout because of how quickly it digests and passes through the body, but you are not ingesting it in high amounts.

P

Pain

VIP
You know your stuff. I'll work on the diet and change it up.

So, you suggest 300g's of carbs.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes. The carbohydrates are high bc i took the excess calories from fat and transferred them as described above. glycogen is your body main fuel source. I would expect you to hold on to water and be puffy for the first 1-2 weeks after the switch. After you are use to eating carbohydrates again you should lean out like you were but have more energy. I expect your bodyweight to increase and fluctuate some bc you will have more starch in your muscles and more water binding to that starch. But Once you are use to things again you should lean out just like you were and be more full than you are now. That will give you the appearance of being leaner. More starch and water inside the muscle. You can always take apple cider vinegar like Iron Slave suggests. ACV and acetic acid both increase glut4 receptors on skeletal muscle. That means more starch will be transported to the inside of your muscles cells. The more starch inside the cell the more water inside the cell the fuller and more ripped you look. If you decide to use the ACV 2 tbsp before 4 meals is more than enough.

From that point you drop your calories when you plateau. PM me to tell me how things have been working for you. Or you can update this thread. I expect you to lean out based on the fact that you are giving your body the nutrition in the amounts that it generally requires it and that your calories are low when you take in to account all the walking you do every day.

Ben

Last edited:
P

Pain

VIP
I re-worked my diet.

Wake up 5:20am
10g of L-Glutamine,5g BCAA's, multi vitamins.

6:45am meal 1
Whey Protein shake
100g oatmeal

9:00am meal 2
100g tuna with a salad
100g whole grain pasta
25g almonds

10:30am meal 3
whey protein shake

12pm meal 4
100g chicken breast
2 slices burgen bread
100g vegies
25g almonds

2pm (pre-workout) meal 5
100g chicken
100g oatmeal

2:30pm weight training

3:30pm (post-workout) meal 6
whey protein shake
100gg oatmeal

4:00pm meal 7
100g chicken breast
50g of whole grain pasta

6:00pm meal 8
100g Tuna
100g vegies

9:00pm meal 9
casein shake
25g almonds

180g carbs from oatmeal
105g carbs from pasta
20g carbs from burgen bread
90g protein from chicken
40g protein from tuna
40g protein from whey
20g protein from casien
34g fat from almonds

305g carbs
190g protein
34g fat

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We are theorizing a lot right now. The best way to see what works is to try it out. I would try out the plan you are more confidant in using. The revisions look very reasonable. I think you will achieve the results you are expecting. If it comes down to it drop the calories some to get over a plateau. I do realize that the calories probably feel very low with the workload you are doing and I think that will be low enough to get that last bit of weight off that you are trying to lose.

P

Pain

VIP
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll try it for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am actually happy you said I could eat more carbs. I've been doing around 100-120 carbs for the past 4 weeks and felt like death for the most part.

1 more question.

Does my wake up (meal) seem ok...

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, thanks for the help. I'll try it for 2 weeks and see what happens. I am actually happy you said I could eat more carbs. I've been doing around 100-120 carbs for the past 4 weeks and felt like death for the most part.

1 more question.

Does my wake up (meal) seem ok...

Never a problem to talk talk nutrition. Yes, i think your wake up meal is an excellent idea. You are stimulating a positive nitrogen balance and the release of anabolic hormones before you do cardiovascular exercise. The studies show that you lose more fat and maintain more muscle doing that. Your breakfast is a great choice for the goal you have.

P

Pain

VIP
cool. I might try and ditch coffee all together and stick to green tea.

The only problem with adding all these extra carbs is that I have to grind my oatmeal and then drink it with water. I have no time to cook it during the day or time. Plus, drinking it gets it down quicker.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ahaha that works though. When i was still lifting hard i use to do the same thing. take and mix almond butter w oatmeal and chocolate protein in a blender.

P

Pain

VIP
Yea, I used to drink oatmeal all the time when I was really into bbing. Over the past few months I've caught the iron bug again. I've never stopped working out or watching what I ate but it wasn't serious enough. I feel good about doing this diet.

I think the worst thing I ever mixed together because I was in a rush was tuna and cottage cheese in a blender. Didn't go down very well. I might add cinnamon to the shakes for taste.

All my meals are prepared for tomorrow up till 3:30pm because after that I'll be going home.