• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Diet input

A

amtz

Hi folks,

This is sorta a re-post of something I posted a while back so I'll make this "as to the point" as I can...

After basically a 1 1/2 I left weights for good, but kept myself busy in other physical activity such as soccer and such... At first I did gain some weigh that with-in months I managed to flush through the toilet!!! (Maybe because all my life I have been thin and so is my family background).

Today I decided to get my ass back into the gym to achieve a cut physique rather than bulk up. I'm not going to get much into detail of my work-out, but I may add how smoked I was with the 5x5 work-out with little weight. I started out with a 10 minute run at a fast pace that ended up early since the trent craped out!! I'm aiming for a mile run and take it from there as time passes. After my run I aimed the abs with 3 work-outs 3 sets each of 15-20 reps taking it to failure in the last set and last but not least I moved on to chest & biceps with a 10 minute jog to wrap it up!

Work-out plan:
I will work on my abs 3 times a week with 2-3 days off the gym (Again this is just an example of what I will be doing for the next 5 to 6 weeks to gain strengh mainly)

Abs/Chest/Biceps
Legs/Shoulders
Abs/Triceps/Back
an so on.....

Now what I really need input is on diet!! Remember my plan is to trim down NOT bulk up!!

+My day starts @ 6:30 am & I ate the followig
Cereal with almonds/strawberrys/nuts in skim milk
+10:00 am scrambled egg with ham
+2:00 pm 2 meat balls with handful of rice
+5:00 pm handful of almunds
+7:00 pm 2 meat balls with handful of rice
+10:00 pm a can of tuna if not melon in low fat cotage cheese

Again my diet is NOT based only on this meals just want to make sure if my timing and amount is correct. As well I will cut away salt or at least I wont add any more than the one used for cooking and yes I'm drinking water only or all natural freshly squeezed juice or tea. No supps in the mean time aside from Omega oils and Chlorophyl for healt benefit.

So how does it look?? I also wanted to ask if it's ok to eat for example a Rib-eye cooked using Pam to prevent it from sticking with a side baked potato with some butter and bits of ham and maybe some steamed veggies??

Any ideas for my diet will be greatly appreciated

CHEERS!!!:biggrin:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
you're eating a pretty small quantity of protein. And it may not be a good idea to eat melon before u go to bed because of the sugar. Do u drink protein shakes? you can replace cereal with oatmeal and have a shake on the side as well as one or two other times throughout the day on top of what you're currently eating.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
you need way more protein in every meal.

this can be in form of :

meat
fish
eggs
shakes..

use whatever you like the most just make sure you're consuming at least 20-30 g of protein per meal.

A

amtz

Thanks guys!

Yesterday like I said was my first day so the meals were sorta crapy and I also focused more in the low calorie intake... I'll post of what I pretend on eating through out the day today so you all feel free to post opinions that way I will have time to modify my eating plan for today.

6:30 am I ate a cup of yogurt mixed with cereal with a natural bar
10:00 am I will be eating a slice of bread with ham/white cheese/frijoles
12:00 I will be eating a low calorie tuna can
2:30 I will be eating a Rib-eye with steamed veggies and a baked potato
5:00 I will eat some fruit
7:00 I will eat a chicken sandwich with white cheese/lettuce/tomato/1 strip of bacon
If I'm still awake around 9 or 10 I'll go for 2 spoons of low fat cottage cheese

Any input on this??

I'll buy ON 100% Whey/ ON Casein Protein/ Amino Acids & a Multi for supps (Absolutely NO Nitric Oxygen products my heart can't take the extra rush!!)

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LOL @ frijoles, im mexican :p

dude put like atleast 4 slices of ham on that.

Why eat just fruit at 5? Do u workout around that time? i can see the sugar being good pre workout and also the other benefits from fruit but having fruit as one meal isnt that good... like Natzo said- protein, protein, protein.

Great choice on the supplemets

A

amtz

Thanks "paisano" :p

I guess I'll eat more in the morning since I can take the extra fuel to get me running through out the day... Just remember my goal is cut down not get big!

GRACIAS HERMANO :biggrin:

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Well if u wanna cut down you may not want to take in so much sugar in the afternoon through eating fruit... Increasing your protein doesnt hinder the cutting process.. Im dieting right now, im eating more protein and im losing fat.

S

superman1

Eat more protein in every meal.
Like: meat, fish and eggs ...

C

Chalmers

Hi amtz,
I think you should take more protein in your diet.
Do add more protein shakes and egg related food in your diet plan.

A

amtz

Thanks for your reply!

It's been a while since I originally posted this topic... Everything went superb! I lost between 20 to 30 lbs. aprox I achieved the beach body type I was aiming for and got my six pack and veins pumped! It was a hell of a ride ;)

Today I stopped dieting completely since it doe get pretty damn boring, but I will soon start all over again just need some mental relief

CHEERS!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff