• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

weights or cardio

T

taylorrmj

Hey I just started my diet plan and its been about 3weeks and iv'e been doing weights like 4 times a week and cardio about 3times at 30min a day i weigh myself and notice that iam gaining weight in which i dont want iam all ready a big guy(not muscle big) and need to lose about 100lb so should i cut back on the weights and do more cardio or keep lifting hope that i will lose the weight faster:confused-smiley-013???? thanks

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
If you're gaining weight you are eating too much...

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He may or may not be eating too much food. If you just started working out you will experience the gains that a new lifter experiences and it might take your weight a few weeks for your bodyweight to plateau and actually start dropping.

But skeptic might also be correct and you may be eating too much food. I suggest that you work with someone who can measure your body composition. I have worked with patients that fluctuate 10 lbs a day towards the beginning of their program.

I would not make any changes to your routineuntil you are sure what the actual issues are.

Last edited:
T

taylorrmj

Well iam only eating about 2000 calories a day and burning about 400-600 cal a day but i will keep doing what iam doing for about a month to see what happens thanks

Aeugh

Aeugh

Numbers can be deceiving. There is a good chance that you are losing fat and gaining muscle, but since muscle weighs quite a bit more misconceptions can occur. Definitely continue doing both, as increased muscle mass will also increase your basal metabolic rate, which will mean more fat loss. Instead of looking at the scale every week, take a picture. As a bonus in about a year you can have an awesome transformation stop-motion video.