• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Forearm to Upper Arm ratio

l12l21l2012l

l12l21l2012l

Whats the proper proportions for upperarm to forearm?

Bi relaxed : 19.5''
Bi flexed (cold): 20.9"
Forearm : 15"
Wrist: 8"

i'm having hard time adding mass to my forearm. i cant training them hard cuz i need them fully recovered for back and arms work out.

tips and advices are appreciated.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i'm having hard time adding mass to my forearm. i cant training them hard cuz i need them fully recovered for back and arms work out.

My advice is that you re-read your own post. Read the first sentence and then the second and realise that your answer is right there!

Also what exercises do you actually use? If you reply wrist curls then you have another answer there as well.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats the proper proportions for upperarm to forearm?

Bi relaxed : 19.5''
Bi flexed (cold): 20.9"
Forearm : 15"
Wrist: 8"

Train them on the same day, but after, you train back and biceps.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
my forearms are still lagging but i have brought them up simply by decreasing my use of straps and using more free weights. Either way, what are good excercises for forearms? i dont know many other then wrist curl variations.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
farmer walks, deadlifts, kroc rows, BB rows... anything that makes you grip something heavy for a while. Strapless of course.
That will work better than wrist curls.

Oh and if you give preference to biceps-triceps-back and everything else over forearms then don't be surprised if your forearms lag behind.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wrist roller, thick bar work, plate pinches, timed holds, etc.

On the ratio thing: I've always aimed for double my wrist size, but I have tiny wrists. The real answer is that your proportions look right. My forearms look ok but not big next to my upper arms, and my arms are in proportion to my upper body.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ lol i have girly wrist so i must be about right with that 2 x Wrist= Forearm. You made my day lol

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Bear in mind that I'm not aiming to be huge. So my ratio is not what everyone will aim for.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
lol ya, i was just joking around. Anyway i've got small wrist, thin fingers and skinny forearms and that makes me look pretty much average on regular clothes and I'm fine with that because for some reason the corporate world don't favour huge guys. And to be huge in a software engineering environment is pretty easy lol. I'd assume it's pretty much the same in your field.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol ya, i was just joking around. Anyway i've got small wrist, thin fingers and skinny forearms and that makes me look pretty much average on regular clothes and I'm fine with that because for some reason the corporate world don't favour huge guys. And to be huge in a software engineering environment is pretty easy lol. I'd assume it's pretty much the same in your field.

Pretty much. Except our clients are the exact opposite: years of genetic selection for the hardiest people. So it helps to look a bit like you can actually do physical labour, otherwise they tend to treat you like an office softy who can't do real work and doesn't understand what it is like out there.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
V

vdawg

you want forearms then get a job laying bricks and buildin retaining walls. i did that last year and my forearms were ripped as **** and gained almost 2 inches on them in 3 months. since i didnt go back to that job in the spring time. its now gone

ricky121

ricky121

could anybody tell me how to make forearm more powerful ?? bcoz i am a rock climber and we need very strong forearm. i dont want to gain mass on it, just need to increase its power. any exercise could u suggest??

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
could anybody tell me how to make forearm more powerful ?? bcoz i am a rock climber and we need very strong forearm. i dont want to gain mass on it, just need to increase its power. any exercise could u suggest??

What you need --I believe-- is a strong grip. Grip strength has many aspects, you should look for something tim posted a while back about it, but basically I'd do heavy farmers walks, weighted pullups/hangs (since you will need to move your bodyweight) and plate pinching.

I've been working with heavy grippers lately and they seem to work (it's too soon to say yet) but anyway they help you develop crushing strength which is useful for weightlifting but perhaps it's not the most productive for your needs.

That's my 2 cents, i'm no expert.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ i forgot to add: anything (pulling/rowing mostly) you can do using thick bars, fatgrips, wrapping a towel around the handles... is also a great builder of grip strength.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Rock climbers need grip endurance as well. So do some timed holds and the like. I remember at the rock climbing gym I used to go to that there were some chinup bars that had been built using various hand holds. Maybe look at building one.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i have lacking forearms too, actually i', 6'1 and my forearms look long and skinny even trough there kinda big!

i found out that on back day, i do about 8-10 sets of pulldowns, if i use no straps at all during that period and every other exercise with straps my forearms are actually growing. i guess its just the right amount of stimulation i need to get em going

T

TheSten

What do you consider to be the "best" measurements for the forearms to make a perfect symmetry with the upper arms? Photos, anyone? Please, no Frank McGrath-pics..:p