• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ideal pulse/time

xtacy

xtacy

i just bought a stationary bike. my pulse is between 95-115 when i'm working out for 25 minutes.

are those enough or should i go higher? i'm 26 years old,5'4,140 lbs.

thanks in advance.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Working out for 25 mins???

HR zones are largely myth and junk. What you want to feel is completely out of breath and like you have really exercised after the riding. I have no idea what heartrate that will relate to, as it will be different for different people. For me 115 would be very low while exercising.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
29 y/o, 1'85m 91Kg with a **** "fitness level" and any activity that only puts me at 115 i could keep doing forever. Go harder/faster.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I have always found myself getting a somewhat high pulse while doing any cardio stuff, then again it drops quick once I stop. Theres scales on the bikes at my gym (a corporate gym) which says your max heartrate according to the scale minus your age is the optimal cardiovascular training. That would put me at 160bpm.

But I agree with Tim, HR zones are BS. As I see it, its like with weights. More weight equals more muscle in theory. If you want better cardiovascular health "run" to a point were you are pushing yourself and keep doing so.

acumen_target_heart_rate_zone2-1.jpg

-D

xtacy

xtacy

thanks for the replies guys.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
running is so boring, try wrestling or swimming lollllllllllll