• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Protein discusion, again.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hi folks,

I know it might sound stupid or ignorant, but there are a few things that I don't get, really.

We talked a lot about macro ratios, calorie needs and so on and sorry, but there are a few things that don't make sense to me.

I'll give you guys an example:

- I'm 82-83kg.
- I'm around 15% bodyfat, I don't know, some of you saw my last set of pics.
- Three of my meals (I eat 5 or 6 each day):

* Fat-free milk - > 250 grams -> 7.75 grams of protein (Meal 1)
* Oatmeal -> 75 grams -> 10.5 grams of protein (Meal 1)
* Egg whites -> 200 grams - > 22 grams of protein (Meal 1)
* Protein shake -> 34 grams -> 27.2 grams of protein (Meal 4)
* Chicken breast -> 200 grams -> 41.2 grams of protein (Meal 3)
* White rice -> 100 grams -> 6.6 grams of protein (Meal 3)

These three meals contain 115.25 grams of protein. That means I'm eating 1.41 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight, 1.65 grams of protein per kg of lean bodymass.

I mean, most scientists recommend 1.4-1.5 grams of protein per kg of lean bodymass. I don't even count all the protein in my two (or three, sometimes) other meals. I don't think I'm eating a bunch of protein... but mumbers say something else.

What I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Who said you're doing anything wrong? If you're getting adequate amounts nutrients/calories from your food, who cares if you have an excess of protein unless you're purposely trying to eating the excess of protein.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
1.5 x 187 lbs = 280gr

I know you're 83 but just round it up..

it seems you're eating just enough .. there's no problem.

Edit : ups made the mistake I speak about in my recent post.

Last edited:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What re you not happy with? Also not all of hose prteins are equal. Jorn t use to post studies about how important l-leucine is to growth. Thre were studies don where rats were only fed one amino acid, and the rats that were fed leucine had the least problems related to growth issues. Scientists used this study and several others to determine that leucine was the most influental amino acid concerning growth. Those studies were all done in the 1970s and the idea of leucines influence on growth has not changed much since then.

Look at your food sources for protein, you should be choosing complete proteins that are leucine dens. Egg whites and steak are good choices, or you coul supplement leucine with your meals. Don't quote me, but I think the amount was .065g leucine per kg of lean mass.

Last edited:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What re you not happy with? Also not all of hose prteins are equal. Jorn t use to post studies about how important l-leucine is to growth. Thre were studies don where rats were only fed one amino acid, and the rats that were fed leucine had the least problems related to growth issues. Scientists used this study and several others to determine that leucine was the most influental amino acid concerning growth. Those studies were all done in the 1970s and the idea of leucines influence on growth has not changed much since then.

Look at your food sources for protein, you should be choosing complete proteins that are leucine dens. Egg whites and steak are good choices, or you coul supplement leucine with your meals. Don't quote me, but I think the amount was .065g leucine per kg of lean mass.

Last edited:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, thank you guys for your replys. It's only I though it must be something wrong in my calculations.... It would also be nice if some of you could post your stats: bodyweight, %bf, daily protein intake, just for comparison.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Ok, thank you guys for your replys. It's only I though it must be something wrong in my calculations.... It would also be nice if some of you could post your stats: bodyweight, %bf, daily protein intake, just for comparison.

ok mate.

subject name :Good old Natzo (diogo)

BW : 85kg - 187 lbs
bf : 10% (not sure)
height : 1.79 m

estimated protein intake based on 1.5gr/lbs - 280gr

daily intake (not accurate) :

meal 1 : 40gr
meal 2 :35gr
meal 3: 40gr
Meal 4 : 30gr
meal 5 :40 - 50gr (usually post- workout)
Meal 6 : 40gr

total protein intake : 225gr can reach 240gr

I'm not counting protein that I consume from Bcaa's wich i ingest between each meal, my protein count from carbs is not accuratte at all ( except for meal 1 i'm not counting protein from hc's) the same goes for fruit. so it come close to 280gr.

Most studies that we read speak of 1.5gr PER POUND, we that use KG tend to make or calculations based on 1kg = 1 lbs wich is totally wrong, 1kg = 2 lbs, I think keeping muscle growth in mind for someone weighting 85 kg to optimally consume only 127gr of protein a bit below what is needed.

Last edited:
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
hey..lol i don't know.. based on msvf1's 15% mine sure is close to 10 lolol

lolol, i really was fat for my contest i was 10% lllllololol so didnt know anything about anything back then tho. good times good times.

10%=
IMGP0115-1.jpg

if your walking around at 10% atm very impressive.atm, Im about 1million percent :O

Last edited:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Damn, ugly face! :p

PS: I don't think you were 10%... maybe more like 8%?

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
lol yeah not my best face.
well take it for what its worth but i had 2 people do caliper readings, several, a week out and i was 10% not a lot is going to change in that week...

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
if you're 10 % there then I may be 12 -15 % and msvf1 is 20% lol

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if you're 10 % there then I may be 12 -15 % and msvf1 is 20% lol

im around 13% BF now and im bit harder than mvsf1anal, and Pickel (sexiest kanga ever) certainly looks like 10% there.