• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

What keeps you motivated?

Scout200

Scout200

Keeping up the habit of working out frequently is tough for most of us. What are some ways you keep yourself motivated to hit the gym on your off-days?

-Scout

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Vids, music, my trainings partner and I work a few hours per week in the gym so most of the clients are watching over my shoulder. If I miss a session there on me bleh!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Improving. The mirror should keep you motivated.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
When you have been several times through the process of rejoining the gym after months/years of inactivity you only need to remember the pain and feeling of utter weakness that you feel the first weeks/months.
If I have to stop training again I won't come back, so i better keep going.

On a more possitive side: keep some short-term realistic goals that you can achieve whitin a couple of months at most and fight to fulfill them. Things like adding 5 Kg to some exercise, doing 3 more reps here and there or something like that. That will force you to be consistent in order to achieve your self-set goals. Do not aim too high tho, or it would have the opposite effect.
Some healthy competition is cool too. ie: Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

That been said, at the end of the day this is a lonely activity and you should be lifting for yourself. Honestly i wouldn't be investing my time in something i don't enjoy.

Last edited:
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

you little ****...

soon my friend soon.

I may add that what keeps me motivated is the progress I see in the mirror, still a small bb to such a pretty face.

Last edited:
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Being awesome. I enjoy it and wish to remain awesome indefinitely and slowly become more awesome (if possible).

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Aw shucks.

Trying to catch the old man?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Stupid phone

Last edited:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Being awesome. I enjoy it and wish to remain awesome indefinitely and slowly become more awesome (if possible).
Exactly.

I just take a look at everyone around me and know that I want to tread a different path.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not being as big as Jay is, i can easily outsexy everyone on here but im not big enough.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Sif.

I'll be pulling 300kg by then.

B

bigbenmarch

my first competition next year. loosing isnt an option, ever

shadeagain

shadeagain

i will still be motivated becoz i will not feel good without it.

Scout200

Scout200

When you have been several times through the process of rejoining the gym after months/years of inactivity you only need to remember the pain and feeling of utter weakness that you feel the first weeks/months.
If I have to stop training again I won't come back, so i better keep going.
Ha, SOOO true!!
On a more possitive side: keep some short-term realistic goals that you can achieve whitin a couple of months at most and fight to fulfill them. Things like adding 5 Kg to some exercise, doing 3 more reps here and there or something like that. That will force you to be consistent in order to achieve your self-set goals. Do not aim too high tho, or it would have the opposite effect.
Some healthy competition is cool too. ie: Natzo won't stop benching until he tops me (which means he will be benching forever).

That been said, at the end of the day this is a lonely activity and you should be lifting for yourself. Honestly i wouldn't be investing my time in something i don't enjoy.
Nicely said!

Cork

Cork

My motivation comes from bodybuilding competition with a healthy dose of self hate thrown in.

Scout200

Scout200

My motivation comes from raising my 3 young children.. it seems like they're constantly on the run and I have to be able to keep up! Also, I plan on sticking around for a while... ;)

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
having sexual relations with the opposite sex keeps me motivated.