• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Shark cartilage

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you guys think about Shark cartilage?

I started to take it 3 days ago and I hope in one month time I will start to suffer less from a nasty pain I get in my left elbow everytime I do triceps.

I think it shouldn't be better than glucosamin but, don't ask me why, it cheaper than it, so that's why I got it.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could sell you some tiger penis that will help with your libido too. What you do is you suck on it and post a video of you doing said act on YouTube. Helps with the ladies no end.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
shark cartilage? Is that the commercial name for something else or is it supposed to actually be a piece of a shark's cadaver?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
shark cartilage? Is that the commercial name for something else or is it supposed to actually be a piece of a shark's cadaver?

It is what they have been using for glucosamine for years. In dog food they actually just grind it up, with humans they do process it and make it more bioavailable.

I have actually stopped taking glucosamine due to a recent meta-analysis that showed no evidence of long term benefit above placebo. I had been initially swayed by studies that were primarily pain relief and not rebuilding. Turns out that since then they have done the rebuilding studies and they weren't interesting enough to be talked about widely. Apparently those in the know have been touting this for awhile, but I have to admit I only found this out with the meta-analysis, not the other interim studies.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you weren't a mod, you'll be banned for this. Thanks you being useless.

Anyway, it's funny how I write about shark cartilage and you show up talking about penis. Go to a doctor...

I could sell you some tiger penis that will help with your libido too. What you do is you suck on it and post a video of you doing said act on YouTube. Helps with the ladies no end.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
He was making a joke about how people like to eat parts of animals for their 'medicinal qualities.' People have eaten tiger penis for virility and libido. He was also pointing out how useless these 'animal supplements' are. HTFU.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know, but his post sound very offensive nonetheless.

PS: I read about them and there are all kinds of opinions... you can't really tell they are useful or useless.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
You don't have to be such a nancy boy about it lol.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He was making a joke about how people like to eat parts of animals for their 'medicinal qualities.' People have eaten tiger penis for virility and libido. He was also pointing out how useless these 'animal supplements' are. HTFU.
Yay. Someone got the joke!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You should realize you aren't the funniest guy out there. Period.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You should realize you aren't the funniest guy out there. Period.
You should get a sense of humour instead of assuming everything is an insult.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Tim being funny? LOL those two don't get along.

I don't know about shark cartilage... my grandparent takes it he says it's good.

I would buy somekind of elbow wrap to give you more support during training and eventually stop pain in a long term.
that's what I did when I got the same problem you have, now i'm fine I dont use it anymore.

ps: this is based in my experience.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thnaks guys for your answers. Taking collagen should do the trick, it seems.