• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

2011 IFBB "FLEX" Pro show - 1st show of the 2011 bodybuilding season

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Prize money: $30,000

Presented by Body Fortress, the FLEX Pro marks the return of professional bodybuilding to Los Angeles after a one-year hiatus. The contest, which promises to feature some of the world's best bodybuilders, will be held at the Santa Monica Civic Center, just a stone's throw away from Venice, CA, the Mecca of Bodybuilding.

Ben Pakulski, Fouad Abiad and Ben White are just some of the big names already slated to compete. But there's more ... lots more! Dexter Jackson and Kai Greene are just two of the huge names rumored to be considering making the FLEX Pro their 2011 debut.

As if that's not enough, the FLEX Pro will feature a Los Angeles edition of the insanely popular FLEX Bikini Model Search! Stay tuned for more on the FLEX Pro, coming later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Here are again the lists for both open and 202 classes of the 2011 IFBB shows

2011schedule men 1

2011schedule 202 1

Competitors list:

- Dexter Jackson - THE BLADE TO COMPETE IN THE FLEX PRO!
- Fouad Abiad
- Ben Pakulski
- Ben White
- Kai Greene (not confirmed yet)

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Video/pics footage so far @ 12 weeks out:

Fouad Abiad - Chest training 14 weeks before FLEX Classic

Fouad 12 weeks out guest posing

Vobs4j 1

Fouad Abiad's Flexonline Blog

December 03, 2010

Road to the FLEX PRO: Stepping Up My Game

What?s going on Flex Fans?

I am getting into the middle of this contest prep now and really shifting gears. I started getting ready for the Flex Pro at 16 weeks and we're now just under 11 weeks out. I have to say the last five weeks have breezed by and I'm sure before I know it we'll be at the four week mark and I'll be shifting gears once again. The last five week have been smooth in the gym: My strength continues to increase, my weight is slowly coming down and every day that passes I get a little more fired up about hitting the stage with Mr.Olympia, Dexter Jackson!

12021001JPG 1

When I heard Dexter was doing the show I think I stepped my game up about five levels! I know it?s going to be hard to beat Dexter but if we aren't trying to win why are we even competing? I can say this: I have all the respect in the world for Dexter but I am going to do everything in my power to make sure I get a good comparison with him and then let the cards fall where they may.

I just finished a back and ham workout tonight. I am actually hitting hams twice a week to try and bring them up so I like hitting them after back since a lot of the back exercises I do involve the hams as well. I like sticking to the free weight movements where I can, this was my workout tonight:

Close Grip Pulldowns 3 Sets / 8-10 Reps
One Arm DB Rows 3 Sets / 10-12 Reps
T-Bar Rows 3 Sets / 8-10 Reps
Barbell Rows 3 Sets / 8-10 Reps
Seated Leg Curl 4 Sets / 20-8 Reps Pyramiding
Standing Leg Curl 3 Sets / 8-10 Reps
Deadlifts (off the floor) 4 Sets / 10-15 Reps

That pretty much wore me out and then I came home to my favorite new meal: Tilapia, Rice, and Avocado. I know it sounds messed up because not many of us like eating
fish and that includes me, but for some reason when I'm dieting....man its soooo good!

12021002 1

Alright that does it for me, gotta go smash a meal, look for me on my personal blog

Sacrifice Without Regret,
Fouad 'Hoss' Abiad

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Lionel Beyeke is also doing the show. His latest off season pics, earlier in November this year:

8032_1_1-1.jpg

8032_2_1-1.jpg

8032_4_1-1.jpg

8032_5_1-1.jpg

8032_6_1-1.jpg

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im so pumped for this show, Fouad will bring his all-time best.. I really wish their was a webcast!! :(

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Im so pumped for this show, Fouad will bring his all-time best.. I really wish their was a webcast!! :(
I really think so too! I'm gunning for Fouad. Hopefully there will be a webcast.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Im going to do anything i can to get to this show, it will be an hour away from where i live. Im so excited. I hope good bodybuilders show up.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So Ben White is a big name since when? :p:p:p:p

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

since they only have Dexter and they need to find other big names.

Ben name will get smaller if they find bigger names, if not he'll be huge!

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow Fouad has done a "Nasser Al Sambaty"... I hope he can maintain this look longer than Nasser did! Fouad looks very very impressive indeed!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Kai vs Dex? It should be interesting. Kai would take the throphy and "the 2011 Mr Olympia would be the best ever Olympia and blah blah blah". Same old, same old.

The big king

The big king

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see Fouaid taking second to Dexter.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
So is there a current competitor list?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, according to 2011 schedule, you don't a ticket for the Olympia even if you win the Flex Pro Show. WTF?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Ok, according to 2011 schedule, you don't a ticket for the Olympia even if you win the Flex Pro Show. WTF?

you get it, they don't know how many yet.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
^^ I think there will be at least 3. Probably 5, like it was for the Ironman Pro.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

He did win the Tampa Pro last year. I think that gets him enough credability to be one of the bigger names in the show,

H

HandyMart777

Hey I know this is a bit off topic, but I heard that Phil isn't doing the Arnold this year. Can anyone confirm this?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
December 07, 2010

Building Into The Show

We're just shy of eleven weeks out and I'm normally feeling big, full and like a powerhouse! It?s my second year working with Hany Rambod and we have made some good gains this offseason and we also have a new game plan coming into this show. I'm not sure if Hany does this with some of his other clients, but given the way my body is when dieting I agree with his methods and think it may really pay off in February! Normally when a bodybuilder diets for a show there is a natural progression from offseason to diet to extreme diet. Basically most start their diet with lots of food, minimal cardio and work their way up from there: As they get closer they increase the cardio, decrease the calories and watch as their body reaches that perfect point.

We on the other hand have decided on a different plan. We're going to bring it in tight for the first six weeks and then as we get around the ten week mark actually start building into the show. I am excited about it because part of my issue when dieting is maintaining the fullness and volume in the muscle, mainly my legs. I think with this plan I will actually stay nice and full all the way into the show. We are just under eleven weeks out and I am sitting at 267lbs, leaner than I ever have been at this weight. I think when we start pounding the food back I am actually going to get more lean and more full!
I trained legs yesterday with Darren Oliver, one of Canada's top trainers. He was able to manipulate my body in certain ways to really hit certain areas of my legs. We're mainly working the outer, upper sweep which is a bitch for most guys to really learn how to hit properly - one of those guys being myself! I was honored to be able to learn some new techniques and new angles to take back and incorporate into my own leg training.

Whoever says you shouldn't hire someone to help you is really just close minded in my opinion. Lately I hear people stress how great it is that this guy and that guy are doing their own prep or not training with anyone. I don't get it. This is the only sport in the world where it?s ok to be close minded and make huge mistakes. There is always someone who knows more and there is always someone who can teach you something. An NFL quarterback has a coach, and MLB hitter has a coach, these guys are at the top of their game and they still have someone standing there saying: ?No you can still do it better.? Why is it okay in major sports but not ours? Come on guys, think about it.

Here is a picture taken last Friday (as you can see I have the legs hidden, I guess they'll be unveiled in a few months)...

12061001-1.jpg