• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Toney Freeman arrested during DVD signing in Sweden

• Thread starter Daniel Andersson
  • Start date
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Bodybuilding star Toney "X-man" Freeman was arrested by the police when he was signing DVD's in a store in Sundsvall. The police knew that Freeman was visiting Sweden and they had planned the arrest thoroughly. Earlier this year the police executed "Operation Liquid" in which about 70 people were charged for drug crime.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Re: Toney Freeman arrested during DVD signing in Sweden...............

here is the google translation.
One of the world's largest kroppsbyggarstj?rnor currently doing a tour through Sweden.
But in Sundsvall, he received a cold reception. While the "X-man" stood and gave good advice to his admirers stepped uniformed police officers into the store, write Sundsvall Newspaper on the Net.
- Is this a practical joke? asked the star while he was away, on suspicion of doping offenses.
"We have learned"
The police knew that Freeman was visiting and had planned the operation carefully. Earlier this year police carried out "Operation Liquid" in which some 70 people on trial for doping offenses. And now the police are extra vigilant.
- During Liquid has taught us that those who compete professionally using steroids, growth hormone and other illicit drugs, "says Henry Blusi, head of city police group, the Sundsvall Tidning.
"Sad example"
Blusi says that "X-man" has admitted using testosterone, growth hormones, and cannabis.
- In a way it is sad. He stood there and autographed DVDs and there were many younger people around, who see him as a role model. An ideal that can only be achieved with the help of steroids, "says Henry Blusi to Sundsvall Tidning.
After leaving the urine sample was released Freeman at large. But he is not welcome back.
- Are you a professional bodybuilder, you should not get to Sundsvall. We are very well informed here.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Ha, what a load of wank.

fdelval

fdelval

First thing that came to my mind when i read sweden and arrested was that Toney had leaked some confidential U.S.A reports too.

glad he is only a "professional bodybuilder" and he will get judged by that dangerous offence.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP

luuuuuuuuuuuuuulz

Mike33

Mike33

Damn, this is embaressing to be from Sweden right now. I say sorry to Toney from all the "true" fans to the sport.
Here we have one of the greatest bodybuilders come to visit us in Sweden and a **** thing like this happens.

How many bodybuilders will visit us from now on??

Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Damn, this is embaressing to be from Sweden right now. I say sorry to Toney from all the "true" fans to the sport.
Here we have one of the greatest bodybuilders come to visit us in Sweden and a **** thing like this happens.

Maybe you guys can get Gus to visit you, he's 100% natural.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP

WIKILEAKS?

cereal

cereal

Usually it goes like this: First in sweden then in Finland...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

First thing that came to my mind when i read sweden and arrested was that Toney had leaked some confidential U.S.A reports too.

glad he is only a "professional bodybuilder" and he will get judged by that dangerous offence.

One more of these arrests this week and Sweden will be an international laughing stock.

I know: arrest some girl guides for solicitation. Damn them and their tasty treats!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
fallen

fallen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Well thats rough if I were a pro i deffinatly would stay away from sweden

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

"Waiting for announcement that Jay missed his plane to sweden"

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP

TONEYArrested-1.jpg

Yesterday IFBB Pro Toney Freeman made an appearance in Sundsvall, Sweden that he won't soon forget. The X-Man flew in, freshened up at his hotel, then arrived at the appearance he was scheduled to make. Less than 30 minutes later, uniformed police entered the premises and took Toney into custody. [ed note. Freeman was never, at any time, placed under arrest] I spoke to Toney earlier and he said, "I thought I was being punked... it had to be some sort of practical joke." As Toney soon found out, it wasn't a joke.

In Sweden, the police are allowed and, actually, encouraged to take anyone who LOOKS like they're using anabolic steroids into custody. This story is not new to the bodybuilding world as Swedish IFBB Pro Martin Kjellstrom has been repeatedly arrested and harassed by the Swedish government over the last year and a half, all because of his enormous size.

The Swedish police are actively pursuing steroid users by "muscle profiling". If someone looks overly muscular, they'll take them into custody and perform a urineanalysis to determine if the individual is indeed on anabolic steroids. In Toney's case, they had been alerted to his presence in Sweden by local advertisements promoting his celebrity appearance.

When Freeman was brought back to the station, he admitted, "take testosterone and GH! I'm a 44 year old man and I have prescriptions for both!" A Swedish website (http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article8249668.ab) reported that a "quick drug screen" showed both anabolic steroids and marijuana were present. Toney had just been in Amsterdam, and admitted that he "took a few puffs and ate a pot brownie! I wasn't going to lie and then have the results says otherwise!" [ed note: marijuana is legal in Amsterdam]

When I asked him what the end result of all of all this drama was, Freeman replied, "They let me leave and I went back and finished my appearance." The X-Man was very happy to find that all of the fans stayed and waited in hopes that he would, indeed, be back.

Local news reports say that Freeman is no longer welcome in Sweden, but no one is forcing him to leave. Regardless, Freeman has decided to leave on his on accord.

"I won't be going back to Sweden", he says. In fact, at this very moment, Toney is on a plane back to the states.

Toney's final words to me were, "I don't need this crap. I'm leaving on my own. I advise Jay and DJ to stay out of Sweden too!"

Both Jay and DJ are both in the midst of a European tour... and Jay is scheduled to be in Sweden this coming week! If I were Jay, Dennis, or any other bodybuilder, I'd take the X-Man's advice and AVOID SWEDEN!

atomic strenght

atomic strenght

muscle wtf profiling??? now its a crime to be muscular.they've got nothing better to do than stopping people from harming themselves with anabolic steroids.this muscle profiling **** is hilarious now they must also use dick profiling to arrest anyone who has a big dick which is a sign of potential sexual predator.:no:

cereal

cereal

In Sweden, the police are allowed and, actually, encouraged to take anyone who LOOKS like they're using anabolic steroids into custody.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me about samekinda thing that happened few years ago. Guess where? SWEDEN! Some female cop took some NATURAL BB into custody. And boy o' boy that "steroid user" was skinny. Low fat so he looked bigger, but hey c'mon...

fdelval

fdelval

what worries me the most is this:

"you should not get to Sundsvall. We are very well informed here"

lol-cats_i-see-what-you-did.jpg

aside of that, i wonder if fat people could get any problem too...

CartmanWeightGainer4000-1.jpg

Shadow

Shadow

Come on ya have to admit that something like this was going to happen. I mean how dumb can law enforcement officers be? If steroids are illegal in the states and other countries why haven't authorities rocked up at the Olympia and tested all the contestants? It's always made me wonder if there isn't something happening under the table. Let's face it, if you arrested every professional BB, steroid usage in gyms would plummet. And who knows, it could be what's needed to bring the issue out of the closet and finally get some sane dialogue happening rather than all of the scaremongering that goes on.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

in the most simple words i can think of to say after hearing about this...

**** SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Whoever planned this is a complete idiot on their part, from now on Sweden will be marked as the big X country and not a good X as in Xman but a big red X as in stay the **** away.. what a sad and pathetic attempt from their part, I feel really bad for Toney.. the moron officers who put this together should be in jail for retardation.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

in the most simple words i can think of to say after hearing about this...

**** SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry: They're not even a real country anyway.