• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Official 2011 ARNOLD CLASSIC Thread

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
2011 Arnold Sports Festival

March 3-6, 2011
Columbus, OHIO
Prize money: $344,000
Olympia qualify: 6

Last edited by a moderator:
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
List of competitors:

Arnold Classic

Evan Centopani
Toney Freeman
Marius Graatrud
Dexter Jackson
Johnnie Jackson
Victor Martinez
Essa Obaid
Ben Pakulski
Robert Piotrkowicz
Ronny Rockel
Branch Warren
Roelly Winklaar
Dennis Wolf

Ms. International

Betty Adkins
Rita Maria Bello
Dayana Cadeau
Tina Chandler
Maria del Carmen Gomez
Sarah Hayes
Iris Kyle
Klaudia Larson
Debi Laszewski
Cathy LeFrancois
Yaxeni Oriquen Garcia
Jeannie Paparone
Alina Popa
Antoinette Thompson
Isabelle Turell

Fitness International

Myriam Capes
Regiane Da Silva
Nicole Duncan
Tina Durkin
Allison Ethier
Adela Garcia
Oksana Grishina
Tanji Johnson
Daniela O’Mara
Erin Riley
Camala Rodriguez
Sylvia Tremblay
Bethany Wagner
Trish Warren

Figure International

Teresa Nicole Anthony
Cheryl Brown
Ava Cowan
Jenn Gates
Alicia Harris
Candice Keene
Chelsey Morgenstern
Larissa Reis
Natalia Revajova
Felicia Romero
Rosa-Maria Romero
Monica Specking
Erin Stern
Courtney West
Latisha Wilder
Nicole Wilkins

Bikini International

Jelena Abbou
Dina Al-Sabath
Jennifer Andrews
Jaime Baird
Jessica Clay
Missy Coles
Willeke “Wicky” Davis
Sonia Gonzales
Amanda Latona
Nathalia Melo
Shelsea Montes
Justine Munro
Nicole Nagrani
Noemi Olah
Jessica Putnam
Monique Ricardo
Alison Rosen

Both Kai and Phil are not competing this year,

Kai Greene will not be defending his Arnold Classic title this year. Greene, the two-time and defending champ, announced today that he will sit out this year's competition.

Greene, who fell to a disappointing seventh at the 2010 Mr. Olympia after being tabbed as a precontest favorite, had been keeping a low profile since October. But all indications were that Greene would be on track to defend his title in Columbus, Ohio. In late December, though, Greene informed us he would be taking off the early part of the new season and would target acompetition later in the year in order to qualify for the 2011 Olympia.

"Defending my Arnold Classic title, winning the Australia Grand Prix and competing in the Olympia took a toll on my body last year," Greene said. "I've been competing at least three times a year since 2006, and I just felt like my body needed to rest in order for me to be at my best. I wish all of the competitors in the 2011 Arnold Classic the best, and I look forward to being back onstage in Columbus in 2012."

Phil Heath has decided to skip major competitions before. But none of those decisions was tougher than his most recent: to sit out the 2011 Arnold Classic to focus solely on being his best ever at the 2011 Olympia.

"It was a very hard decision for me to make because not doing the Arnold is kind of like an opportunity missed," Heath said. "After placing second there two years in a row, that still stings a little bit because I feel like I can win the contest this year. But at what cost would that be? After placing second at the Olympia I feel like I've solidified my position as one of the top two bodybuilders in the world.

"Sitting out gives me the opportunity to make really, really drastic improvements and put myself in a position to bring an even better physique in 2011. And there's no other way to do that except by putting in the time in the gym."

This isn't the first time Heath has decided to bypass a marquee event with an eye on the future. He skipped the Olympia after qualifying in both 2006 and 2007 - to much criticism - in order to make the necessary improvements to be considered a threat at that contest. The decision paid off, as Heath debuted in Vegas in 2008 with a third-place finish.

This year, Heath lost a close decision to defending Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler. In the eyes of many, that decision could have just as easily gone to Heath.

"Every decision I've made in my career, I've had no regrets on," Heath said. "Of course I know I'm gonna have at least a couple days where I'm upset I'm not doing the [Arnold]. But I'm doing this for the reasons of trying to bring my best to the Olympia."

Joe Weider's 2011 Olympia Weekend will be held on September 16 and 17 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

meanwhile..

Team MD @ the Arnold 2011

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Also it's funny because that midget, Marius Graatrud, got an invite, I don't know why and for what?? while way better bb'ers like Fouad and others have to wait till the Flex show in February for a last minute invite, IF they will get it, lol.

Anyways, predictions anyone?

My early top 6:

1. Victor Martinez (1 Arnold title)
2. Branch Warren (4 most muscular titles)
3. Dexter Jackson (3 Arnold titles)
4. Evan Centopani (2nd pro show after he won the 2009 NY Pro)
5. Dennis Wolf (debut at the Arnold)
6. Roelly Winklaar

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil made the wrong choice, IMHO.
Kai made the right one.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
So no kai in the Flex Pro either? :,(

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
this guy is competing ! Marius the Meter freak!

I think is is either Victor's year or Jackson. Centopani top 3.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
I want Victor to win.

x2, but with the judging these past 2 years, It would be no surprise if Branch will win lol.

So no kai in the Flex Pro either? :,(

Kai is doing the Flex Pro show, 2 weeks before the Arnold. I don't know why, but for only 2 weeks he should peak just fine for the Arnold. Anyway, I'm glad we'll see another champion this year.

pakiman

pakiman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My top 3 prediction:
1-Victor or Evan Centopani
2-Victor or Evan Centopani
3-Branch

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Fouad Abiad is also doing the AC. BTW, I don't know if Victor can take this, he seems to not be able to regain his 2006-2007 shape, when he begin to show his real potential, if legs are now up to the upper body level and he nails it, might do it, but considering all of his past showings, I wouldn't bet my money on it...Centopani winning at AC debut? That would take a contest shape out of this world, especially with guys like Branch, Wolf, Fouad and Roelly on stage, Evan is a phenom but winning at the debut?? mmmmhhh

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Fouad Abiad is also doing the AC.

Do you know for sure? It's not that is official or something, he said he hopes for an invite after the Flex Pro (meaning he has to be at least in the top 3, or even better, by winning the Flex show).

Header 03 1

As for Arnold Amateur, Alexey Lesukov will compete there. Here's his latest pic:

ddragaon

ddragaon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is a great chance for Branch to take the title

my prediction:

1. Branch
2. Vic
3. Dex

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
uuu oh... Alexey is competing at the Arnold...

Finally a US show!

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

no way in hell evan is cracking top 3 here. he still has a weak looking back, chest is still flat, and hopefully he brought up his legs. i like evan alot, he's a super cool guy, but i think 6th would be more like it.
this is what im thinking.
1.branch
2.dex
3.victor
4.wolf
5,6,7,8.roelly/evan/fouad/toney. this will be a toss up to who nails the condition.

i think if branch gets another most muscular and doesnt win he'll shoot and skin arnold.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
I think predictions now are pointless since you will all have new predictions in the near future.. Seems like this will be a pretty lame arnold with no phil or kai; two of the most dominant and exciting competitors to compete in the ASC these last few years.

Kai is doing the Flex Pro show, 2 weeks before the Arnold. I don't know why, but for only 2 weeks he should peak just fine for the Arnold. Anyway, I'm glad we'll see another champion this year.

He probably dropped out of it since it says "Greene informed us he would be taking off the early part of the new season and would target acompetition later in the year in order to qualify for the 2011 Olympia."

IMO this is a bad move on Kai's part, to put all his inconsistent eggs into one basket is a big risk, if he doesnt peak well for the O, i give up on him.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I bet Branch will take it. He has a huge momentum.

J

joligr

Fouad Abiad is also doing the AC. BTW, I don't know if Victor can take this, he seems to not be able to regain his 2006-2007 shape, when he begin to show his real potential, if legs are now up to the upper body level and he nails it, might do it, but considering all of his past showings, I wouldn't bet my money on it...Centopani winning at AC debut? That would take a contest shape out of this world, especially with guys like Branch, Wolf, Fouad and Roelly on stage, Evan is a phenom but winning at the debut?? mmmmhhh

Man, I think Victor has definitely regained his 2007 shape; have a look to this video

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
dilated don't give up on Kai...

yeah I think this ASC without Phil and Kai will be less exciting but we have a bunch new faces competing, Evan and Essa i'm curious to know what kind of pros they'll be and if they have a Olympia physique... I'll still be watching to see if Roelly nails it and gives branch and dex a run for the money... we will see if Vic has any chance of getting back to his prime, also we'll see a debutig hungry wolf..

ok Pihl and kai aren't going but we have plenty of reasons to watch this and have a great show.

it's tottally open.

just my two penis.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ thats true, im really looking forward to Evan and Essa.

BTW here's a new pic of Alexey

myostatin_bull1-1.jpg

Last edited: