• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Jack LaLanne died at age 96

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The godfather of physical fitness, Jack LaLanne, died at his coastal California home in Morro Bay from respiratory failure due to pneumonia. He was 96.

2ng6k5e-1.jpg

I know it's old news but i really looked up to this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
He's the image of ageless health and strength. 96 is a ripe old age.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude was awesome. RIP Mr. Lalanne.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I didn't know him, but what an awesome life he had.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I remember one of the first articles on weightlifting I ever read was by LaLanne. He was all about treating lifting as a health pursuit and to aim to still be lifting at 80, not burnout before 30. He's completely influenced my philosophy and approach to lifting. He remains the definition of healthy living. RIP.

Cork

Cork

I knew of him, but never read anything about him until his death, unfortunately. Did you know he completed a lot of different feats of fitness and strength?

This guy put handcuffs on and swam a mile while dragging 13 boats behind him. Oh, and he was 65 at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my brother told me a bout him, i didnt know him till now, sad to hear.
his feats of strength are amazing. RIP.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
RIP he preached by example, not many do that.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
B

Batmanx007

I remember in the late 60's, my mom would exercise to his show. He's a part of the reason I picked up my first weight. I've been working out for 35 years, and have no plans to stop. Jack's stunts/feats of strength/endurance were incredible. To celebrate his 80th birthday he was shackled in order to fight strong winds and currents and swim 1.5 miles while towing 80 boats with 80 people from the Queensway Bay Bridge in the Long Beach Harbor to the Queen Mary. The man was incredible...........RIP Mr. Lalanne